Top Gear Car Pack

Damn still no 4C, C7, Harucan, M4 or F-Type.

Forza is lacking the most important car releases of the last 12 months…

1 Like

Why would they put out fun new modern sports cars silly. Its a simulation race series. A hummer and van is much more up to par.

4 Likes

EXACTLY!

You forgot to mention that they added a last-gen STI (which we have one in-game) over the new 2015 STI.

1 Like

I don’t think they will add any 2015 cars to Forza 5 even if we get some more car packs after May. They might have a few in Horizon 2.

It really feels like besides the two new Mercedes, and the Fiat Punto they haven’t released jack squat in terms of new cars.

I miss the days of Forza 4 where we’d get new cars as DLC before they were even announced, like the Viper and almost every new release car was included.

Forza 5 feels like it’s basically nothing past 2012.

1 Like

Nice choice! WOW that wing on the Chaparral its like an aircraft :))

I just want to know – what the heck am I supposed to do with that Ford van? Serve drinks to the other drivers?

Wait, I got the Jack Daniels design. That’s probably a bad idea.

So happy i didn’t buy the season pass. just such a let down.

3 Likes

Clearly you either don’t know how to tune, or don’t like to have fun. It’s such an amazing car when tuned right. I beat an entire lobby yesterday with it full of A class cars. People who were driving cars that cost 10x the cost of this van. I remember an LFA, Gallardo, and a Ferrari F40 I think. I beat every one of them in the first race and got second in the next one after getting hit in the first corner. So much fun. People are sometimes too serious about this game when it comes to car selection. I too would prefer newer cars, but this is what we got and I am going to make the best I can out of them.

1 Like

Mine wasn’t meant to be a complaint. Given that I just increased my car count from 75 to 133, lack of car options isn’t a problem for me at the moment. The main thing I was trying to do was to set up the Jack Daniels joke. It’s true I won’t run the van anytime soon but that’s only because I have so many other options to work on. I just started with the 69 Charger this morning.

First the Mini thing, now this. From now on, I’ll add the following line This is a joke or This is serious to my posts.

AX

Has anyone tried out the 2013 V8 Supercar, and if so is it any different to the 2011 V8 Supercars we have in game. Does the engine sound the same? Is it better than the 2011 V8 S? Thanks

Not massively impressed with this pack tbh.

RS4 - like it

Hummer - ugh

Transit - meh. Just a novelty really and no nordschleife to take it around.

Renault 5 - awesome

Holden - I find nothing super about the v8 supercars.

Lotus - lotus with full forzavista at last and an Elise.

Lexus - meh

Chapparal - a welcome edition but not a massive fan of this particular Chapparal

Erm, can’t even remember what the other two are. And I’m not looking cos this was a pain to type on my phone and I ain’t doing it again lol. So two forgettable cars whatever they are.

“In early April we’ll have another announcement about a free add-on to Forza 5 that I think you guys are going to love.” News - Forza

The ring coming next month?

Probably just that Stig thing they mentioned in WIR.

But I’d literally take a sick day if the Ring was released.

The Hummer and Van are provided for those people who like to take their important time out of the day asking us politely to slow it down and exit the track into a wall. Ah the good old days when Forza didn’t contain giant suvs intended to be a rolling roadblock. When all we had to worry about was 1500hp AWD glitches Vipers wall riding past us at 150mph in a hair pin. Oh sorry I’m mistaken that is a legal option now for all vehicles and provided tracks that are intended of it like bermies.

Please stop catering to the people that don’t care about road racing turn 10 and stop fueling their arsenal of vehicles intended for them to make us mad and ruin our good time.

So what you are saying is all road cars should be taken out of forza 5?

To everybody hating on the Transit and the Hummer, can I ask you why? The Transit is actually built as a “race van” in real life, and the Hummer is in all honesty an iconic vehicle. Ask any painter around here and I can guarantee they will be happy to see the return of the van. They were both fun vehicles to drive, and while some wreckers might use them, I have generally seen more sportsmanship out of people who use larger vehicles than wreckers. Forza is meant to be a fun game, and if some people including myself like these vehicles, don’t try to ruin it for us then.

1 Like

Simple. The game is called Forza Motorsport for a reason. People want actual cars that can tackle a track, not gimmicks meant to appeal to kids who can scream ‘HURR DURR LOOK I’VE GOT AN 800HP VAN’. Yes, the Transit was technically built as a ‘racing van’, but it isn’t really though, is it? It’s a normal Transit with some stripes on it. The Transit Supervan 3, or even the Espace F1 (a people carrier, but still close) are actual racing vans.

As for the Hummer, that doesn’t even have any capabilites in the game outside of being an ‘iconic’ vehicle. There is no way you can take it off-road, which is the one thing a Hummer is good at, and it isn’t all that great fully modified either. I understand painters like the vans and big truck-type vehicles, but for the general consumer, they really don’t have a lot of appeal.

Maybe the clue is in the title. I believe both those vehicles were in the show in some form.