Summer #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and Rewards through December 26

SUMMER | SERIES 17

Starts December 19 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the first season of Series 17.

Next change: December 26 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific

Note: The Eliminator is not used for Festival Playlist completion; the Toyota Supra is available from the Autoshow; the Supra is also available from the Eliminator tier rewards along with the Renault R26.R and Mecury Cougar Eliminator - see the full Series 17 and Eliminator overview in the Forza Monthly December VOD.

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP

• Free Car: 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana Ford Focus RS RX
    (Rotating cars daily in December ) - see Advent Calendar / Horizon Holiday Party
  • Clothing: Reindeer Antlers (annual item)
  • Clothing: Snow Boots
  • Clothing: Santa’s Running Shorts (annual item)
    Wheelspins cost 50 & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS

• 50% Summer Completion: 2017 Maserati Levante S (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 80% Summer Completion: “Happy Holidays!” Quickchat
  • 50% Series 17 Completion: 2017 Alpine A110 (newly released Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series 17 Completion: 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge.

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.

• Own and drive the 1965 MINI Cooper S
  • Win 2 Dirt Racing Series events in your MINI Cooper
  • Win 2 Road Racing Series events in your MINI Cooper
  • Earn a total of 75,000 Skill Score in your MINI Cooper

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day. See Skills list.

• Earn 4 stars in total from Speed Traps
  • Earn 3 stars at any Danger Sign
  • Complete a Dirt Trail event
  • Win 2 Drag Strip events
  • Earn 2 Air Skills
  • Earn 1 Wrecking Ball Skill
  • Earn 1 Awesome Near Miss Skill

SEASONAL EVENTS

Championship Rewards include the named item for placing 1st against Highly Skilled Drivatars, plus additional CR rewards.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: “The B-Team” | Cross Country | (B700) 1980s

• Reward: Renault 5 Turbo FE (previously available Exclusive model)

Showcase Remix: “Nine & Three Quarters”

• Reward: Super Wheelspin

Seasonal Playground Games | Mortimer Gardens | (D500) Vans and Utility

• Reward: Quack! Wellies clothing

PR Stunt: The Great Ridge Danger Sign | 915.4 feet

PR Stunt: Bamburgh Dunes Speed Trap | 225.0 mph

PR Stunt: Oldweir Speed Zone | 150.0 mph

Championship: “Old School Cool” | Road Racing | (S1 900) Retro Supercars

• Reward: 1953 Maserati A6GCS/53 PininFarina Berlinetta (2,000,00 CR value)

Championship: “Millennial Cup” | Dirt Racing | (S1 900) 2000s

• Reward: 1992 Bugatti EB110 Super Sport (1,700,000 CR value)

Championship: “Last Chance Saloon” | Road Racing | (A800) Super Saloons

• Reward: Alfa Romeo Giulia FE (previously available Exclusive model)

Monthly Events

• Monthly Rivals: Ford RS200 at Railyard Cross Country Circuit
  • Online Adventure
    Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I may not be as prolific of a poster as ClawedScroll, but his weekly contributions have tended to help me out in choosing what cars to use. I’m also not at his skill level (I’m finally racing on Unbeatable now, for one thing), but I feel like paying it forward a bit. I’ve not had a chance to do the Trial or PG yet, but I’ve done the three Championships.

Old School Cool:
Car used: 1987 Porsche 959 (obtainable from the AutoShow, 400,000 Cr)
Tune used: “Perfect” by SwaY Horizon696

I did struggle a bit because the races were a bit rainy and I was still getting used to driving against Unbeatable Drivatars on the regular. My races were close, but the car drove well.

Millennial Cup:
Car Used: 2005 Vauxhall Monaro (obtainable from the AutoShow, 25,000 Cr)
Tune used: “S16 Spring Trial”, by ClawedScroll 554
I remembered this being a good handling car when I used it for the Trial that ClawedScroll had tuned it for, and gave it a go in this championship. Had no problem winning all three races.

Last Chance Saloon:
Car Used: 2015 Jaguar XE-S (obtainable from the AutoShow, 57,000 Cr)
Tune Used: “Championship”, by J N F 2009 “Easy Seasonal”, by RVRxNepTuneYT
This one gave me issues. I started by trying to use the Audi RS7, but I couldn’t get a tune that both handled well and had any speed to it. So I tried the Jag and didn’t have as much of an issue. Did think I was going to blow it on the Derwent Water Sprint because I don’t think it had as high of a speed as my opponents, but it took corners much better than them.

I forgot to write down the exact tunes, but I used the Koenigsegg CCGT with an X-Class tune(grab it from the Advent Calendar. You won’t regret it when you throw a good tune on it) for the Bamburgh Dunes Speed Trap and Oldweir Speed Zone, and the Jeep TrailCat with an S1 tune for the Great Ridge Danger Sign. It is a MASSIVE pain trying to line that jump up, so do not be afraid to rewind and try again. I may come back after I do the Trial and PG this weekend and add my 2 cents on how I did on those.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Levante, the A110S, and the EB110s as I don’t own these cars.

It’s not exactly the same as ClawedScroll554’s Tips & Miscellany guide but if there are no immediate volunteers, I’d recommend players give the YouTube videos by waznewz a try. I follow nine very experienced players, some of whom no longer post videos, and waznewz has emerged the best of these. He does individual videos for each of the items of the playlist, gives helpful comments and tips, recommends vehicles and shares the tunes. To date I’ve never lost an event (excluding multiplayer) using his recommendations.

My only slight reservation is that waznewz can be a bit blunt when he thinks a seasonal event isn’t designed to be used with the required vehicle e.g. S2 class.

2 Likes

He’s a bit blunt generally when I’ve watched them. Pulls no punches about the quality of his teammates in the trial generally. Quite entertaining!

Oh, very happy that Eliminator is not part of the playlist!

1 Like

No new cars this week so far as I can tell? Probably sensible with Christmas holidays meaning people will be away.

1 Like

There should be new cars as they have done it for week-ends. The next two weeks are a week-end of two weeks.

Not sure why I cannot buy this 1965 Mini Cooper S on the summer objective? Not in the autoshow and none for sale in auctions…

Mini Cooper S de 1965 is car Barnfind event (free)

Note that the Trial is not pure cross country this week. It’s one cross country, one road and one dirt. The cross country event is significantly harder than the other two so don’t get discouraged if your team loses that. I used a Lancia 037 but I wouldn’t recommend the tune.

It’s a barn find. Make sure you’ve found it and picked it up after having it restored.

If there are none in the Auction House, it’s because some AH warlords have bought them all hoping they’ll make a profit on behalf of those with no Mini 65.

Happened with the FH2 Huracan before.

3 Likes

AH warlords! HAHAHAHAHA I love it

Hi,

Followed up on the above recommendation (from user msb247) for youtube channel/forza player - Waznewz. The channel is worth a look if such videos entertain you (game play with commentary)

Checked out the tune as recommended by Waznewz for this weeks trial - VW Golf - and it is very good, worth a download/try. I normally make my own tunes, however the video he put up made me want to give it a go. I was skeptical at first, fast (real fast for B) usually means handles like a brick, but not so in this case, even only running street tires!

100% recommend.

Their videos also made it so I picked the correct car for the games! The video as up loaded on this weeks games was entertaining, but for poor Waznewz not s great time.

My tune for this weeks games is uploaded, if anyone is interested, GT = user name here. 1965 Morris Mini Traveller “D500 games dirt”.

Cheers
Troy

Heh I just ran the trial 4 times and won 12 in a row with my 1980 fiat 124 tune ‘trial rally boss’ I have 10 versions of this car and gave my b rally tune a shot on a whim as a random entry. What a cutie :slight_smile:

Drunken Gator said “it can be a massive pain lining up the great ridge danger sign” -
My tip here is don’t try to follow the road approaching the climb as it has a turn in it at the bottom.
I take a offroad like the Toyota Baja truck … straight approach smashing through wall at bottom … boom first time
It is a blind approach …practice/experience will get you on the right line on the climb.

For the millennial cup I used a 2005 Ford GT (AWD) -my tune - comfortable win …was blasting past most of the field on launch so all races were comfortable

The B Team trial a B700 Audi quattro - my tune … a first and 2 seconds … comfortable trial win … 5 out of our 6 team cars were Audi quattros all placed well

Did the rivals & speed trap/zone (Speed ones are easy - used a 599XX evolution)
That’s all I had a chance to do last night

Seems a good choice and the tune/upgrade by Pappa Joe 23112 works well. Blasted past all the drivatars - a bit too easy which I didn’t mind one bit.