Suggestion upon closure of Forza street

As we are all most likely aware, Forza street is set to close this spring, and although the mobile game never really hit a huge popularity point, the game was fun to play, and brought new and exciting features to a game people wouldn’t have even thought of.

My suggestion here is, for Forza horizon 5, when the game does close can the players who played get a “street edition” car? Like the “opi edition” but based on Forza street.

I think this would be a great commemoration to not only the game, but also the players and developers that stuck with it.

Anyone who has played it may be aware of the feature that prompts you to connect your Xbox live account, which was great for keeping progress.
It would be easy to give eligible players the car as they would have their Xbox account linked.

The car in question would be a car that has some sort of meaning to the game (i.e. a boss car, or the starter car). And would have a special livery on it with all the car class logos, and all the story line bosses.

All just a suggestion ofcourse. But I think Forza street deserves some sort of commemoration.

No thanks on the car going to Forza Street players. This penalizes completionists who have paid (either for the game itself or via subscription) just because they didn’t play a free version. Maybe offering a car to all with a livery would be seen as acceptable to more players. But a car they cannot earn because they cannot go back in time and play a game that expired isn’t the answer.

The OPI, Ford De Luxe, and other special cars are at least obtainable to almost everyone (even if it would require spending some money for a non-Forza product or buying Car Pass).

The problem with that is, the ford deluxe coupe is the controller car, the controller in question is limited edition meaning at some point there won’t be any codes for completionists.

If they’re happy to lock a Forza edition behind a pricey merch paywall, I’m sure they’d be happy to lock a special edition car to players of a game of theirs that they offered to everyone for free for 2-3 years.

But the car was offered at the same time as the controller. Snooze you lose. There is a difference.

Well that supports my point. If any players played within the several years of Forza street, they’d get the car gifted, without having to go through a paywall. You’re talking about completionists complaining about it and then saying “snooze you loose” to paying for a limited edition controller for a car.

I think players would be much more accepting of the Forza street car than the ford coupe FE.

You aren’t getting it. People today can still get a discs controller and code. They cannot go back in time and play DS. It penalized people for deleting they didn’t do before the car was offered.

Maybe a better option is a shirt. Fewer people are completionists when it comes to clothing. And you didn’t pay to play Forza Street anyway, so a piece of clothing is more commensurate with the amount of money you spent as all of the current exclusives are in some way tied to something you actually paid for.

1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

I actually prefer this idea. A short or something would be perfect for it. And yeah I understand your point when talking about the difference between the controller code and the game. Like you also previously said, if they were to do a car, they would be better off doing the livery and gifting it to everyone. That would be a lot more suitable.