This is how you end up with a game full of idiot drivatars...

Overall, I’d say I don’t have a huge problem with the Drivatars at all. Sometimes, it is annoying when they very suddenly veer off the road and take off across an open field while they are driving a shiny new LaFerrari, but, hey, whatever.

I would like to make a suggestion to Turn 10 / Playground in regards to the road trips. If you’re heading to a championship series for a specific style of car, it would be awesome if the other drivatars in the road trip were driving that sort of car. Turn off their aggression and actually allow the player to have an enjoyable drive in a theme of the championship. I would LOVE to be able to have a peaceful drive with other Muscle Cars cruising down the highway. It would be an amazing experience.

1 Like

The worst bit about road trips for me right now, is that even if you slow down to let the drivatars get ahead, they still keep appearing around you. I run with full damage too, so several road trips have been interrupted while i go and get my car fixed. Grrrrr.

1 Like

People have complained about Drivatars since last November when Forza Motorsport 5 released, but the complaints are largely unfounded. Yes, they don’t behave like Fernando Alonso or Lewis Hamilton, and definitely not like a brainless computer program, but what they do act like is other people just like us. In FM5 I pretty much avoided playing online with the exception of playing with a specific friend, up until the handful of weeks prior to FH2. I did online races, saved the replays, and studied them extensively, analyzing player behaviors. What I found was that the complaints about all the online “rammers” were unfair because virtually every incident appeared to be innocent driver error rather than deliberate action. This is relevant to the Drivatar behaviors because they tend to behave very similarly to actual players. They’re not identical, for example always slowing way down on approach to Eau Rough at Spa-Francorchamps in FM5, but in general they act much like normal players. Odds are that most of the people complaining about Drivatar behavior are guilty of many of the same things others complain about with Drivatars.