Upgrade: Windows 10 to 11, game progress

Hi

I was planning an upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and would like to know if all game progress will be lost, and if I would have to start the game from the beginning or is all game save data stores in the cloud. I got the premium version for the pc and do not have game pass. Any help or advice welcome.

As far as I know, your progress will be safe. The game is saved locally and on the cloud, so if you’re just doing an upgrade then your existing local save should be intact. Failing that, it should download it again from the cloud. That’s all in theory.

In practice, I would backup the local save as well, just in case anything goes wrong, which is at

C:\Users(your user name)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.624F8B84B80_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData

Experience with FH4 has shown that it is a good idea to periodically backup the local save in case the cloud sync messes up because people have lost all their data before.

2 Likes

I Upgraded, and nothing was changed.

I haven’t tried this with FH4 or FH5, but I frequently had to reset FH3 last year and my save was fine, so yours should be. Like FullNietzsche said, it would be a good idea to back up the save file just in case.

1 Like

OK, thank you all for the replies all very helpful, so my friend was right, and he isn’t losing his mind…