The Grind Is Over....

I also only play for a few hours after work and a bit more at weekends if the weather is bad … Under 25? I wish I’m more than double that…

Funnily enough have replaced “Goliath” with NASCAR in FM6… running 50 miles plus with the various teams to unlock the achievements and get the pts needed for Tier 6

Wow I get 1 maybe 2 hours in at night, and that’s not every night. I think I’m still under level 100 , not really sure about that. RL takes up a lot of my time so I just concentrate on enjoying the game, doing rivals mostly.

3 Likes

After a heavy night of Achievement “grinding” on FM6 - Mainly Nascar I’m 24 points short of Tier 6… so play FM6 and maybe APEX tomorrow and should get those out of the way…

Got them and some to spare in APEX…

I guess you guys only play this game to grind and not have fun? I suggest playing online adventures, unless you guys are only comfortable playing against the AI.

And swap the Grind for a Crunch… :eek:

Care to elaborate? you can play online without collisions if that’s what you were referring to.

So far my “on-line” experiences haven’t been that enjoyable - perhaps I am not using the features properly and would benefit from some pointers as to where I can get fair enjoyable racing…

I have just done the sums… as well as spending some time tuning the 302 Boss HE for Goliath after finishing the Forzathon and playing some FM6…

I am going to need 98M CR before discount to buy the remaining cars for a full garage…

IF the discount is 30% then that’s roughly 66M…

Less the 32M I have already… So 34M to find in a week…

Credit Boost Car with Perks is making me around 1.2M CR/h… The XP Boost one is around 800K CR/h (although a bit of tuning has taken 10s of my fastest lap and made the lap easier to drive gaining around 10MPH on Vmin in most corners…

So looking at 4 hours a night solid Grinding … :frowning:

Just to add my .02. I prefer the FM6 crazy money model because then credits are not an issue and I can go do whatever I want in the game. In FH3 I feel like I do spend a lot of time grinding Goliath. Goliath is pretty fun so it is not too bad but I do have limited time to play so I would prefer more credits than less. I can see where others disagree.

2 Likes

I discovered “tuning” and it gave me new enthusiasm for “grinding” …

I managed to start to beat AWD versions of the Boss and GT HE cars into some sort of shape so have managed to build up CR at 1.2M/Hour and got to Level 775 and 48M CR with 999 Skill Perk Points … still another 20M needed for the Black Friday Sales to buy all the cars I don’t currently have - but that should be in reach now only 5 hours a night …

I finally came up with the correct incantation at the Altar of Tuning to iron out the sudden inescapable plowing in my AWD Ford GT HE. (I don’t much understand springs/dampers, so it’s all trial and error.) It was maddening, with a perfect-handling car suddenly and unpredictably becoming a hockey puck. Now I can actually turn all the time. So I’ll be doing some grinding on Goliath myself with it. That bit of numbers magic immediately got me down from over 10-minute times into the mid-9s.

Some of us are done working. :wink: But I hear you. I’m putting less time overall into FH3, partly because of all the technical frustrations I’ve had with it, but also because no game will hold my interest forever. (Some have come close.) I’ve completed everything I cared to complete here, and now I’m playing in a less-intense, non-exclusive way. I’ve started on FM6, which I got cheap on the Black Friday XBL sale. I imagine that will eventually take up most of my racing time for a while.

I still want all the HE cars, though. So far, I’ve managed to get them all, one way or the other. A full garage interests me less.

To each their own. But isn’t the point of videogames to be an enjoyment? It seems to me like some of you guys are not enjoying driving the same huge circle around for hours on end.

I’m not trying to taunt you. Just an invitation to consider why are you actually playing video games. Does this make you happy?

You’ll have plenty of time to complete mindless chores when you start working.

4 Likes

I agree. Usually the journey itself is the most enjoyable, not the end result. Here it seems it’s the other way around. But to each to their own, I guess…
Although, I do enjoy the occasional Goliath, to test cars or just chill…

“There is plenty of time to sleep in the grave.” - William Shakespeare

I found a website on tuning for Forza and worked from there…

I have got some spare time this week so might as well set myself a goal to keep me busy while it raining cats and dogs outside… The Black Friday “event” seemed like a perfect chance to get the Muti-million cars at a knock down price… plus once you have the car tune sorted it becomes less of a grind and more of a “battle” to knock your best lap times down…

I did a 10:47 with my Jaguar F-Type S class tune. I find I make less mistakes and am more consistent then the higher classes.

Looks like I might just make it… Just one 6 lap race away from the 62M I need provided we get 30% off … and got to level 819 in the process…

Don’t forget that the 5% perk should apply as well, so use that before each big buy and you’ll gain more combined discount = more cars :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep have that factored in and Skill Perk Points maxed out at 999… Just got to remember to apply the perk before each purchase…

I did a 50 lap goliath race. I can do a lap in my sleep now. Over 8 hours, not as fun as on the nurburgring though.

I’m not a fan of how the radio basically extends the same song for like 10 minutes during this race.

3 Likes