Suggestion - "never won an Open race" matchmaking

Given the tendency of Open racing to be filled with people who, unlike me, are quite good at playing the game, the week’s Open requirement to win a race is a very difficult proposition for me. I know I am not alone.

Is it not possible to automatically match people who have never won a race in Open? As soon as one race is won, that’s it, that account goes into normal matchmaking. That way there’s still competition, it still takes time, it only happens once and crucially it gives bad players like me a chance at actually achieving such tasks.

Smurfs might be an issue but given there’s only one win needed for a new account to be made I suspect that’s enough to put most off.

1 Like

I haven’t attempted this. But there was a recommendation in the other thread to take the Ford Raptor into cross country at 800PI. Apparently some people are swapping wins with each other.

There’s no facility in FH5 to select drivers at your level AFAIK unless you want to ask yourself here or in clubs and the like.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is probably going to come down to being in a “friendly” lobby, where people are happy to share wins. Another good lobby is X Country B Class with a Ford 450.

2 Likes

I think this is a decent suggestion. I have wins but was a happy recipient of a gift (from a non Ford driver) to get the challenge done.

1 Like

I mean that it should be implemented during matchmaking, the “knowledge” is available to the game so there’s definitely a possibility that such a check could be put there.

The game often says to me a friend is in an Open Race do you want to join them in that race or start another race?

So there must be a way to join friends, but I never take the option, because I don’t want to bump people that I know, and in Open Racing it is hard not to bump people.

1 Like

Good suggestion. This could be the first time since the game started that I fail to achieve 100% playlist completion because of this event.

2 Likes

There’s always one person in an OP tuned Ford, playing seemingly for hours. Nobody wins in these lobbies except this one person. How am I meant to finish this challenge? What’s with these people who just keep going for so long?

2 Likes

They added a leaderboard where the more you play the higher up the ladder you go. This is the result.

1 Like

I like this idea. For many reasons it seems reasonable to help people get up to speed and hopefully build a level of competitiveness in ann environment that isn’t as immediately off putting as it seems it can be.

Hopefully this weeks challenge sees more people thinking “I can do this and win” though. But this would have helped them a bunch.

1 Like

Easy fix - or at least to suggest.
Just make 3 different racing ability categories.
Just like the difficulty level, but apply the same principle to the challenge races.

That would be a blast.
You could start in the beginner, and then have something to work towards to the intermediate, and then the final achievement of Advanced.

Of course - you will always have the party crashers who will level down to dominate the races - but I still think that would be a great fix - and something to strive to achieve that would be a good feeling of accomplishment.

3 Likes

The solution is a proper matchmaking system

3 Likes

Based upon what measurable metric is the game supposed to auto calculate and determine your skill level as a driver to categorize you in the match making system?

The broken - hacked to death leader boards?- yeah - maybe, if they ever correct them.
I could see that . . yeah, not really, but one can hope . . .

1 Like

Based on your win loss ratio in online racing?!!

3 Likes

Maybe weight and torque penalties for people winning too much in the casual lobbies. :smile::snowflake:

1 Like

I think I would prefer to just leave it up to the player to decide which race difficulty they would feel comfortable racing.
Leaving that decision up to the game program - I just don’t see that as a winning concept.
I can just visualize all of the possible problems when a person who has worked hard to advance to whatever the next matchmaking level may be, to only be stuck in the one he is currently racing . . .and can’t do anything to advance. A frustration I would prefer to avoid.

1 Like

The problem with that and multiplayer content is if you allow players to determine their skill level and effectively who they are matched against then you’re allowing highly skilled players to match against new and less skilled players who may be trying to race against other equally skilled players. Nice thought but practically no game does it as you suggest.

3 Likes

Update: I managed a win in B Class Dirt with the F140 Truck. First event on had 4 people in.

Phew!!

4 Likes

Well, I guess that is the big quandary then.

Do I trust and allow a program to make the decisions for me with no input as to what it decides?
Do I trust the human conscience to make the right decision to race with their own skill level?

Both sides have their faults.

For me, I still choose human decision, because “I” am the one in control of the race difficulty I decided upon. .

1 Like

It sounds like this is the first ever game you’ve played. Welcome to gaming!

1 Like