[survey] How many hours do you spend in FH5?

IMO the game is decently built on a weak foundation–it’s simply not fun to drive or drift at the moment. I played the Trial, led my team to victory first try in the first 2 races, and quit. Could have posted the Eclipse build I used but for how fun it wasn’t I can’t be bothered to polish the tune.

Edit: Jezza’s weekly rivals kept me going enough to adjust to the new controller steering/physics this patch. I can still sense the f/r spring balance… so I can still enjoy the game. If ever the steering/physics are so glossed over that all nuance is lost, which I was afraid they were, or at least that tuning is no longer entertaining, I will say flatly it is not fun. It’s ok… not as fun as last patch but ok.

Yup, me too.

Same here. There’s something. The bugs haven’t overly affected me outside of the Eliminator. The upgrades menu is a bit of a pain because I want to see on the main display how the PI is affected each time I alter something, not within the various components (old PI vs. new PI side-by-side would be helpful).

I’m just starting to go for engine builds (i.e., building engines to X hp) rather than PI ones.

I may be wrong, but cars feel faster in free roam than they do in races.

The amount of time I spend in the game varies, but probably never matches the sustained sessions I’ve done and still sort of do in FH4. Half the time a single lap of the Goliath is enough of FH5 and I’m done with it.

and

I may only have started the franchise with FH4, but I predicted that as I was getting a bit bored with that game, I was likely to rapidly have similar issues with this one, and that’s sort of what’s happened.

That’s kind of what I was doing in Horizon 4, and it’s spilt over into Horizon 5. Right now, it’s engine builds, but I also do extended circuit races to get a feel for the tracks; and then eventually, I’ll think of something else to do.

There are still some things I mostly haven’t done (e.g. stories), but it’s stuff I don’t care about because of its level of annoying (e.g. stories).

But overall, I suspect that the primary issue is the time I’ve spent on FH4 only to find FH5 isn’t really that different and the novelty of the franchise has long dissipated.

Today, for example, I spent a lot of time in Horizon 4. So far, I haven’t spent a minute in Horizon 5. Perhaps later.

That’s a great point, and matches my own experience with racing games. Like you said, the nature of car-related hobbies generally comes down to a very simple loop of driving cars on roads. On the surface FH5 does this very well, but like you said there’s something else missing, and I think you nailed it with your two points.

With regard to #1, I think the problem with Forza right now is that there’s too many cars. It’s a quality vs quantity thing, Forza has an enormous quantity of cars, but as a result the quality of many of those cars is seriously lacking such that a lot of the cars feel pretty much the same and don’t have the little details or customization options that could really make them stand out from each other. It also doesn’t help that 99% of the cars are the same from previous games, and a lot of the “new” cars are just rehashed old ones (with their same buggy models and handling for the most part).

For #2, I think there’s two major problems in FH5, and I don’t think the map is really the issue. Sure, there’s plenty of room for improvement in the map, but IMHO the real problem for opportunities to enjoy vehicles comes down to a serious lack of enjoyable events (between the AI issues and missing/broken multiplayer modes and rampant leaderboard cheating all we’ve really got is freeroam and photo mode), and also the excessive number of locked “exclusive” vehicles. If it’s a huge pain to actually get a significant number of the cars, then it’s hard to have opportunities to enjoy them.

Since mid January after I deleted the game from my Xbox 0 hours played took a look at new cars and still Have no desire to play perhaps when the new dlc comes if they have fixed most bugs I might come back.

1 Like

Not as many as I should be if the 4 previous games are anything to go by. I rarely have a session over 2 hours.

2 Likes

Forza Horizon 5 isnt fun. Period. As simple as that. Trying to enjoy a game with so many badly designed gameplay mechanics is just feel like a job instead of entertainment. I dont really care about the bugs anymore (there arent so many anyways, the main problem is the gameplay itself), but as a racing game, FH5 is one of the worst games ive ever played in twenty years lol. It feels great when driving in cabin view, but more than that… talking about racing… the game is a pure joke. And it keeps getting worst every update. At this point im 200% sure the teams are doing everything they can to make people play less and less, as a strategy to close the servers and minimize loses in all fronts. It sounds dumb, but at this point i dont see any other explanation.

So, right now, lucky me if i waste more than 30 minutes - 1 hour top every day in the game. I have other games i enjoy way more, even if they are way “worst” games than FH5. Sad, but its the reality. When i come from work, i want to relax, and sadly FH5 isnt providing me that anymore, since almost day 1 of the release.

1 Like

I guess i am one of few who did not like FH4 that much. I remember that after 60 hours i was wondering, if this was all the game had to offer. With the two expansions i have probably more than doubled my play time, but i was going back to FM7 much more than playing FH4.

In FH5 i have done 220 hours before the first expansion, maybe half of that time was spend in rivals, which i did not play in FH4, as FM7 was just vastly superior for serious racing, so i played that instead.

Now im at a point where i start FH5 just to put it off after a couple of minutes, because, even though i would like to play, i don’t know what to do. It is time for the expansion to be released, because other than Jezza´s rivals challenge, the game has nothing to offer anymore.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. There’s nothing to do outside of Jezzas weekly rivals.

1 Like

I bailed sometime before Christmas.
I keep checking back to see if the game has improved. It has not.

I will probably switch back to a PS5 for my next console. I switched to Xbox only for FH4.

3 Likes

there was a thread similar to this, but for me one hour in the pat 2 weeks

1 Like

I played over 360 hours since launch. Racing is my favourite genre and I do enjoy my time with FH5.

Of course I got mad because of some bugs here and there. And somehow I expected a better looking 3d model of the cockpits. You can clearly see that some cars are from another console era (which is a shame as it prevents me from enjoying the game in cockpit view with my wheel setup)…

I’m not too much of an online type of player so I don’t mind if such and such online mode is not working properly and all that as long as I can complete the weekly list to get all tha cars. Because that’s what matters to me, I play to collect all of the cars in the game (which I did about 3 weeks after launch and kept as such with each update.)

Despite all the problems I do enjoy having such a huge list of cars although I would appreciate to get newer cars and a bit more different ones than what we had in the previous games. The game looks gorgeous on my series X and I just enjoy driving around with each car. The engine sounds are pretty good for the most part.

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I really enjoy the game even though I spend less time on it and most likely will spend even less with GT7 around the corner and the next gen update for ACC. :sweat_smile:

FH 5 has a lot of potential but they need to step it up and release more cars and the first DLC!