Star Card feature

Going to watch it now.

3 Likes

Is this an attempt to help with feeling a lack of accomplishment in the game?

Gamertag flairs are better than pink cargo shorts and clown horns but just as useless.

I’d love to see information that would actually offer a sense of accomplishment and replay value such as podium recognition, per event, per car, per difficulty, along with leaderboards and better rewards (cars, car parts, or paint schemes).

1 Like

and to continue…

Joanna : You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don’t you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
Stan, Chotchkie’s Manager : Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.
Joanna : Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don’t need 37 pieces of flair to do it.

Maybe the grand award will be a red stapler

2 Likes

@FluffyChip90800 The longer I play this game, and the more ridiculous additions they make to this game that add nothing of value to the game itself, the more I find myself feeling quite like Joanna did after that conversation, so I guess I am more of a Joanna at this point when it comes to Horizon 4.

Oh boy, I just watched that cut from the live stream. I hope no one comes on here complaining about not being able to get all the Flair. I am going to guess the Superstar Creator Flair (Level 5 Tuner, Blueprinter, Painter, and Photographer) is going to be pretty difficult with the glitched influence earning after level 3. Adventure Superstar (Get Ranked for Team Racing, Games, FFA, and reach League 10 in one of them) will probably be pretty tough for a lot of people also.

I NEED to be a Brian… give me ALL the flair. I NEED IT NOW!!!

Just watched it! It would make a good film is someone was hypnotised to become a super-hero a bit like Batman.

1 Like

Hoooray, I am a Superstar Racer, I have done all those requirements on “new racer” difficulty, wich actually means the AI is parking before the finish line so that you can become first :smiley:

It would have been a great feature, if they actually put challenges on the Star Cards. Like “finished race XYZ on unbeatable AI with disabled rewind feature”

2 Likes

Why be merely pointless and unrewarding when it could be pointless, unrewarding, and needlessly difficult, eh?

5 Likes

And after reading the Release Notes, Screwed Up from the Start

5 Likes

You expected something different?

2 Likes

It seems to be completely pointless, not to mention broken. According to the release notes, there are some accomplishments that aren’t tracked retroactively, some of which they plan to patch, but some they admit they can’t, and would have to be done again to track properly.

But you know what I like best about it? It’s completely optional! There’s no must-have exclusive content locked behind the laundry list of chores, so I can completely ignore it if I want to, and be assured that I’m not missing out on anything important! So hooray for that, at least.

…as long as they don’t add it to the playlist or something.

5 Likes

If it’s not retroactive for everything, it should’ve come out on day 1. Not the end of the world by any means. I’ll just be happy if they manage to release the update without breaking the game.

4 Likes

As long as they don’t lock any new exclusive cars behind them…

1 Like

Every update adds to the list of broken stuff. Just fix the old stuff first.

2 Likes

That has to be one of the most hilarious release notes I’ve ever read. :joy:

2 Likes

I just wish they’d either come out and say they’re doing away with mixer influence, or fix it. Right now it’s an absolute waste of time.

RACING SUPERSTAR

• Grid Pass - Unlock 70 Race Routes
  • The Grandest Tour - Complete 70 Festival Races
  • Seasoned to Perfection - Complete 40 Season Events
  • Length and Breadth - Drive 5,000.0 miles
  • The Conqueror - Complete 5 Finales
  • Headstrong - Win 50 Head -to -Head Races
  • Showman - Win 5 Showcase Events (starts from zero)
  • Best Showman - Win 5 different Showcase Remix events (starts from zero)

PR STUNT SUPERSTAR

• Stunt Spotter - Discover 94 PR Stunts
  • Smile for the (Speed) Camera - Earn 84 stars on Speed Camera PR Stunts
  • Stunt Season - Complete 30 Season PR Events
  • Over a Short Distance - Earn 84 stars on Speed Zone PR Stunts
  • Sideways Always - Earn 60 stars on Drift Zone PR Stunts
  • A Zone of Danger - Earn 54 stars on Danger Sign PR Stunts

SUPERSTAR EXPLORER

• The Collector - Own 479 Cars
  • Wanderer - Discover 531 Roads
  • Beauty Pageant - Discover 12 Beauty Spots
  • Barnstormed - Discover 15 barns
  • Boarded Up - Smash 200 Bonus Boards

SUPERSTAR CREATOR

• High Bandwidth Router - Reach Blueprint Rank 5
  • Art House - Reach Design Rank 5
  • The Tinkerer - Reach Tuner Rank 5
  • Snapper - Reach Photo Rank 5

STORY SUPERSTAR

• The Magnate - Earn 2,000,000 CR from Horizon Businesses (starts from zero)
  • Yarn Spinner - Complete 100 Story Chapters
  • Story Star - Earn 300 Stars in Horizon Story Chapters
  • Story Collector - Unlock 10 Horizon Stories and Businesses

ADVENTURE SUPERSTAR

• Ranked Teams - Get Ranked in Team Adventure Racing
  • Ranked Games - Get Ranked in Online Adventure Games
  • Ranked FFA - Get Ranked in Free -For -All Racing
  • Ranked Up - Reach League 10 in any Online Adventure
4 Likes

The kids know it all without actually researching anything…

Most certainly a PR superstar, explorer superstar, I should have the story star status, also i’m far and away an adventure superstar. I’m ranked in each lobby. I wont ever get the creator star status because I dont mess around with that stuff. I just tune and race. I got a long way to go on the head to head stuff, I have never participated in a head to head race but i’ll get it eventually so I can get the racing superstar.

1 Like

too little too late i guess although i do still grind some stuff just to try out different car and tunes so eventually ill complete them through that but over half of them are not even popping for me even though i have done most of them already, like the showcase events one is still 0/5 for me yet ive won over 170 festival races and have that accomplished it seems a little buggy lol