Ticket Issue/ Ban issue

So my account is working normally, and I’m enjoying the game on an Xbox One X, but I’m making this post for my good friend, because he hasn’t been able to get in touch with anyone about his issue, and when he opens a ticket, his problem is always instantly “resolved” within seconds.

My friend has played Forza with me for the last 10 years, and we’re casual players who like to customize cars and primarily race each other. While uploading his designs to the latest game FH5, he inadvertently shared all of his old designs as this is the automatic pop-up when uploading to the new game. At least one of his designs was flagged and he was banned from online play. There was no clear indication of which design had caused the ban, or if there was multiple, but my friend deleted his designs to try to fix the issue. Since then, he has been banned a second time for the same reason. FH5’s system is a 3 strike ban system. The first ban being a week, the second being a month, and the third being indefinitely.

We have no idea why he was banned this second time, and certainly don’t want to not be able to play together indefinitely.

Has anyone else had this issue, or can anybody assist?