Strange issue when using wheel (458 spider) and controller (button layout remapped)

Hi there,

I have been looking on google for this but couldn’t find any related.

I got a Thrustmaster 458 Spider for a very low price and i’m planning getting a serious wheel, if I got some money again:) I really enjoy driving with the wheel, but unfortunately this wheel quality sucks. After 2-3 weeks using it, the D-Pad button suddenly fell of the wheel while racing. Okay I thought, just put it in and okay. Now I got the problem that the right direction from D-Pad doesn’t work at all, so I have to switch on a controller for tuning or just navigating the menu. Okay, no problem, if I can race that way.

BUT, when I switch on a controller and go to race (pressing ‘a’ on wheel to ensure my wheel will steer the car) all buttons on that wheel are remapped. Right shift paddle becomes looking back and the best thing is, there’s no clutch so I can’t drive that race with that layout. When I get back to Menu and want to set the mapping again, everything looks fine. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] Only thing that helps is quitting Forza6 and launch it again, still not sure, if the mapping issue will occur again, cause it doesn’t happen all the time.

Kinda sucks in addition with the broken D-Pad, because I just can’t race :(.

Anyone else got that problem too or has a link how to fix it or a discussion maybe? As I said I didn’t find any related topics.

English is not my native language so please forgive some mistakes :wink:

Thank you for your help or any advices,

B with ifi