Trophy trucks = Huge pain in the butt

It honestly could be a sim for power boat racing. They handle exactly that way. Yeah, I hated it, too. But the good thing was when I finished Smacking my head against a wall for a few races. Quit and restart. All other cars felt like they were glued to the track. I reckon you cannot get better practice for any other cars. Especially the throttle control needed.

This is more funny than most will ever know.

I did this series early in the career and picked the Mini. It was relatively painless.

But boy, I agree with some of the posts above. Screw the Polaris. I don’t remember it being such a pain to drive in Horizon.

It was nothing short of diabolical.
Really hated having to complete it, handling was abhorrent, and that is a polite way of showing my contempt for this race.
The other races are all fine though.

Okay so I just drove the Polaris… It’s not nearly as bad as the trophy truck. It’s not even in the same category of ‘somebody please stab me in the neck’ horrible. Actually was kind of fun to drive the Razr and handled quite well in it’s stock homologated form. Trust me, get in that Rockstar trophy truck and you will start thinking of new ways to end your own life. That s***box is the biggest pig I have ever attempted to drive in a video game. I think a hot dog has better handling than that thing.

4 Likes

Those of you that think the Polaris is bad definitely have not driven the trophy truck. Just finished the Polaris event, all the races, and I found it quite enjoyable. Maybe because I went in expecting it to be as bad as the trophy trucks after reading posts on here before doing it. That thing handles like a prototype compared to the handling of that lousy trophy truck. I will say though that engine note is ridiculously harsh, sounds like someone stepped on a gerbil. So score one for the trophy truck, at least it does sound pretty cool. Just leave it in the parking lot and rev it up, that’s my recommendation.

1 Like

I’ve driven both and I found the Polaris more a handful than the truck. The truck was a blast to drive.

The Trophy truck event was awful. I have to say it was a blast to drive in the rain races once you got used to it .Never got “Perfect Drift”'s before that. But it sure wasn’t the way to win the races…

A step in the wrong direction, this rubbish should be reserved for Horizon.

2 Likes

Yup. I’ve been saying this since FM6. Draw a line in the sand and make a clear distinction between the two game to reinforce the identity of each franchise. There are plenty of vehicles in FM7 that have no business in a track oriented game. Those vehicles occupy garage space that could be used for other key and appropriate cars(Where’s my Fiat 124, where’s my Guilia). The same can be said for the race/track only cars that populated Horizon.

Yes for this specific example I do acknowledge the existence of the Stadium Truck series but that’s not what we have here.

2 Likes

Polaris and the formula e and the worst I’ve done so far, didn’t mind the trophy truck that much tbh.

Edit- I used the RJ Anderson one.

Did this series today. Not as much fun as the Polaris races, but I’d still take it over a superhyperwedge or FormulaWhatever series.

I was hoping with the edition of trophy trucks in this game, they would have had some of the tracks set up with ramps like when they race on asphalt.

3 Likes

Totally agree with this. Honestly what is the point of adding side by sides or trophy trucks/raid trucks to this type of game (road racing)? If they added the ramps, that would make it worthwhile at least. They add the cones to the autocross, a ramp seems like it would be a relatively easy thing to add. Just an exaggerated hump like the one off-track on the left of turn 3/4 of Spa. Hit that puppy just right and with enough speed and you can launch an open wheel historic to the other side of the track hahaha

1 Like

Would definitely be a lot more fun.

RJ Anderson lower, stiffer it’s better but it’s clearly not made for tarmac.

If you drive Maple Valley in reverse, you can get airtime on the famous bumpy section not long before (after, in reverse) the covered bridge.

Can confirm.

Can also confirm if you are going too fast you will get airtime into the next available wall.

1 Like

Can confirm kissing the wall as well. Learned to tap the breaks at that hump real quick…

For having no business being on the track, they handle it better than the old open wheel racers.