Um

So Alex (Failrace) is currently playing the full version of Forza 6. HOW ???

It’s nothing to be alarmed about, some people get early copies of the game for review purposes.

10 Likes

I’m sure he can’t release or say anything about it yet beyond the fact that he’s playing it, but plenty of games are released to reviewers and the like before release. That’s how they get content out day 1 (good for publicity) and reviews out day 1 (hopefully good for publicity, unless the reviews are awful).

Why are famous people(youtubers) getting the game today???
2/09/15

Who in particular?

Well Dan did say that they were going to be working with some of their bigger broadcasters (this was in regards to leagues I think). They probably gave some of these guys super early access.

1 Like

The media almost always get their hands on just about any product before it is available to the public. How do you think they print legitimate reviews of a game the same month it comes out (In print magazines not online)? Generally speaking, an article in a print magazine is completed about three months before it is on newsstands.

so here i am with the Ultimate edition pre-order of forza motorsport 6 waiting for the early access to start so i can get on it and start racing.
yet i have seen a few people already playing it yet when i asked them how they are playing it they claim early access from T10. so like why has the majority of us gone out and wasted our hard earned cash paying for the additional content and early access when people are being giving free early access?
i could understand if it was a big name across the racing community but 1 of the people i know for a fact is not a big name nor is he a good racer yet he has already been playing the game and upgrading cars and stuff.
starting to wonder if i should be reporting this guy or not? any help?

You do know that pretty much every game is given early to reviewers for them to review? The review embargo for Forza 6 is the 8th, it would be impossible for anyone to post a review then if they were given the game on the 10th.

2 Likes

So what if others who are Microsoft employees and media related folks have access to the full game ahead of the early access release? Paying 100 for the Ultimate Edition didn’t say anything about exclusivity now, did it!!!

So what if others who are Microsoft employees and media related folks have access to the full game ahead of the early access release? Paying 100 for the Ultimate Edition didn’t say anything about exclusivity now, did it!!!

Various links seem to indicate that review embargo is 8th but twitch full game streaming can commence at mid day EST today. I think this is 5 pm UK time so fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Hmmm. quite interesting. I’ve seen this as well. Whats the point of paying $100 on early access?

You still get early access, but don’t forget you’re getting the car pass for that $100 too.

It is most likely either

hacked. (which we won’t discuss further)

or, like the days of old, the infamous ‘green disc’ program where select few people were given a pre-release copy of the game to populate the game with tunes, paints, ect… and to test for game breaking issues and or exploits.

The later is most likely the case. I wouldn’t worry to much about that as it is happened before, and most likely will happen again.

Ok on that score i understand. but tbh could they not give the “green disc” program to someone who is actually good at tuning or designing? i know that this 1 particular guy is neither good at either no disrespect to him of course. also correct if i am wrong as i’m not too savvy on the topic but aren’t the receivers of the green disc program suppose to be offline when they do all this stuff or at least appear offline?

Sadly, I was never in the Green Disc program, so I am not too savvy on the details involving the whole CoC with the program.

1 Like

I would venture to guess that yes, green disc people should appear offline. A person I know who has gotten an early disc hasn’t been online much these past few days. :slight_smile:

yeah i’m not so savvy on the CoC myself but i have a friend that used to be in the green disc program for another games company and he just told 5 mins ago in a party that they aren’t allowed to publicly show themselves playing the green disc.

but again not too savvy on but thanks for letting me know Verruk.

1 Like

Different games, have different NDA’s.