Terrain deformation doesn't work

It was working perfectly in FH4 and now doesn’t work in 5 at all. Here is example of how it works on ultra preset on PC. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p8y9RYeax_5uTjlp8xUR_cIDXSF4Sr6i?usp=sharing

3 Likes

Anyone?

Working on SeriesX
On PC in gfx settings it allows u to choose TerrainDeform quality off/low/high and so on play around with it

1 Like

I have the same problem on PC, AMD Radeon RX6800, in Ultra Preset and with Terrain Deform tested on low and high. Never any deformation.

1 Like

It works only on NV cards, on amd there is no deformation! It’s broken

1 Like

Yup, no terrain deformation on AMD. Using a 5700xt. All I get is tracks, but no channels of sand are created while driving over it. Also, why am I hearing tire screeching over sand when I pull the ebrake?

1 Like

Any news? Devs! Why this is still not in known issues? How many support tickets should be created???

3 Likes

RX 6700 XT … does not work. I have opened a support ticket, but they had no solution. On my Girlfriends Series S no problems.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. RX 6700 XT . Open a ticket but they mark it to solved anyway. Anyone have a solution ?
Played on Win 11 - R5 3600 - 16gb -

My Girlfriend played on Series S without any problems… AMD Hardware …

2 Likes

Same problem rx 580

2 Likes

Noticed the same issue here, no terrain deformation.
Seems a bit odd that it is only happening on AMD cards when all Xbox’s are AMD.
6900xt here all settings set as high as possible.

2 Likes

Yes, on my AMD GPU terrain deformation doesn’t work :frowning:

P.S. my friend have NVIDIA GPU - terrain deformation works on his GPU…

2 Likes

Going to bump this topic and submit a bug report about this. If you’re encountering this issue, consider submitting a bug report as well.

1 Like

I have looked through the tower of text that is the Known issues and I can not find any listing for deformable terrain.
So just from that alone, we can assume that PGG don’t know this is another bug.
Support ticket submitted.

If you are reading this and you have an AMD graphics card please could you check and see if deformable terrain is working for your PC. If not, please submit a support ticket.
Thank you for your help.

At least this issue has now been listed in the known issue list

PC Windows 10/11 & Steam
Performance - Graphics - AMD - Terrain Deformation not functioning(2.2.22)

Have you fixed any bugs yet?