The SRT Hellcat - BEAUTIFUL sound but that tranny whine

I think there’s no denying how beautiful the Hellcat sounds IRL and the game as well.

While watching it in replays, the tranny whine is unusually loud… the volume levels on that remains the same as the car moves further away from the camera… you can hear the engine and exhaust sound fading away, but that tranny whine stays the same throughout.

Hoping to finally see this fixed in the next content update.

Plus, cars like the F40 (among others), could use more convincing and detail-rich downshifting sounds.

The SLS AMG… please update the sound on that like you fixed the GT350 and V8 supercars. Thanks for reading devs, you guys rock!

1 Like

Are you sure it’s the tranny and not the supercharger? I have yet to play with it yet so I haven’t heard it.

1 Like

It is the SAME whining sound you hear that increases in volume as is the case with a straight-cut race transmission. This volume level should not remain the same as the car’s away from the camera in the distance (replays). All sounds okay during the race.

It’s not the supercharger - a SC would not increase in pitch and volume as you’re moving up the gears, like a race tranny does.

This is a sound bug they have yet to resolve, which is evident only in replays.

Fair enough I’ll have to check it out! The only sound but I have is the Alfa TZ2 it sounds like someone is blowing into a microphone the whole time making it almost impossible to enjoy driving it.

1 Like

Sadly there are many sounds in the game that got a lot of attention to detail in F4 and 5, but in 6, it seems the sound on some cars was simply an afterthought - the Jag F type i.e. I don’t think they’ll ever get to that.

Or the C63 Black Series from FM5… do you remember how fiercely accurate and brutal it sounded, particularly after upgrades? I hope to see the FM5 engine sounds make a comeback someday, along with all the bells and whistles: proper downshifting, off-throttle and upgrade/modded sounds for every car.

The SLS AMG was an absolute fav of mine… I do not like driving it in F6 or even 5 for that matter - it just sounds weak and too basic. That tantalizing AMG V8 growl ain’t there.

Can give you many MANY more examples like this; luckily majority of engine sounds on signature cars got down right. The Ferraris and Lambos sound superb (sour about the F-40’s downshifting sound however).

Also maxed out a 350Z the other day, and like many cars, it sounds exactly the same after upgrades, except for higher revs. The very character of a car changes drastically with engine upgrades, specifically exhaust and cam upgrades.

I’m quite positive T10 will give more attention to upgraded sounds in future Forza games. Plus, a bit off-topic, but it’s high-time we start to see exhaust upgrades on the car itself… sucks to drive a near-1000 HP car with tiny pipes sticking out the back!

Not really relevant but do Hellcats have straight-cut gears in real life or did you upgrade the trans in game? With stock trans does it make the same sound? If so it may be the sound they chose for the supercharger.

I’m a huge fan of all things Mopar (GT says it all) and the Hellcat was just a reminder as to what Dodge can do when they feel like making cars go fast. That said, I am not a fan of the in-game Hellcat. It’s a tank for starters and if memory serves me 3400+ lbs is as light as this car gets and then wheel spin. But, it’s cool that Turn 10 included it. I’m sure it makes a good drag car. This is what Dodge had in mind when they produced it anyway

I drove the car in real life, also reved it near redline. That what you hear is the super charger going up and down as the gears change.

Okay, you people are clearly not reading the post = WATCH the replay and see how the tranny whine remains constant during replays; the volume shouldn’t it fade away as the car is far FAR away from the cam? It is NOT a supercharger whine… the pitch of the whine goes higher as the gears go higher and that’s the sound which is stuck on the same volume even though the car’s coming towards and moving away from the cam. Same problem with the Ferrari 355 - the engine volume remains exactly the same as the car moves close/far from the cam.

Can we please get serious? The devs ought to fix this in the next update.

Speed Demon is right. Compare the Sound between the chargwr and challanger hellcat in forza motorsport 6 and you will notice its not the supercharger in the challanger. It sounds more like a racing transmission from a rally car.

I hope they will use the sound of the charger for both cars in horizon 3

I just did a short race with the challanger. The volume on the gears do not change even if the car is far from the camera. It is NOT the supercharger whine.

Pretty sure this is going to go unresolved, much like the other bugs.

Turn 10 made all their money with the DLC. Now its the silent treatment!

How about the 1969 Camaro in Forza 5 with the Race Twin Screw Supercharger? Nothing but wine not even exhaust note can be herd over the supercharger lol.

I’d rather have that over what the Challenger has right now. The original content for this game has been completely neglected for the sake of the DLC.