Twitchy in transitions

So I’ve been having a hard time with getting nice and clean transitions in FM6. I’m trying to figure out if its my tuning with the suspension or if its just my driving as a whole. I am using a TX racing wheel and i was wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers on how to get smoother transitions.
Thanks - Koda

Drive Fast and tune slow.

Spend time getting good in one car.

Search the forums for tuning algorithms and go from there

1 Like

also I’ve heard the wheels you have to tune with aggressive oversteer? not too sure don’t use one. ask some of the veterans that use wheels for there settings

hi Koda,

try stiffening your front rollbars to somewhere around 26-27, and also soften your springs a bit from stock (somewhere in the 400-500 range). keep the front springs about 70-100 lb stiffer than the rear

Lowering spring rate in the front will decrease steering sensitivity as well as front tire pressure. The spring rates will make a more noticeable adjustment where as the tire pressure should be used to fine tune your steering sensitivity.

OR

if you raise your rear spring rate this will allow for a less violent weight transfer. Stiffening the dampening will do the same but not as noticeable as the spring rate adjustment.

Feel free to invite me into a party if you want more info.

Don’t hold the throttle down while transitioning. Let off the throttle and power down after you have transitioned.

Depends a lot on the chassis set up. If you have a high front % the rear end will tend to be easier to cut loose, and this is especially true with the more HP you add. So take into consideration things like front % and tire size. The more the front % is closer to 50% (51%,52%, and sometimes 53%) the more imbalance between the front and rear tire widths you can have to create oversteer.
Oversteer is key for a lot of people while drifting. Generally speaking for a 2400-2600lb car at 52% front and 600HP, a 235-245mm front, with a 245-255 rear tire width to be a very stable chassis.
Then you get into smaller details. Some like a stiff ride, others like the chassis to squat a bit. Some prefer a slightly taller ride height when compared to some slammed rides.
Once all that is taken into consideration, when transitioning, throttle control becomes your best friend. And it was said in another thread, but check the deadzones in the advanced controller set up, open them up to 0 for ins and 100 on the outs. And if that’s to extreme chip away by one at a time. So 0 and 100 too big. Try 1 and 99

More rear tire pressure, open the rear diff, stiffen front springs and losen the rear f800 / r600 works pretty well on spring rate could also mess with the tranny if you run to much gear with to much power unless you have all the speed for the corner already going into it snapping will be violent. It all comes down to you and the discipline of your feet, you can change all the settings you want but if your heads not in it then your driving won’t be… sometimes its just that simple of the gas and brake.