The Car Files

I managed to get 3 Stars on my second try. Just drive to the beach place near the castle and use the Sand hils to perform jumps and your score will raise fast. Hope this helps

As long as you do it in one long streak, it’s not bad. Just jump and drift through fences the entire time.

Best I could get turning right (with shortcuts), or going straight ahead across the quarry was 34 seconds. Turning LEFT at the start and cutting across the quarry results in a much faster time! You still cut across the quarry, but aren’t slowed down by the little hills inside the center of it.

^^ this is how I did it too … maybe a tiny bit more of an arc to the north so when you burst out of the quarry you end up on the road

& yeah I cut a massive part of the corner for the Utility sedan too

I have 3* all of them if anyone wants any tips …
I have put a couple of tips into another thread (before seeing this one) …
reliant jump & Morris speed need a longer run up - you have plenty of time - loop back from start position
Manx Meyers was just hooning untli the multiplier went to 5x and skill to 40k …knock down fences , sideswipe, jumps etc
the last miata one is just speed skills … just keep it nailed and try not to hit anything

Protip for the MEYERS MANX mission! Straight after the mission starts, blast to the left and go to the airstrip - not kidding…you will have a lot of time left to accumulate like 230-250k points as the airstrip is full of combos like “Road Open” “Sideswipe” etc.

2 Likes

I went towards the castle by the beach and just went hill hopping around there, just like I do for the Forzathon. Pretty much got 3 stars on the first try for most of the files. Love the crash dummy suit!!! Thanks Forza!

1 Like

This is why I have never liked these “stories”. You basically have to always find a way to milk the system instead of just a straight-forward challenge.

2 Likes

mmm ok … I don’t see it as ‘milking the system’ to take a longer run up on a jump …
if you can’t get fast enough with the space you have been given by default then it should be pretty obvious … but sometime people don’t think laterally and think they have to do it from the start point given

no one has cheated here , just offering advice that might flick on a lightbulb on an event that is frustrating others

If you were given straight forward challenges that were all way too easy, then they stop being challenges …
TBH I found these generally easy , maybe it is just the experience of the other stories that has made these seem easy

Milking might have been the wrong term, and I am not talking about the going back to get a better run. The ones that irk me are the ones that the only way to get 3 stars are to go cross country vs the shown route. They remind me of the Speed Zones in H3 that 3 stars were only attainable by finding the right “cuts”. Things like the last Showcase with the bikes. Only way to win is by “cutting” the last corner. Things like that just irk me, but to each there own.

“Cheese”, I think, is the usual gamer term for finding cheap tricks for accomplishing something that aren’t necessarily the developer intended way, but still not necessarily prevented by the game mechanics.

And you’re right, that’s one way to look at it. But another way is, that if you can find some way to accomplish what you need to do, within the confines of the game mechanics, well, some people think themselves somewhat clever. You’re given 10 seconds to get back on the road. If you can cut a corner within those 10 seconds, and shave a few seconds off your route, then you’ve successfully cheesed the system. How clever of you.

I thought things like getting 300% for playlist and seasonal bothered you.:grin:

You and your crayon math. Most people around here would agree that you cannot get more than 100% of anything.

Oh ye of little faith.

I like them but don’t understand why listening to orders is for losers. It’s strange.

2 Likes

But it’s an exception. I did Laracer and British racing recently and had to do a lot of “nasty” things. It was necessary for 3 stars.

I started and completed (30 stars) The Car Files last night. What a blast! What surprised me was the beautifully tuned cars! The handling on the old VWs and the MX5 was so sweet! It’s a pity the tunes don’t come as optional presets on these vehicles.

1 Like

Without checkpoints its just a point to point race …doesnt matter if you are cutting corners …its point to point…where the line is just a guide nothing else
It helps with almost every story too
Same deal with a few races too…especially those community made events
Its NOT cheating…you are supposed to do it

1 Like

Can i please ask something. When i finish every challenge i do get the influence points but it doesn’t increase the bar. Im on the 8th level of challenges but i m still lvl 1 on the bar of influence. Can someone help me

Ate you level 70 in game yet
Someone posted about this the other day too
Because they hadnt reached level 70 they didnt get points yet

Managed to get all 30 stars. Only the skills one made me pull my hair out. I was only 8000-10000 away from 3 stars after trying about 30 times. Finally just barely got it. I have to 100% the playlist every time. It’s an OCD thing I guess. lol