Turn 10 seem to be ignoring the car wishlist

You are right and it’s a great point that everyone has different taste. The problem I have is this isn’t Horizon where many of these cars belong. When we have cars that have 0 ties to any form of racing I don’t feel they belong here. Now that’s not me saying I dislike the cars but I don’t see any logical argument that can be made to include them in a game that is marketed as a simulator. Save these great cars for Horizon where they belong and give us cars that have some track heritage.

I’m not sure what I find more offensive. 20 different Skylines in Gran Turismo or trying to justify a Pontiac Aztek doing laps at Spa. I also don’t remember the amount of complaints generated by DLC back in Forza 4. It was pretty much “Wow”, “Awesome”, “YESSSS!”, “OMG”, “This Rocks!” because even when a few bland cars would show up in a DLC there was always enough fantastic cars to balance it out.

1 Like

waits for thread to get locked

1 Like

Don’t exactly see if they have a reason to yet.

But on to main discussion, I find these cars a bit boring(and pointless). There have been many cars I don’t like, and shouldn’t have a place in the main series(the Ford Fusion comes to mind), but this time around Turn 10 went some bizarre route and add cars that should not belong in a simulation racing game(I.e. the Caddy limo, and now the Aztek). I get that they are cars that they have easy access to, and that’s the reason why they are in the game, but still, we all want to race and play in cars that we can’t own and dream of driving. Turn 10 is making a game where some of these cars are quite boring, not a fulfilling game, which is one reason why I kinda got bored with it. I miss FM4.

1 Like

Spot on there! We buy the season pass in confidence expecting great things only to be let down with cars that most of us have never heard of nor want to drive in real life, nevermind a game. It’s a shame that we’re being let down at the moment, where’s all the new cars, Forza 4 had all the cars we wanted, Forza 6 is becoming a game full of cars the majority of players don’t wish to drive.

Considering Turn 10 has the license for Ferrari and had the FXX and 599XX in Forza 4 and Horizon 1 it’s confusing why they would leave out such amazing and adored cars in forza motorsport 6, they haven’t even added the FXXK to atleast compensate, they also haven’t had the Zonda R since Horizon 1, another fan favourite always requested for on the discussion. Plenty of people request for old muscle, tuners, supercars, racecars but i’ve never seen the cars in this new pack requested asides the Daytona which I personally have no interest in but many others do so it’s nice to see a requested car in there, but the rest asides the IMSA car are a let down, seems like money is more important than satisfied customers, a huge shame, I do love the Horizon series however and playground games do add suitable DLC.

I too prefer to have exhilarating cars such as the 599XX/FXX/FXX K/ F40 Competizione / F50 GT/ Zonda R and so on, as they are Supercars turned track monsters, and are amazing to drive, look stunning/menacing and also sound phenomenal! Not that building a slow car into a fast car is boring, but it’s the sense that you’re driving something that is so exclusive, and exciting right out of box! If you wish to add an extra 150HP, you can! If you want 335’s on the rear so you can handle the extra power, you can! These types of cars are built for the track, and that’s what this game is about. The Koenigsegg One:1 was a huge success! But with this new pack, I’m not sure if T10 really learned what a lot of the community wants. I played some forza 4 today, just to see if these cars performed how I remembered, and boy was I right. Just taking the 599XX out on Mugello put a huge smile on my face, and the Koenigsegg CCGT was WAY better than I remembered. These are the cars that we need on FM6, not Sunbeams ad and Azteks. But that’s just my opinion, and that’s what I prefer. But yeah, some of the cars in the packs are awful.

1 Like

This is exactly my point, once the DLC packs for the car pass are done and dusted they’ll start releasing the paid packs that include cars such as the above to squeeze more and more cash from us.

Looks like £81 isn’t enough to buy a ‘full’ game these days…that’s business though I suppose.

The common theme from those unhappy seems to be a focus on racing.

Forza has never really been 100% about racing.

Is it a racing game that has garbage cars or is it a driving game that happens to have racing cars in it?

2 Likes

Depends on the outlook of the players prospective, but more on what the developer wants to conceive. I was hoping since we got a Super GT car last time, that sooner or later during FM6’s life span we will see the reinstating of at least Suzuka. The only reason why I can’t go back to FM4 is because I have no controller for my 360 anymore. In the beginning Forza was about racing, apparently. By the time I got onboard(FM3), it was getting blurred, as drifting and drag racing and other game types got more headway. Turn 10 made FM6 the prefect casual simulation racing game, where you can do many different things with many different types of cars. I miss the pure racing game play of FM4 single player, and I hope they release FM4 as a backwards compatible title soon. I noticed awhile back that they only had to do the minimal to get a car in FM and FH back in the 360 days(which they did a superb job in doing). When FM5 came around, whatever cars they could get a hold on, that’s what they where able to put in the game. It lacked because of time restrictions.(which I understand), but I was hoping for FM6 is that all the cars from FM5 and FH2 was available at release(which I guess they loss rights to or, like this month league event, as a dreaded unicorn car). I don’t know if they can justify me buying another Forza game after this(I probably will), but I just wish they melded the gameplay from FM4 and the overhaul of FM5 with ideas of FM6.

im surprised it hasnt been by now , does look very much like another wishlist thread especially since almost every 2nd post has basically mentioned cars they have want added to the game

This card is so overplayed already.

Let us not forget the primary function of the wish list thread: to consolidate everyone’s individual hopes and dreams into one laundry list with no promise that any of the submissions will come to fruition. That fact seems to be overlooked here.

5 Likes

I understand that these things take time. They might look at the wish list and try to oblige, but surely even in an ideal situation it would take months to completely model a car. That said…

The Pontiac Aztec? Really? It feels like a joke that’s fallen flat. There were no other Pontiacs in the history of that company that would have been more interesting?

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

I’m not sure what the issue with the desired cars is. FORZA 4 fulfilled my wishlist pretty well. How hard would it be to bring bac some of the greats from there, such as the DeTomaso Pantera, Pontiac Fiero, AMC Pacer and AMC Gremlin?

2 Likes

should’ve been a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Ex-pace car, prominent fwd dragster.

What I don’t understand is how could Turn 10 even direct someone to spend the time and resources on putting out something like the Aztec. I have never complained about the content that they have put out since I started with Forza 2. (Some of there distribution decisions, yes I have. I still feel that VIP content and Pre-release content should NOT be made available at a later date). But I have to admit that the Aztec has me thinking something is seriously wrong in Redmond.

T-10 seem to ignoring the most, what a rubbish game this is, the last Forza game I’ll ever buy.
I would not be surprised if Motorsport and Horizon will be merged together into one game in the future.

Man, you’re all so closed minded.

Just appreciate what you get. Not everything needs a god forsaken S14., or others. None of these cars (That I know of from this pack) have ever been in a Forza game before, and some have some cool history (Sunbeam Tiger)

Be thankful that you’re getting somewhat continual updates to your game.

Also, side note. I doubt they check the wish list anymore.

Just full of kids whining about the lack of S14s and “Drift cars”

5 Likes

They’re waiting for all the packs that come as part of the car pass to be released, only after that will we see the cars we really want…when we have to start coughing up again for DLC.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

I would like Turn 10 to put up a list of say 100-150 vehicles they have rights to use for inclusion in Forza 7. Every month have a vote off so to speak and the top 10 win and call it the “peoples choice” or something. I know that wouldn’t make alot of people happy but would on the surface be a good “pr” move maybe? Either way I will still play and hope something I like comes out each month. This month for me it is the LM, Merc and Sunbeam cars that I want to mess with.