Hi! I’m not even sure if this will get published, but I’m trying to rap my head around this:
- Playground Games make a great game, a work of love even, called Forza Horizon 4, portraying beautiful UK landscapes around where they are based.
- There is a cooperation with Turn 10, who make the main Forza series. Assets are shared.
- Microsoft buys the whole thing.
- Side story: Playground start on an old game of Microsoft’s, Fable, and start hiring dozens of people, even renting a new office.
- Microsoft announces a new console, this making Playground and Turn 10 add new controllers etc.
- This breaks existing controllers for both Xbox and PC.
- Playground / Turn 10 / Microsoft know all this, but do not communicate it anywhere.
- Requests for support are outsourced to people who stream gaming daily, but do not answer support tickets for days.
- Microsoft spends billions an a new software house.
- At the same time, middle managers at Plaground? / Turn 10? / Microsoft? either seem unaware or uninterested in this whole omnishambles of a situation.
- There is quite possibly a great deal of frustration at Playground games regarding all this. NDAs forbid any comments from their side.
- Users get highly frustrated, because they love FH4, but cannot believe how they are treated as customers.
End of train of thought.