Thank you turn 10 for real racing! No collisions b class. Please add more classes.

Pretty sure real racing includes collisions, looks to NASCAR, INDY, CART, V8 Supercars, Oh , yep, look at that, wrecks! yep,. That’s real racing.

I wouldn’t call collisions off real racing at all, more just chasing ghosts with no real strategy involved at all. No need to try to avoid others, no planning your move to draft and overtake, ect. Sounds dull to me. Even as one of the worst racers in the game I see it as a bad thing.

1 Like

I see it as Turn 10 doing their best to deal with a situation. Fact is, as much as everybody (at least in the forums) wants clean racing, experience shows that it is pretty difficult to come by in the public hoppers. This is due to:

A. People who have no interest at all in racing and simply want to get their kicks wrecking others.
B. People who are interested in racing but lose their head for numerous reasons during races and want revenge.
C. People who want to race and improve but aren’t highly skilled and make mistakes that cause wrecks.
D. Weak network connections causing flying cars and other paranormal activity.

Fact is, I don’t have unlimited time to race. When you factor in the time spent getting into the lobby, possibly waiting for a full race to finish, vote, etc…it’s not quick. And, if the payoff after all of that is to only survive about 25% of races past Turn 1, then, that just doesn’t work for me. I actually stopped doing multiplayer and didn’t come back until they created this no-collision lobby. I’m willing to race collisions-on with people I can trust but, after my previous experience, not with the general public. It’s a poor investment of my time.

AX

5 Likes

This topic was not intended to make anyone mad. Real racing does include collisions and cars are usually out of the race. People flip cars and yet keep going in collision mode. People dont get injured or die like real racing. Therefore the collision mode being real race is not. It is a racing game cheers. Should you like flipping and crashing then collision mode is for you. I personally dont i like driving non leaderboard cars without the hassle of people hitting me for no reason. I can be a defensive driver in collison mode. Whenever i crave that i can jump back into people hitting each other but not now this is a good change for me and others.

Ahh the “real racing” argument. I love how in Forza’s “real racing”, being used by those who don’t like no-collision lobbies, how someone having some “real fun” and being at least a lap behind waits by the last corner and takes out the leader who spent the whole race working his way through the pack. Gotta love that “real racing”. It’s enough to make you want to take out the disc and vomit all over it.

P.S., thank you Turn ten for the no-collision b lobby.

3 Likes

Real racing is hotlapping in lobbies now? Pffft

3 Likes

It’s no less real than what you apparently are doing. Pffft

1 Like

Flying cars can keep flying they dont crash me in “real racing” lol.

The closest form of “true” racing you can get is with like-minded people, taking the game seriously, and respecting other people. Not necessarely in leagues, but it does help. Almost none of those hopper races can offer that. That said, while I think that collisions are a huge part in racing, you shouldn’t be blatantly wiped off the road by people trying to ruin other people’s fun. No-collision hoppers is the best option to prevent idiots from ruining serious gamers’ races.

And to say that no-collision races are mostly hotlap sessions is partly correct. While it doesn’t have as much strategy, I wouldn’t be sure that anyone would like being constantly tailgated by another driver only to see his opponent’s ghost catching up.

If they set loose track trolls in Range Rovers to antagonize the field in physical racing then the real racing vs. not real racing argument would have merit. Call me when they set the H1’s loose in F1.

Part of the reason online lobbies are so bad is because people refuse to let off and set themselves up for corners, everybody races three wide with the accelerator floored well into the braking zone or they try to fit the whole field of cars into a single-file corner. People try to hot lap with cars on the track, which will not work. You have to have the ability to deviate from the regular racing line and make passes. I make so many passes because people slide through corners or crowd each other and end up going off in the grass together. Cars have brakes for a reason.

“If it looks slow, it’s fast.” - J. Clarkson

I can only see racing with no consequences for driving straight through Casper-the-friendly-BMW making this problem worse. Part of racing is learning to drive with traffic and anticipating the moves of those around you.

I get wrecked in online lobbies, it happens. But most of the time I get gold medals because I can stay on the track when half the field is conditioned to using rewind and not driving with real cars on the track.

But if racing ghosts is your cup-o-tea, like a Live Rivals mode, then by all means, enjoy. Have fun.

5 Likes

This ghost mode may be a temporary lobby if it’s one of those days where you find a crasher in every lobby you join. Yes it may not be ‘real racing’ and the only way for the ‘real racing’ to ever return is ‘CUSTOM PUBLIC LOBBIES’ cause you can kick and boot the laggers or crashers. Of course they could improve the old system where if the majority leave the race; they could vote to end race immediately with the hosts vote needed too.

So i have done 5 races and won all by 10 seconds or more… im liking that i dont get wrecked but wheres the competition? Im a usual GT racer but i get so fustrated when ppl wreck me for no reason especially when i am lapping them

Send me a FR if you want to lose by 10 seconds lol jokes.

I have been lucky enough to have some good competition in these lobbies against some top drivers. Loving these lobbies. Some good racing can be had in a lot of diverse builds and tunes.

And to those that say it’s not real racing. It’s probably not but it’s more fun racing in these lobbies than being taken out by crashes or people who don’t know racing etiquette constantly in the normal lobbies.

2 Likes

I might just do that lol

mmm “real” interesting…

Ghost hot lapping (without collision) v simulated racing (with collision) ~ won’t define either as a race :slight_smile:

What’s the harm in both folks? surely this is a huge benefit to the serious community and the casual for fun gamers alike?

More hoppers will draw some less able talent into ghost races (away from regular hoppers) or GOOD NEWS for all as it should be known! They can’t do any harm there and their not in your hair in the (with collision) regular hoppers.

Ghost hot lapping will also entice in new blood! Multiplayer gamers without the skills or time or interest but who could be encouraged if given half a “fun” chance, instead of what we know can happen which is an early shower or some bloated ego rallying off a round of verbal abuse for being T-boned… who’s going to keep coming back? and if they do, where do they go??

I think it’s a great move T10! I’de love to see more classes in ghost modes for my own use and to help the more competitive racers.

Seems to be a catch 22 we all want solved but come at it from different self-motivated angles.

What’s best for the global community? and with that in mind, I too say, thank you Turn 10 for “real” (without collision), for fun entertainment ~ Please add more classes!

delete double psot

You’re never going to learn how to race clean without collisions being turned on otherwise you are pretty mch just hotlapping against other players.

You aren’t going to develop a skill for anticipation, or spacial awareness, for sure, but, these contact-free lobbies involve different skill-sets, and it’s got to be pure skill if you are to be successful. You are wrong there. Instead of utilizing your abilities to anticipate, and navigate traffic, you are instead using your abilities to take your car, on your racing line, to 10/10ths. It’s also pushing you to take your car, and your line, to 10/10ths on demand, which is very difficult, even for the pros. Those that can do that; win. Those who can’t; improve. It’s as simple as that.

So; I see your point, but I am pointing out the fact that you are missing the point entirely when it comes to skill in these contact-free lobbies. They involve skill, oh yes, but it involves a different type of skill-set.

1 Like

Listen bud… Skill sets??? Calm down a little lol. No collisions is the same “skill set” as hotlapping. Im sure you see that. Im sure everybody sees that. But lets not compare apples to oranges here. Take a paper and draw a line down the middle and list skills that you need for each type. On the No Collisions side it will say “drive fast and stuff.” The list of “skills” needed to get to the front of the pack, ESPECIALLY with sloppy drivers, in a normal race, is substantially longer.

The first person that says to me “Im an awesome no collisions racer” is gonna laugh me right into a casket.

1 Like

“Hey, I’m an awesome hotlapper!”

1 Like