Turn off radio completley? [see post #53]

Music volume only goes down to 1, which means you can still hear it. You can change the station to “Radio Off” but if you bump the d=pad you end up with music again. Can we just get that 0 added to the volume slider so we can actually have zero music? It’s not a difficult request and I can’t understand why it hasn’t been added by now when every other game ever has had the option.

11 Likes

I totally agree and would like the ability to change the Voice Over volume to 0 as well. Both are extremely distracting when I am trying to play the game

2 Likes

FH4 is adding a “Streamer mode” which will mute all copyrighted music. Maybe that will help.

3 Likes

That’s a good point but there still should be a 0 on the volume slider. It’s inexcusable not to have that option. Engine sounds are the only music I need.

5 Likes

You can right press on the D-pad to turn off the radio station. :wink:

1 Like

Which I quite clearly stated in the first post if you had bothered to read it properly. 0 volume needs to be an option just like every other game that has ever been made.

1 Like

Didnt you read his first post
He needs a 0 in case he bumps the d-pad

1 Like

Agreed, players should ALWAYS have the option to turn off music (and any other audio not essential for gameplay) regardless of the game. I’m very thankful FM7 had this option, it made the game playable for me (without otherwise muting my TV) with being able to turn off that terrible menu music.

4 Likes

You know what? I was just trying to help you out. I know you can’t turn the slider all the way down to 0, but turning off the radio is the only solution you have.
No need to be so salty.

3 Likes

It is absolutely annoying to be forced to listen to terrible music in the menus. I would rather listen to a dog throw up. I have not found any way to turn it off. If anyone sees this please let me know. I really hope I am missing something.

6 Likes

When i have radio off i have no music on the menus

There is still music if you’re at a festival, it’s in the background and can never be turned off.

Also when you finish a race the music plays regardless. You can only turn the volume down to 1 not 0.

It’s annoying.

7 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys. That’s what I figured. That volume down to one and not zero is for the radio in game only it does not affect menu music levels which are ridiculously loud. Every time I win a race, every time I get a wheel spin, every time there’s a menu, there music. Only thing worse than this is when I get a super wheel spin and get three sets of pants that I don’t give two gerbil brains about.

7 Likes

i dont know why im not able to dissable all music

radio or loading screen music

i want to listen to spotify while playing and not to the ingame music …

3 Likes

I was able to in the demo. I paused the game and in the upper right hand corner of the screen there was an option to turn off all in-game music (the radio).

2 Likes

Settings, audio, radio to 0.
In-game, radio off.
Easy.

2 Likes

Easy. But still 0 is not available and the music - not from radio but e.g. music in Horizon Festival City, can’t be turned off.

4 Likes

You can turn off the radio, by cycling through the different radio stations on your dpad(I forgot which direction you have to hit). One of the options is “radio off”. But yeah, the loading menu music is extremely annoying. I even turned the music volume all the way down in the menu, and my radio is off, but the loading screen it just blasts extremely loud. I listen to podcasts while I race, so I like the regular SFX, but I hate having music on, as it drowns out the podcast, and anytime there’s a loading screen, or I start a race, the music just blares. Hopefully something gets patched.

4 Likes

PSA: Use Streamer mode to mute all music!

No more blasts of music in loading screens - enjoy.

There is still music at the festival site in the background though. Wish that could be properly muted too.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

6 Likes

I wrote in another thread but will answer here too.

Use Streamer Mode to disable music in all places except in the background in festivals.

1 Like