The paint job and tune amount limitations are abysmal. What's the point to this?!

So me and my boyfriend discovered just now that there is a fairly strict limitation to the amount of paint schemes you can have on cars in Forza 7. This also apparently to tunes and this limitation was in Forza Horizon 3. There are so many problems with this that it blows my[Mod edit - WSD - profanity and alluding to profanity is against the ToS] ind and has me in an irritated mood. First off; What is the point? What does this accomplish? Why must there be limitations at all? Can’t the schemes just be downloaded to our system and not be limited? Explain to me how this system makes any sense whatsoever.

Second; The limitation is tied to half of the cars in the game, Meaning you can only have paint schemes on about half of the cars. You may say ‘but that’s a lot!’ Yes, it is, but it doesn’t justify the limitations.

Third; The message itself about the limitations is bugged! My boyfriend encounters the message, and the game won’t let him back out to delete another paint job. It just has him stuck within that menu and he has to quit out of the game entirely to fix it. Another bug to add to this game’s huge list since launch. The message also tells him to apply a ‘solid color’ instead. The best part? Solid colors count towards the paint schemes limitation! What the hell? He tried selecting a solid black color afterwards and he got the same message. So solid colors actually count as a paint scheme and thus trigger the same message, despite that very message stating to select a solid color. That is a disaster.

I love Forza 7, I do, but this might be the most incompetent release from Turn 10 so far. The game has been riddled with problems since launch, crashing and other oddities, and this just adds onto that frustration. This limitation shouldn’t exist. Nothing about it makes sense and it has us both frustrated and confused because it is another problem to add to the pile for Forza 7.

1 Like

You gonna give any helpful information about what the limit is???

1 Like

Apparently you didn’t even read my post. It is about half of the cars in the game, we are thinking it is 460 or so, which would be about half with how many are in the game now.

This has been discussed many times. Try using the search function.

1 Like

What’s the point? If it has been discussed many times, then why is it still a problem? Why is that glitch happening? Why are solid colors considered a paint scheme? Apparently Turn 10 is too incompetent to actually fix the problem, so me posting in old threads would be shouting to a wall. A new thread isn’t much different, but it can remind T10 that they still have significant problems in their game. Not that they care.

3 Likes

It’s so strict that I’ve never run into it.

1 Like

I don’t mind the paint limitation since there’s a convenient place to browse and delete unwanted or unused designs. But the tune limit angrys up the blood. Every time you hit the tune cap it’s a button mashing nightmare to find and delete old ones. Give me a tune browser and I’d happily live with the limits.

2 Likes

But I still don’t understand why there has to be a limit in the first place. I don’t know what that accomplishes other than being an annoyance.

Oh, I agree with you on that. Hey, it’s my hard drive. If I want to fill it up with 2CV designs, I should be able to. I can only assume that there is a technical limitation in the number of files that caps paints, tunes and cars. Do these caps exist in the PC version, too?

OP:
Just because you cannot play the game the way you want to (or, in this case, there are limits you do not understand) does not make it a glitch.

The fact of the matter is that these are limits imposed by Microsoft, so really it is out of Turn 10 hands.

As stated above, this has been asked and answered before. A search would have revealed the correct answer

3 Likes

Okay, then what’s the answer? Microsoft? Okay, then why? Why did they put the limits on? Just because it apparently was not Turn 10’s decision doesn’t mean it is a good decision at all. It is still garbage.

About the glitch thing, again, did you even read what I posted? There is clearly a glitch with that. My boyfriend went to select a SOLID COLOR and it told him to select a SOLID COLOR. It is counting a solid color as a paint scheme when it isn’t one and as a result it is saying he has too many paint schemes. I said that clear as day. I will make as many posts as I need to if it means getting the message across to the idiots that put this limit through without some kind of consumer friendly compromise. If this game didn’t have numerous problems since launch, then it wouldn’t bug me as much.

If the answer is simply ‘because Microsoft said so’, then that is not an answer I will accept, because that answer solves nothing. I know, us consumers and our words mean nothing, we might as well be talking wallets that only spew out money, but I will still try to say something, even if the devs and other companies do not care.

1 Like

The facts of the matter remain whether you accept the whys and wherefores of them or not. And they reinforce the solution that was evident from the start: learn to work within the limitations of the game.

1 Like

It’s not a glitch. Everything you save is saved to your cloud account. Cloud accounts have to have limits for obvious reasons. Millions of players all occupying space. An alternative colour to the standard is still a paint scheme and has to be saved.

XBL hosts FM so any limits are likely set by them.

It’s simple logistics, just like any cloud service.

2 Likes

^ This. Every single XBox game has a game save file size limit imposed by Microsoft and the XBox team. Game developers may have some say in negotiating what that size is based on what data they need to save for each gamer on their games, but once it’s set, they cannot change it and have to work within those limits. As Dadiodude says, anything other than the manufacturer’s colors that come on the car constitute one of the livery spots, even if it’s just a solid color. This save limit has been in place in all previous Forza games and will be there in all future games. It’s not going to change no matter what you say about it … so you’ll just need to work within that limit.

1 Like

We just need options to save the designs and tunes (and photos) locally, if the disk space in cloud starts to run out (or, if we don’t want to store those there at all). Options to select, what to save locally, and, what in cloud. Pop-up for stating that locally stored things can’t be restored, if something happens to them. In concept similar to, how storing and sharing photos are currently implemented, although the number of, how many photos can be saved, is currently limited (this should change too).

3 Likes

Yeah, that won’t become a problem down the road. I mean saving a file to your PC won’t just encourage people to then hack it. I mean know one would then want to do things to paints that is beyond the In Game editor. I am also sure there would be no tweaking things in a setup file. Just like there has been no hacking since the game came out on PC with people giving themselves MAX Credits or MAX Levels.

1 Like

This is simply never going to happen. There are many reasons that gaming consoles are designed and engineered as closed systems. If you want those kinds of options, you’ll have to switch to PC gaming.

Microsoft specifically deter exporting and importing to external filesystems to combat hacking their consoles and games.
I know this from working for a AAA game publisher on earlier Xboxes.
As for the solid colour argument. All car designs are made of various solid colours whether it is one or 3000. This means a single square decal is a “car design”
So stop being childish and accept there is a limit

1 Like

Exploiting the flaws of the game is not hacking.
As far as I understand everything, that is kept in the cloud, is also kept locally on the disk (encrypted).