Sulcata Photographics | Lamborghini Sian | 19th April

Love the IRL shots! What’s your setup? I use a Nikon D5100 and an old Nikon DX 18-140mm lens, and while it’s certainly not bad, I feel like your closeups have more depth than what I’ve been able to achieve. Also, what do you edit with?

Big fan of the steering wheel shot! Also how big are your feet/how small is your dog?!?!

Jumping in here to offer some help, this really depends on your f stop. I’m assuming based on the focal range that your lense is an f/4.5-5.5 (or around there). Sulcata’s looks like 50 f/1.4 for the steering wheel, maybe an 85 f/1.4 for the shoe and bugs (if it’s not a 50). Been trying to get better at guessing focal lengths lately

Also interested in your setup.

Stunning!

Time for a little revival! I’ll be repurposing the thread to encompass all of my Forzatography best-bits over the past many years from Forza Motorsport 4, all the way through to Forza Horizon 5 so there will be a fair few updates coming!

An FH5 shot to start off.

1 Like

Some scenic shots for the first set.

4 Likes

I love these!
I didn’t realise forza had so many scenic shot oppertunities

1 Like

Thank you!

I’ve never really paid attention to capturing scenic shots on Forza before, though I’d highly recommend it as there are opportunities for scenics everywhere.

1 Like

I’ll create some banners for these sets sometime soon with a set list in the OP.

This set is about using reflections and light to cast colour onto the car.

3 Likes

Man I love seeing these shots!!! Honestly still blows me away your work! I was always completely in awe of art of this quality.

To me the artwork I see from different artists is just that, work by them. Unless I need to refer to another artist to compare or contrast. Then I would list work done in the same manner.

But your work is uniquely yours and I see the same quality I always have seen in it.

Just looking through this thread has made me want to go do more macros… man this still blows me away!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the incredibly kind words BV! It means a lot to read what you’ve just written and keeps me motivated to keep coming back to the photo-mode, even after lengthy breaks.

With the macros, there’s nothing i love more than taking them as you can achieve so much expression with them so please do! I’d love to see more people taking macros. A good location for them on FH5 is at the dam on the Rally DLC as it provides the perfect lighting for macros or “showcase” shots.

Here’s a few of the Lamborghini Sian Roadster from that location. I have also tried to fix the broken photo from the previous set but it appears the forums don’t like that photo. you can still see it though if you click the photo.

3 Likes

These are amazing shots! I love them all.

Yea sometimes the forums do like a photo when you upload them but sometimes it just take removing the photo and reloading it again and it will pop up.

The DLC really did bring in a lot of better lighting and like dust and dirt have been improved for photos, I love taking photos on the DLC so much now, its where I spend all my time.