Stressed out

Yeah as long as your team wins you get the car, unlike that Rip Rod event…

As I mentioned above, this will be by far the EASIEST seasonal PvP event to win.

If you want it to be even easier and to play “cheap” and be a “camper” you can just select a Jeep Willy (since the event is limited to offroad) and sit between the train cars in the center of the map or the north east portion of the map there is a similar pair of train cars with a tight gap, there is also a slightly larger gap between the train car and the wall of the warehouse near the center of the map. So only another Jeep Willy (and I think maybe a Jeep CJ5, too) can get in between the train cars, so if your opponents don’t have one they will never be able to get your crown or infect you and most of them will sit there trying to ram their 7.5 foot wide Ford Raptor into a 6 foot wide gap all game long. Not sure if this is considered cheating (you don’t exploit a glitch or anything and everyone has the same opportunity to use this tactic… these are the Games Adventure equivalent to Wallriding, Ramming, and Corner Bombing in racing adventures), this method is definitely frowned upon in the Ranked Games community, so to avoid getting taken advantage of my Ranked Adventure convoy team always ensures that at least one team member has a “small” car if a match is at Railyard to prevent other teams from being able to use this “tactic.” There is also a similar gap at the Bamburgh Castle that only extra small vehicles can access, so we always designate a team member to bring a small car there as well just in case. Maybe if RetroKrystal or another developer could comment on if this is considered cheating we can all report people that use these methods to their advantage, or at least if they say this is okay to do, we can all assume that someone will use these methods and prepare accordingly by tuning and bringing appropriate vehicles to address the situation. I have already submitted a ticket with screenshots of every location that people in the Games community feel are “cheap” (there are many gaps, and roofs or ledges that can be jumped to) asking for clarification if these tactics are okay and need to be planned for, or if we should start screenshotting and reporting players that use these spots… no response as of yet, so my team and I will continue to bring vehicles to combat these methods until we hear that we should be reporting players hiding in these spots (which would be hundreds of people). I would suggest you all tune and bring a Jeep Willy or Jeep Wrangler CJ5, as I am certain people that know of these spots will utilize them in these events.

Here is the Gap at the Castle:

2 Likes

I too would like to know what the developers think of these so called “tactics.” Did they intentionally put these types of “hiding spots” in the maps? Are they going to put immovable objects to block these spots so people can’t use them? As the poster mentions, this forces my team to HAVE to bring a small vehicles to maps where they can hide, or risk not being able to pursue opponents into these spots. I would much rather run around and juke opponents myself, but I guess if people want every advantage they can get… when in Rome do as the Romans do?..

1 Like

Unlike the Rip Rod at least, the Lotus 2 Eleven is regularly available and pretty cheap on the AH despite being a wheelspin-only car.

If only anyone would sell me a 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS… I’ve never seen one at auction.

I’ll check, I might have more than one. I’ve definitely sold more than one in the AH

Yeah, I think the issue there is that very few people are likely to have more than one of them, since those were sold early in the game before players had a chance to bank lots of Forzathon points and buy multiples. Hopefully they’ll re-release it soon (along with the Ferrari 812 Superfast, please and thanks)!

Sucks what they have done. I avoid types of games like this for a reason. This Horizon has really strayed away from what made it enjoyable.

3 Likes

Man, is that not the truth. I had been really looking forward towards retirement so that I could put way more time into playing Forza games. But with what they have done to this installment, I am 2 weeks away and now looking into other things to do with my time. Way to go Turn 10/Playground.

3 Likes

You are definitely not alone with this opinion. I did not buy this game to play dress up dolly, Halo, or Fortnite, but it looks like quite a few around here did.

1 Like