Ultimate edition and family sharing

So I spent my $140 AUD and bought the ultimate edition (digital play anywhere copy). I’ve played the game for a couple of hours and then wanted to let my daughter play it under her account (which is a member of my ‘family’). The game says that “Something went wrong” and to sign in as the account that purchased the game etc.

Does this mean that the ultimate edition early access is only for the account that purchased the game, and that family accounts need to wait until the official release? I’m confused.

Hmm okay I think I got this working. Just needed both accounts to be logged in at the same time. Don’t know if thats normal.

Back with more questions here!

So now that family accounts can play FH4 on my Xbox One. Is it possible to play either
A.) at the same time on Xbox and PC, or better yet…
B.) together online using the Xbox and PC?

Seems like if I launch the game on my PC (logged in as my account) it boots my daughter out of the game on the Xbox (logged in as her).

Make sure you set your own account (the one that bought the game as home console) ref link: Xbox Support

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Select System > Settings > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.
Review the information, and then do one of the following:
Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox. (pick this option)

so, that you don’t have to login on the xbox console anymore. this way all your licenses on the console is shared even if you’re not logged in

that should allow your daughter to keep on playing on the console without any issues.

2 Likes

Hey Bonafide, thanks for the tip, I will do that and then see what impact it has on our ability to play together. :slight_smile:

On a similar note, I purchased the Ultimate Edition with the intention of buying VIP separately for my son… that doesn’t seem possible though. Is VIP going to be only for those who bought the UE, or will VIP be purchasable as a standalone buy from the 1st?

Cheers

Will be available separately at official release on October 2nd
But if you play on the same console you wont need to buy for him…he can share yours as well as all other dlc as long as you set the console as your home console

I’m playing on PC trying to share the game with my brother, it crashes every 15-30 minutes without any error message, if only I am playing its all fine. Any idea?

Hey guys, I’m back to VERY HAPPILY report that family sharing works as the best case scenario for me.

With the Ultimate Edition purchased digitally, installed on both my PC and Xbox One S. My account on Xbox set to ‘home xbox’, and my daughter’s account set as a member of my family, we can both play online together with my Xbox Live Gold subscription, she gets all of the ultimate edition perks in her game as well. It really is that perfect!

The only catch at the moment is that you both must be in the same season to set up a convoy (if you’re still playing through the extended prologue). Once into the main game I don’t expect we’d have any problems.

1 Like

I had the same problem. Turned out my Xbox wasn’t set as the home Xbox. You can only set one as the home, any other one your log into you’ll have to keep your account logged in while anyone else uses it.

Does anyone have any working solution for family sharing on 2 PC? it seems like it crash within 15 min when we try to play together.