Store tells me to upgrade to W10 when already on W10

As the title says,

I’m trying to download FM6:Apex but I get told to upgrade to windows 10. I’ve been on W10 for months now.
What can I do to solve this?

Apex support on Xbox.com: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/game-titles/forza-motorsport-6-apex-info

You need build 1511 or higher at least to play Apex. For some people, this build was only released a few weeks ago.

Had the same issue, but with Killer Instinct instead.
What you want to do is follow the link they ask you to follow and download the Windows Media Creation Tool. So then basically you’ll reinstall W10 all over again, but this time in the most recent build, and after that you’ll be able to install it.
You won’t lose any files for doing it, but is a long process of installing, it’ll take about an hour or more.
Here’s a more detailed explanation, since I’m not too good with explaining things: Redirecting

I had similar problem with one previous game on windows store, I did solve it by getting GetWindows10-sds.exe from MS and reinstalling all missing parts of OS.

Hope this helps, cheers…

That tool won’t upgrade my PC. It errors out with “The language or edition of the version of Windows currently installed on your PC isn’t supported by this tool.”

My Windows version is Windows 10 Education 64-bit.

I’m not sure if there’s a way to check if I have the November update. The update history doesn’t go back very far and it doesn’t look like you can manually download it unless you go through the Media Creation Tool.

…I am not expert in those things, but I think it has to do something with Education version, not sure it is supported. I think you’ll need Pro version…
But as I said, I am not sure in all of this, so take this as grain of salt… Maybe someone that know something about this problem should answer to this thread.

Cheers…

Hi,

There is a good support guide for Forza Motorsport 6:Apex (Beta) located here:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/game-titles/forza-motorsport-6-apex-faq

There is also a link in that section to Windows 10 updates:

Thanks,

LV T10