Team V Tuning House - Site update and new releases OUT NOW

Team V Tuning House

Team V Tuning House

Introduction:

A little background info for you all. I’m a 30 year old gamer who loves a good speed fix in my free time (from kite buggying to motorcycle racing) so any motorsports games always get a high playtime from me. Really enjoy trying to better myself so looking for the odd tenth here, or a suspension tweak for another odd tenth there is my cup of tea (sometimes I even find those tenths too!). Always happy to help out if/where I can as well, so feel free to fire me your questions or requests to me on here or Xbox Live where my gamer tag is Hot VVheels (spelt with two "V"s not a “W”).

Just search for my gamertag in the creator name if you would like to download any of my tunes (and maybe follow me for future reference too as my tunes will always show in your recommended tunes when you get a new car if I have one available).

News:

Ring time: I’ve spent some time going back to my roots this week, spending a good bit of time at the Nordschleife testing and building a few new ideas in the process. Expect some new 'ring weapons in the not too distant future as I really enjoyed running some laps there this last couple of days. Be interested to hear some of your favourite 'ring cars as it’s one of those tracks with more of a mix of cars that can do well.

F1 - TCS or not to TCS: So I have always played Forza without any assists on, well except for a bit of ABS in my early Forza days on FM2 until I learnt how much better you can brake without it! Anyway I decided to have a play around with the Lotus E23 after winning it on a prize spin the other day. After my first couple of laps, if you can call them that, made me wonder if I was going to have to break with tradition and stick on some of the assists - after all the F1 boys do in real life. This got me thinking, how many of you guys use TCS and how many don’t? Also is it something you use for every car or just the F1 car or the higher classes?

Thread up date: My old thread was looking a bit of a mess as it was done in a rush whilst at work the other week so I’ve given this thread a major overhaul today. There’s still a few bits to add, a couple more cars to come and I want to go through and add some lap times to each car when I get a chance. Let me know what you think of the new look. =)

Latest releases:

2005 BMW M3 - A-Class Nurburgring Edition
2005 BMW M3 - Nordscheife - 7:30:306 - #279 World times/#158 Europe - A product of my time at the 'ring this week, and what a demon - proper weapons grade fast! Such a lovely planted car to drive, with just a hint of slide to help you steer the rear, but only when you want to otherwise it just grips and rips. Good speed too as I focused on giving it a decent motor for all the power sapping hills, it also sounds the mutts nuts as it pops and cackles on the overrun when braking hard into corners! Set some very quick times in testing (7:20’s but I reckon 7:19’s and under would be possible on a really good lap), with more to come from it once I’ve relearned the track fully as I’ve hardly ran laps there since FM3.

2015 Lotus E23 Formula 1
2015 Lotus E23 F1 car - COTA - 1:44:088 - #97 World times/#49 Europe - So I decided I didn’t want to have to turn the assists on to drive this car as I like a challenge. Oh my, what a challenge it was! Took me two days of tuning and tweaking, and to be honest I think this will be one of those cars that I will continue to tweak as an on going project (so keep an eye out for new versions down the line). Throttle control is definitely needed for this car, and keep it higher in the revs through the corners (especially the tight stuff) instead of short shifting as this really helps avoid that nasty spike of torque and power around 8,000 RPM or so that will spin you out without much warning. Currently running V1.7 (1.6 is basically the same setup just with a 6 speed box). NO STALL IN FIRST GEAR WITH MANUAL W/ CLUTCH FOR RACE STARTS!

2004 Subaru WRX STi - A-Class Tomei Arise
2004 Subaru WRX STi (Tomei Arise) - Lime Rock Park Full Alt - 1:00:073 - #61 World times/#30 Europe - Well this is a bit of history for you, I originally painted this car on FM3 and loved it so much I had to redo it on FM5 with the addition of chrome decals (as I had to use the silver paint instead on FM3 and mask with decals). Sadly I never really got a decent tune together for it on FM5 so it just sat languishing in my garage for most of it. That has all changed now with this tune, having gone back to AWD instead of trying to RWD it (as I don’t really drive AWD ever) it’s ended up one very tight handling Impreza. Perfect for all the tighter tracks as it doesn’t have the top end for the fast tracks (although I’m always happy to be proven wrong) and would be great for the novice/intermediate driver too as it has stacks of grip, AWD traction out of turns - but none of that horrible AWD understeer they are usually known for.

Team V Tuning House

Catalogue:

X-Class

2015 Lotus E23 - So I decided I didn’t want to have to turn the assists on to drive this car as I like a challenge. Oh my, what a challenge it was! Took me two days of tuning and tweaking, and to be honest I think this will be one of those cars that I will continue to tweak as an on going project (so keep an eye out for new versions down the line). Throttle control is definitely needed for this car, and keep it higher in the revs through the corners (especially the tight stuff) instead of short shifting as this really helps avoid that nasty spike of torque and power around 8,000 RPM or so that will spin you out without much warning. Currently running V1.7 (1.6 is basically the same setup just with a 6 speed box). NO STALL IN FIRST GEAR WITH MANUAL W/ CLUTCH FOR RACE STARTS!

P-Class

1991 #18 Mazdaspeed 787B - what a car, we all know it’s reputation - you only have to look at a P-class leaderboard! This tune is a really nice drive, very compliant and holds the road without getting upset by much. Really usable drive out of the corners and very easy to drive consistently fast. Did me rather well in the P-class ghost league a couple of weeks ago.

R-Class

Lola T163

Pagani Zonda

Ultima GTR

Mclaren P1

#3 Corvette

1976 #1 Scuderia Ferrari 312 T2 - more of the above, another leaderboard car I know, but how can you not love it?! Outdrives anything else in R-class, and with the setup it’s running it handles like a true champ - you’ll swear it has traction control fitted with how easy you can get on the gas out of turns. Unreal stopping power too. Not worked on the gearing yet so avoid ovals and any particularly big speed tracks - that said in good hands it was superb around Spa and not too bad at Daytona either (with the chicane - without maybe another matter).

S-Class

Honda RA300

#9 Mercedes E63 AMG

1975 #93 Herve Poulain BMW 3.0 CSL - really love this car, such a nice drive - you can really attack corners like you mean it! Good speed and acceleration on the straights and typical Team V usable handling and drive out the turns. Great hopper/lobby car and leaderboard car alike, I expect to be setting some pretty decent times in this when I get around to running some hot laps. Credit to LooneyTuned for the paint.

1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta - had a lot of fun in this car over the first couple of weeks of the game, it has some pretty reasonable poke under the cover too - and that Ferrari V8 really sings as well =). Handling is great, had a lot of good races with some rather quick guys in it, but it’s not yet perfect and I’ll be going back to update this one shortly I think. Watch this space for V2.0

1992 Honda NSX-R - very similar to the F355 above, really nice to drive, can be very committed to corners and it will reward you with a lovely planted feeling. Potentially needs an update for my perfectionism lol, but still a great car anyway. Goes well round the Nordschliefe.

A-Class

2005 BMW M3 Nurb Edition

1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

2005 Honda NSX-R

2004 Subaru WRX STi - Well this is a bit of history for you, I originally painted this car on FM3 and loved it so much I had to redo it on FM5 with the addition of chrome decals (as I had to use the silver paint instead on FM3 and mask with decals). Sadly I never really got a decent tune together for it on FM5 so it just sat languishing in my garage for most of it. That has all changed now with this tune, having gone back to AWD instead of trying to RWD it (as I don’t really drive AWD ever) it’s ended up one very tight handling Impreza. Perfect for all the tighter tracks as it doesn’t have the top end for the fast tracks (although I’m always happy to be proven wrong) and would be great for the novice/intermediate driver too as it has stacks of grip, AWD traction out of turns - but none of that horrible AWD understeer they are usually known for.

1997 Nissan Skyline

1971 Plymouth GTX - Really drivable setup, don’t let the 5.3 handling stat fool you, this thing corners really rather well and with over 700 ponies under the bonnet it certainly doesn’t mind the straight sections either. Great all rounder for the league, but also a good car for A-class in general especially at some of the faster tracks like Watkins Glen etc.

2011 BMW 1M - Short tracks and corners are where this car excels, relatively good speed too for having a full aero kit fitted (although not running full downforce). Very easy to drive, very grippy. Credit to FiremanDan555 for the paint.

2013 Toyota GT86 - One of the first cars I spent any serious time tuning on Forza 6, really nice setup that goes very well at Monza. Great speed with decent handling means it will do all the fast tracks like Daytona, Indy and Spa rather well. One point worth making though is the brake setup is more to the rear than the front on this so it feels like it takes a bit longer to bite the brakes initially, but you can trail brake really easily right up to the apex (this is currently the only shared setup I have like this, but will be trying similar on a few of my others when I get round to it). Tomei Arise design available too - please see C-Class entry for picture.

2014 BAC Mono - loved this car, had a superb time racing it in the track toy league a couple of weeks ago. Obviously everyone else is too as I have had loads of people driving both versions I’ve put up. V2 has slightly longer gearing and marginally better top speed, but they both drive really well.

2012 Lotus Exige S - another setup I made for the league, ran really well on the faster tracks as it handles almost as well as my BAC setups, but goes at least 20mph faster on the straights. Acceleration is not the best till you get going though as it only has the stock gearbox so no gear tuning was available. May well rebuild with an adjustable box for normal A-Class hopper use if it makes it better, maybe.

B-Class

1998 Toyota Supra RZ - I actually just threw this together for career initially, but needed a B-Class car in a rush for some racing with mates the other night. Was rather impressed with it in the end so made a few tweaks to it and here it is. Probably not the greatest LB car or what not, but loads of grip and still a good B-Class car. Handles Rio pretty well too. (And yes I know I’ve got the brakes locked up in the photo, but it made for a cool picture as you can see the rims nicely). Credit to New Da Don for the paint.

C-Class

2013 Toyota GT86 - hell of a car, very fast but great handling too. Built for C-Class ghost league last week which it was generally wiping the floor with, capable of some quick times so should make a great LB car as well as for online racing. Put in Top 50/100 times at a few tracks in a couple of races last week so really looking forward to properly hot lapping in this car at some point. Design also available (blue version available on the 2013 Subaru BRZ as well).

1973 BMW 2002 Turbo - awesome fun to drive, not great on the top end front, but more than makes up for it in the corners. Set some good times in this classic in the ghost league last week round some of the smaller tracks like Brands Indy and Lime Rock Park.

That’s all for now folks, see you out on track.

Hot VVheels

Team V Tuning House

Wow that GTX is awesome! One of my new favorite cars. Thanks!

1 Like

No worries dude, anytime =)

It’s a great car isn’t it. Chose it because it reminded me a lot of one of the cars from the original Driver game (same reason I chose the off yellow colour for my car). Should’ve left the bonnet bulge off for accuracy though but hey, it looks good on there.

I’m pretty new to Forza…been racing a week or so and this is the first time on these forums. I’d like to try out your GTX…my dad owned one. How do I get it?

It’s fairly easy in forza 6 actually. If you pick your GTX after you’ve bought one and go to “get tunes” you can search for my gamer tag Hot VVheels (two v’s not a w) although I’m pretty sure I also put team v in the description.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on. =)

Just updated the OP with new releases and a better layout. There are a few bits I’ve missed out, but I’ve finished work now and need to get home so I can actually play some Forza tonight =)

Will finish off posting lap times and the other last few bits/descriptions tomorrow.

In the mean time enjoy some of the new setups, loving that M3 myself at the moment for the noise it makes and the way it drives, although the R33 GTR is a close second just for the noise that thing makes on full chat WOT round the 'ring!