SPA Eau Rouge cutting debate

Does anybody know what track rules really are?
If somebody cuts that corner is that a stop and hold penalty, do they just add time for doing that or what?

in F1 it’s a drive through penalty.

1 Like

Well, that would depend on which series is racing. Some series address issues like that in unique ways.

The fastest line with the lotus e21 does not involve going off into the shoulder there, if I recall correctly.

Im not a fan of corner cutting at all but if a game deems it legal then im going to do it because it doesnt dirty the lap and im still on asphalt. Now if they do fix it that would be awesome because i would much rather run the track instead of the line.

MonkeyDGio the problem is the people justifying this are the ones doing it and say if it’s in the game it works. If everyone followed that logic we should ditch racing as a whole and just play by forza rules; who really cares about a dirty lap if I still get 1st place? Everyone can cut corners and wall ride since T10 allowed it in the game!

Well it is T10s competition and game. So bye that logic it is their rules that apply. Not FIA or F1 or any other Legitimate racing organization.

If you want those rules to apply you need to set your own comp up.

100% agree

it is right that we play by T10 rules but in my opinion there are 2 scenarios.
1 - T10 set the line we are discussing about clean on purpose. In this case it was a bad choice in my opinion, but if this is how it works, fine, that’s the line through Eau Rouge in this game.
2 - Mistakes happen. That line should dirty the lap but for whatever reason in the code of the game, it doesn’t. Currently the fastest line allowed is the one that cuts the corner, hopefully T10 will fix it, wipe the board and everybody gets back to his place on the LB with a slightly higher time.

Since we don’t know in which scenario we are, I wouldn’t say that who is using the cutting line in the CBH is actually a cheater, they take that line simply because it is fast and doesn’t dirty the lap. If it actually did, everybody would do the proper line for the CBH, but the majority would take it also in MP lobbies, and at that point only cheaters would cut like they do on Yas or Sebring. Personally, I run the cutting line in the CBH because I want to try to be as fast as the others, but I also have to say that in MP lobbies I don’t run it because I feel a little bit guilty so far from the kerb and I prefer losing that second. But that’s just me. :slight_smile:

This is Forza Motorsport 5. T10 sets the rules. No exception.
If your not breaking T10’s rules, YOU ARE NOT CHEATING!!!
People’s opinion on how other should race, mean nothing…

i think if cutting eau rouge make you faster and if t10 won’t do anything to you(so means it’s legal and it’s something that they meant to put in) then if you want to cut, cut.
but they should let people rewind as many times as they want without getting the explanation mark so for me it would be easier because this is the first time i played a racing game or any proper games

lol wut? You could endlessly manufacture perfect laps.

and indeed I never said it is cheating

It really shouldn’t be “legal.” In real life it’s disallowed. It needs updated so cutting counts as “dirty.”

I agree with this.

The current rules are the current rules. The rules need to change not people’s behaviour based on the current rules.

Also I do not class this cutting as the same as the wrong classes being used in rivals. In rivals the restriction page shows the restrictions. Yet people choose to rely on a glitch to get around those rules.

We have no idea at this point if Turn 10 want to allow this line or there is a glitch that prevents it showing as dirty. Unless we are told otherwise I think we should assume the former.

If people want to apply certain other rules to their own game thats fine but no need to force it upon others or call them cheaters.

Well to add to the Rivals points, There is a T10 member(RBW Triton) using this glitch. He using a R877 '14 civic in the D class civic challegne. What does that tell you?

Mechberg doesn’t cut the line…sounds like T10 has an internal feud.

Doesn’t the track show the restrictions? RED AND YELLOW boarder of the track… people honestly think it’s OK to drive over that as if it wasn’t even there???

If people really can’t understand this I think people have competition to much on their mind…the only people defending it are the people that do it and the people that do it to keep up with those people that do it.

Eduardo state it perfectly here. I think alot of people dont care where the boundries are. You can put the boundries any where you want, they will just find the fastest way them. Thats the game. The problem is you don’t like where the boundries are. You need to take that up with T10. But to call others CHEATERS because they don’t race YOUR WAY is egotistical!!!

Let me know when they rename the track…