Storm Island issues addressed in next update

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all an update on some of the main issues that are being reported by the community on the forums and social media following the release of the Storm Island expansion for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One.

After investigation, we currently have a content update for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One going through the Microsoft certification process which addresses a number of issues, including:

• Car Meets not unlocking resulting in access to Storm Island being blocked.

• Game crashes each time the user booted the game into the Storm Island hub.

• No new events appear after installing Storm Island.

We hope to have this update available to players at some point next week. As soon as we’re able to, we’ll let you know a more specific release date.

Finally thank you for your patience and understanding while we investigated the problems. Your feedback on the forums has been invaluable in helping to pinpoint the causes of these issues.

EDIT - Helios
This update is now live and beginning to roll out to players

13 Likes

Any fix for the not unlocking achievement for 65 earned skill spoints?

2 Likes

Yeah I just did that last night and it isn’t showing up…

Hi please update this problem car. Forza Horizon 2 Xbox one version
1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex. Is there a wrong color on front bumper!
Forza Motorsport 5 ok
Forza Horizon 2 bad (Xbox One)

Pictures:
FH2 bad

and FM5 ok

1 Like

Good luck with that… I have yet to ever see T10 ever fix a mistake on a car model in the history of forza. Pretty much the only thng Iv ever seen them put any effort into fixing are game breaking bugs.

1 Like

is this update only for xbox one and for the 360 ?

How about fixing the multiple exploits in Multiplayer?

After the last content update, only while racing, the sound will go out and be a loud clicking noise. Everything else seems fine till I finish the race then it gets stuck on the loading screen.

Only other problem I saw was in a race on storm island, the Audi TT RS didn’t have front and rear bumpers on

Saw a bmw like that in single player on storm island.

Sooooo… Nothing about the achievement for having all barn finds not unlocking?..

Not having any of these issues personally. Posted last night more fixes that are NEEDED.

Please, please, please, extend the car selection timer to 60 seconds between championships.

5 Likes

Im sorry but the game isn’t finished yet… Online lobbys? You guys need to prioritise, adding missing game features is more important than dlcs and cars.

2 Likes

When I bought forza 5 vip, dlc was included. Paid over 110 bucks for horizon2 ultimate day one, now you want even more $ for storm island?? Vip’s should get dlc included, or it should CLEARLY state it is NOT included at point of purchase. I feel cheated, and will never buy another forza title new unless this is rectified. You know full well i’m discouraging anyone I talk to from putting any $ into T10 hands, as this money grubbing attitude is shamefull and is not how the market leader should behave.

3 Likes

Thanks for keeping us updated. There are many patches needed for the game, not just the Storm Island DLC/expansion. Is there any word on online lobbies that offer specific race types, not mix and match? I would play more if the online lobbies offered street-only or rally-only racing.

Thanks… BCG VIBROMASTER

1 Like

What about the issue with the marketplace in game. Always says “failed to download marketplace content try later” or something like that.

I myself have noticed (quiet a while ago, so I’m not sure if they’ve fixed that) that the RUF Yellowbird has no interior from the 3rd Person Camera. POV is all Fine, but from outside the Car the Driver is sitting in Air.

Please fix the game party chat, everyone still sounds like max headroom and you can’t understand what people are saying. Love to see custom lobbies in the update wanna do some cruising in cruise lobbies with my merc and 57 chevy

1 Like

Forza games are the only ones I’ve had this problem on, but when it’s happening, if you exit, close, and reopen the game it should fix the echoing. Whenever I play FM5 or FH2 online (hardly ever since discovering how bad online in FH2 is without lobbies) I make sure my headset is plugged in before I start the game fresh, not just reopen a past session, and that keeps the echoing at bay.

Any word on if there will be a fix for the sound cueing problem when u shift gears?