Unicorns in FM4 (distribution has ended)

Unicorn cars in Forza Motorsport 4
Update: As of October 2014 and confirmed by johniwanna on July 8, 2015 during Forza’s weekly Twitch.tv livestream, Turn 10 is no longer distributing unicorn cars as gifts. This thread remains as a history of how they were obtained.

What is a Unicorn car?
A Unicorn is a label given to certain (rare and hardly seen) car models that exist within the game code but are not available to buy from the dealer like other cars. Unicorns are the same for standard and VIP players. LCE, Season Pass, and other DLC packs do not add any unicorns to the game.

• The only way to obtain and own unicorns was via gift directly from Turn 10. (T10 is no longer distributing unicorns)
  • XBox Live Gold status was required to obtain them; Gold is required to accept and download messaged gifts.
  • Unicorns were gifted to your Message Center. The message must be accepted to add the car to your garage. Gift messages expire after 30 days.
  • Credits are not required to receive them, and you may own duplicate unicorn models.
  • Players cannot gift unicorns to other players or sell them in the Auction House.
  • They can be shared to a Club garage (storefront-bought liveries or tunes must be removed first).
  • They can be upgraded and painted. Designs and tuning setups for unicorns can be uploaded or purchased from the Storefront.
  • They can be sold for 100 credits plus half the discounted value of purchased upgrades.
  • Although there may not be any unicorns for purchase in the Auction House, obtaining a unicorn will still satisfy the related Achievement.
  • Turn 10 does not send replacements for lost unicorns. If you lose yours to human error, hardware error, or any reason, that unicorn is gone.

Forza Motorsport 4 Unicorn list:

• BMW M3-GTR
  • Chevy Camaro SS Coupe (1969)
  • Ferrari 430 Scuderia
  • Ferrari Challenge Stradale
  • Ford Shelby GT500 (2007)
  • Honda Mugen Civic
  • Honda Mugen Integra
  • Honda NSX-R GT
  • Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
  • Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
  • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
  • Mitsubishi HKS Time Attack Evo
  • Nissan MINE’S R32
  • Nissan MINE’S R34
  • Nissan Top Secret Silvia S15
  • Subaru Impreza S204
  • Toyota Top Secret Supra
20 Likes

January Livery Contest

• Overview: Design a Fantasy Livery or Race Replica Livery for any car and share it in-game with the correct description. Post in the contest thread with the 3 unicorns you’d like if you win.
  • Link: Contest thread
  • Deadline: January 27
  • Prizes: 1st place wins 3 unicorns of choice; 2nd and 3rd places each receive 2 unicorns of choice.
    _
2 Likes

what’s the criteria for the Livery Contest?

1 Like

livery contest

This link above should help you with your answer. Its open to any design as long as they are within the rules on the storefront/forums.

1 Like

Thanks for keeping this going, it’s was a very helpful tool in completing my unicorn collection, and I now try to send some to my friends by using this link to find more opportunities.

1 Like

We hope that sooner or later, at least I can have her myself.

I would like to get a unicorn car. I need to get that achievement :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is what i need also… ill take any car just want the achievement

Yeah, I also still need ONE achievement for the 1250 and a Unicorn is what I am missing.

I really really hope it IS still possible for me…
Is someone willing to gift me one? :frowning:
It just bothers me not having the full Gamerscore, I want to complete them all

Read the contest links for full details and requirements:

Photo Contest Week 100

• Overview: Share a photo in-game with the correct description. T10 will judge your most recent 3 photos with the description.
  • Link: Contest thread
  • Deadline: January 27
  • Prizes: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places each receive: Honda Mugen Integra + Honda NSX-R GT + Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera (3 Unicorns)

News Discussion - Rear View Mirror

• Overview: Read the 1-20-14 RVM and comment in the related discussion thread. Include your gamertag and unicorn of choice in your post.
  • Link: Discussion thread
  • Prizes: Add an interesting post to the discussion and you may be selected to receive your unicorn of choice, if John is feeling generous.
1 Like

I’l participate,hopefully i will get my hands on that camaro one day,or any unicorn for that matter.

And how do I post my comment on the RVM thread

Sorry about that, I only posted a link to the 1-20-14 Dakar RVM article itself, and that article has a bad link to the previous discussion thread before the forums changeover.

Here’s the new discussion thread, in the News Discussion forum (click the All Forums menu to show it at the top):
http://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst307_Rear-View-Mirror---The-2014-Dakar.aspx

Follow the example of other posts in the thread - comment on the article and the racing, and add in your post:
GT: Christian21J
unicorn: Chevy Camaro (FM4)

I want a top secret supra

Read the posts I’ve made in this thread, and the details at each link. Asking for a unicorn in this forum will not result in one.

News Discussion - Rear View Mirror

• Overview: Read the 1-27-14 RVM and comment in the related discussion thread. Include your gamertag and unicorn of choice in your post.
  • Prizes: Add an interesting post to the discussion and you may be selected to receive your unicorn of choice, if John is feeling generous.
    _

Apologies if I’ve missed the answer to this question but if I’ve understood it correctly does this mean that Turn 10 will not be posting anymore uicorns in the Forza 4 auction house? I’m asking because this would mean that there will be a game achievement that will be impossible to attain which in turn will also have a negative impact on the rewards scheme as the achievement is only awarded if a unicorn is won by being the highest bidder.

Since it’s been well over a year since they unicorn tab of the auction house was used, I’d say it’s highly unlikely that you’ll see any there in the future (but I don’t make the policy, so I can’t make that statement authoritative).

However, the achievement pops whenever you collect a unicorn, regardless of the description, so if you earn one via a gift message (by participating in News discussion threads, winning a competition, etc), then you should see the achievement, no credits needed.

Thanks for this…I’ll keep my fingers and all available limbs crossed.

YES!
I finally got my Chevy Camaro SS!
To everyone who wants to get his favorite unicorn,don’t give up,keep trying!
Thank you T10,honestly.

Truth be told I expected the SS to be the '67 model,but hey,it’s the same car anyway so I’l just go and celebrate now,maybe try and get even more unicorns

1 Like

News Discussion - Heavy Metal Affliction

• Overview: Read the 1-30-14 HMA and comment in the related discussion thread. Include your gamertag and unicorn of choice in your post.

Game With Dev

• Per the 1-31-14 Week in Review, “our next Forza Game With Dev event is happening on Wednesday, Feb. 5 from 2 – 4 p.m. Pacific. We’ll be playing Forza Motorsport 5 naturally, but we’ll also be making time in Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Horizon so everyone is included in the fun.”
  • If you haven’t participated in a GWD before, it works by the developers hosting a custom lobby, announcing where to find the lobby, then running a few races with the room before starting a new lobby in another game mode. You have to be quick to join as these lobbies fill up, but if you get in (and maybe win), you may be selected to receive a unicorn. Watch for more details, especially the ForzaMotorsport Twitter account.

February Contest Schedule
This list was announced in the 1-31-14 Week in Review. Contest threads can be found in the Community Events Forum on the first day of each contest period.

Photo Contests:

• Feb. 3 - 10
  • Feb. 11 - 17
  • Feb. 18 - 26
    Livery Contest:
  • Feb. 3 - 26