The simple reason why people are anti social on this game

No. In fact, I like being ghosted.

The only reason people are anti-social is that there is no incentive to interact with each other.

Well, there are co-op achievements, however, it’s so hard to randomly match up with someone who may or may not want to chat it’s too painful to do it.

However, I agree with your point. The co-op achievements should pay out more CR or provide better incentives along with making it easier to match up with someone who’ll be a good candidate to work together.

1 Like

Yes, but problem is, I’m not interested in achievements. Only in the prizes for it.
And if all I get are some stupid chat-commands or shirts, then my motivation is plummeting right below ground level.

If doing co-op-content at least rewards you with unique, truly awesome cars and offered dedicated lobbies for likeminded people (See Burnout Paradise), but no, we only get some severely underwhelming stuff (as far as I know). It still baffles my mind as to why PC-players can’t at lease use some proper text-chat for organizing.

For me, it would already be enough to take some inspiration from the Burnout Paradise-Multiplayer, include some fun(ny) challenges where everyone has to contribute and where great prizes await upon completition.

1 Like

This is it for me.

When I’m on the map I’m usually driving from A to B or merely present while attempting to connect to Team Adventure and Rivals. I have no need to meet up with other “random” players, I gain nothing from it. The presence of other players doesn’t bother me in the slightest, but I have no real need to directly engage with them or send myself back to Horizon Solo.

When #Forzathon Live is about to start I’ll head to the area and park up, maybe send a few chat messages, but once it starts I just drive. Other than that though I have no real interest in online freeroaming whatsoever as I prefer structured online experiences like Rivals or Online Adventures.

1 Like

so I was invited to join a convoy yesterday, great I thought, some co-op events maybe? Nobody except the leader can start events, so after just following the leader around the map for over half an hour and them doing absolutely nothing, I gave up and closed the game down. Not a great “social” experience!

1 Like

I think a nice addition would be the ability to stick around or group up with people after co-op events or Forzathon live events systematically. I’m sure there is a way to do it now via the xbox menu or looking at your session player list and sending out invites. However, an in game prompt might give incentive to join like minded players to stick around and be more social. As it is, it doesn’t feel “online” when people just disappear after completing events or once the forzathon is completed, please let me know if this is just my experience. I’m not sure what the technical limitations would be, but I’m guessing we would need someone to establish a player as the “leader” of the convoy.

I don’t mind the ghosting, but I would like to see a “free chat” where you can chat to people rather than the quick chat

People are anti-social cause this game does not encourage being social. The only way we can communicate is with a few preset statements like “nice car”. There is no chat in text or audio. There are no activities in free-roam that are co-op anything. The closest we have is forzathon, which requires no coordination and just everyone doing their own thing adding to a group tally.

1 Like