The next generation: community future expectations?

This thread is for the community so everyone can chime in on what they expect for the next installment of Forza Motorsport. This should hopefully give Turn10 a little more heads up on what the hardcore fan base expects of the future.

Personally the Forza franchise is the only reason I bought an Xbox 360 and Xbox One, so it’s a big deal for me.

Give your thoughts on what you expect, how many cars/tracks/features? How complete do you expect it to be at launch? What will make or break the game for you?

Way less bugs and glitches. More focus on MOTORSPORT. Meaning more track, racing, sports and road cars. Little to none of the oddball, trucks, silly cars or collector cars. More types of racing such as bringing back point to point, offroading/ rally, autocross on top of what we have now. Better online racing. Dynamic day, night and weather finally since horizon has been doing it since 2012…better dlc content compared to fm7. And make freeplay more of freedom type of mode meaning no more homologation, no strict set ups in the rules, and allow us to finally customize the grid. Keep the fundamentals and for the last time DO NOT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN T10!

Race regulations, ranking/rating system, 24h cycle with dynamic weather (not presets but % of rain possibility), balanced homologation for gt cars at least, getting rid of hot wheels/forza editions/forzathon/off road cars bs, better HUD focused on racing (delta times, radar etc), realistic traction control levels, no manual /w clutch shifting in sequential/auto transmission cars, different tires, detailed pit lane & crew; new GT, touring and formula E cars; more REAL tracks (Fujimi Kaido is welcome though) ; maybe a few different types of drift homologation classes (for closer competition), same with drag. If custom lobbies is a NO, I’d want to at least be able to choose from lobbies for each hopper where I could see number of players, race progress, ping, current track etc). Realistic driver gear so we could paint it and choose brands like in motorcycle games. Working in-game report, kick vote and ban based on reports.

There’s so much more, but that’s what I’d like to be able to expect. Realistically I most likely will switch to Gran Turismo.

Just two things, maybe the most important ones, at least for me : those wishes are for future Forza titles, but as forza 7 is still being worked on, such improvements may represent the solid ground to reach before moving on to another one.

• The new gameplay and physics (tires, suspensions, weight, general handling and driving impressions) : Any news on this as this is the very core of the game, needing some serious love?
  • A way to finally set to our liking the steering sensitivity and linearity on PC, when using Xbox360 or XBO controller? Maybe as well a dynamic steering sensitivity setting, based on speed?

For this second point, i’d be glad if there was a workaround to modify this setting, using a config file, a controller driver tweak or something that i’m not aware of…

Thank you.

I think FM7 is becoming a beta for FM8 in a way and I like this idea. The new FFB has had a few issues and many have been fixed. I would rather have the patches and such in FM7 and have a much better performing game for FM8 rather than FM8 with all the issues.
This late in the game cycle many players are the long time Forza players who will give the best feedback from experience to Turn 10 ( as we have witnessed in this forum ). Perhaps once they get the fundamental FFB satisfactorily improved, it can then be the foundation for FM8 and it may even offer more fine tuned adjustments from having a better FFB foundation to work off of.
I use the FFB as my example but I think many of the improvements are trials or some type of beta working out bugs and gathering test info from these FM7 improvements.

1 Like

Not sure this is still usefull, but an integrated tool to organise and manage online championships and the new Aussie Supercars !!!

Not sure this is still usefull, but an integrated tool to organise and manage online championships and the new Aussie Supercars !!!

Skill based matchmaking and sportsmanship ratings.