Stuttering after switching from HDD to SSD

Hi there!
Downloaded fh5 like 2 days ago, but i first did it on my HDD. I had the problems with slowly loading map, car stopping for no reason and sometimes (rarely) the car engine sounds not loading at all, so i switched to my SSD. After doing that the problems gone but other one appeared, my game started terribly stuttering, even on the lowest settings. Even on the lowest possible settings the stutter count is 62 and delay 54. On HDD i guess it was less visible cause it not catched my eye.

My pc specs is:
1050 ti
i5-4590
16GB ram
SSD Samsung EVO 860 250GB
HDD WDC WD5000AAKX

It’s quite sad cause on the same rig i was running fh4 on almost ultra settings with 60 fps dropping to 50. Any ideas?

1 Like

My gf has been having the same issue, first on HDD, it had load issues. Now on an evo 970, stutters are constantly popping up. Fps is constantly well above 60 but stutters are happening every 10 seconds or so.
Her specs are:
Intel i7 7700
GTX 1080
16 GB ram
Samsung Evo 970 M.2.

2 Likes

Having similar issues on SSD, read somewhere that when on SSD game tries to stream higher res textures probably not well optimised for certain CPU/SSD combination that are on PCIe 3 and that is why game is stuttering every 10 seconds probably due to this issue.

Try going Horizon Solo, those stutters might be network related, you think it’s still storage related, but maybe SSD solved those, but now network related stepped in. Depends on what kind of stutters u get.

Your specs are just scraping into the minimum requirements, that might be part of the problem. Can I ask if you are capping your framerate or running unlimited? If the latter, try the former, ie. 60fps vsync.

Personally I think this is coincidence and the real issue is the network. If you notice the time frame of these HDD posts, a few days ago the network was down nearly constantly. Now it’s up most of the time. For me the microstutter goes away in solo. Can you try that and see if it goes away? I’m curious if their are multiple stutter issues or if it’s just the network and it just appears to be other causes.

The OP ran the benchmark to get the stutter count and latency I believe, which won’t be affected by network issues obviously.

1 Like

stutter can have so many causes, and the op"s pc is not the fastest.

I stutter too on a 5800x / 3080ti

Its not network related in Benchmark I get around 120 stutters on SSD and 0 or 1 stutter on HDD !!!

What SSD do you have, mate?

I get zero on SSD. There is probably something else causing those issues.

For reference, I’m using Windows 10, which is installed on an ageing Samsung 840 Pro 256GB. The game is installed on a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB. Microsoft Store version, not Steam.

No stutter here.
Set in task manager under DETAILS tab to REALTIME for FH5 (every time you load the game bla.) and in NV control panel disable Gsync, run FAST Vsync, Ultra low latency, background apps to 20 FPS, Run 144 hz in NV control panel.
In Windows, Game mode off , HAGS on and run inside the game 72 fps with vsync on, remain off line in horizon solo. Stutter free with this.
i7700k
Win 10
2080ti

Cheers,
Your Mileage may vary. Be sure to spread the news if it works for you. Still daylight LOL!!
ENJOY!!

PACO572

I have the same issue - even bought a new ssd for the game, but it just stutters on either of my ssds, and works fine on hdd, but with slow loading

In some cases i also heard that 3rd party antivirus or security products might give problems, because it scans files during texture streaming (realtime protection stuff), so even on a SSD it would make problems.

Tried on 970 pro and 860 evo stutters like hell even with latest update , on HDD I get 6 stutters opened another ticket maybe it gets fixed, I have everything on extreme on a RTX 3090, fps do not even go under 60 FPS, my CPU might be a bit of a bottleneck a 6700K OC to 4.5 ghz but still it looks more of a streaming bug issue on extreme settings

Same issue here.
On 4tb hdd works fine and the game is smooth.
If I start the game from ssd the game has frequent stutters, like every few seconds.

Specs;
4790k@4.8ghz
rtx 2080 super
970 Evo plus 1tb

Hey guys, have you solved the issue? Yesterday I moved the game from a HDD to a Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD I just bought and it’s happening the same! The game was buttery smooth in the HDD and now stutters like hell, sometimes I even get controller input lag and the CPU is spiking like crazy. I’m so upset to be honest…

My rig is:
i5 6600k - 4.0 GHz OC
GTX 1060 6Gb
16 Gb ram

Thanks!

Hi, have you solved the issue? Yesterday I moved the game from a HDD to a Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD I just bought and it’s happening the same! The game was buttery smooth in the HDD and now stutters like hell, sometimes I even get controller input lag and the CPU is spiking like crazy. I’m so upset to be honest…

My rig is:
i5 6600k - 4.0 GHz OC
GTX 1060 6Gb
16 Gb ram

Thanks!

running from regular ssd 500/500mb no stuttering, same goes for hdd, its just loads slower
could be your page file try this Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) | Wagnardsoft
if it doesnt work clean drivers Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) | Wagnardsoft and reinstall