sound issues

I suffer from an odd issue in both the Golf R and Rabbit GTI where the engine sound goes a little haywire around 3/4 of the way through 4th gear. It’s annoying in the R as it sometimes makes me totally mistime my upshift, in the Rabbit it’s not so bad bit the dump valve hisses a few times before the sound returns to normal…

I have the mentioned issues with the crackling as well. I have another, more annoying audio issue though.

Very often (had the game for 5 days) my center speaker goes very low in volume, causing the voice in the middlesequences and forzavista to be a lot lower than the music - ingame the car-engine is a lot lower in noise than the competing cars as well.

Fiddling a bit forth and back with the speaker distance ind my hometheater setup (not on the Xbox) seem to solve the problem, until I turn my hometheater off and back on. This has led me to believe that there might be something wrong with my hometheater - just sent it in for repair today, to see if they can fix it.

Reading all these posts on audio issues in Forza, makes me doubt that the problem is in the home theater though. I haven´t got any other games to compare with at the moment.

Has anybody else experienced similar?

My xbox is set to 5.1 unsurpressed, Forza set to home theater.

Had a bad bout of the crackles today. Worse than I have ever had before. Happened with a Ferrari and a Vette. Seems to happen mostly with a number of other cars close by. It’s almost like it’s too much going on soundwise. And its only with FM5. I tried a different HDMI all audio output settings on the Xbone. Also tried different settings on my Yamaha Receiver.
I am wondering if a re-install of FM5 would be needed? I only have the digital download. I have read that my save files will be ok(but still a bit nervous to try though)
Anyone else done a FM5 re-install?

i had this problem too, it was a random crackling noise, some days its all good and others its very irritating, what fixed it for me was turning on the power saving mode.In this mode when you turn off your console it turns your system completely off like the xbox 360.The only small downfall is the system takes longer to boot up on start up but I’ve had no problems from any games or apps since i turn the power save mode on.

I too have some serious sound issues. When I’m driving it sounds like I have a battalion of soldiers marching!
Also when in ForzaVista the voice for the woman crackles or is garbled. The same is true with the intros. to the different
racing series. All my favorite Top Gear voices are also coming through scratchy and garbled. I like to hear when my
wheels are breaking traction, but with the constant “dot - dot - dot - dot - dot” sound, my volume is too low to enjoy
the engines ripping/whining and the tires squealing. I have tried multiple settings and games for my XB1, not to mention driving views
and nothing has solved my mysterious sound quality problems.

1 Like

I had screwed sounds too, the Ferrari was the worst.
To fix it turn off your xbox and unplug the power for a few minutes which gives it a cold reset and clears the cache apparently, it worked for me haven’t had any sound issues since.

These sound issues happened to me couple of times, and the only solution I found was the one mentioned above. You must quit the game (go to dashboard, press “start” on the game window and then “quit”). It usually happens to me after playing online for few hours, and especially after many crashes on public races (it seems that crash sounds are making the game sound system instable).

When it happens, it is very annoying and you can barely hear your own engine sound, so you’d better quit the game and start it again.

WORKED!!! Thanks :slight_smile:

I was having it with my 05 impreza and then my ford fiesta and its really irritating. This glitch needs to be fixed.

1 Like

I get the ‘glitch’ too, it’s been going on since late July, and is really annoying me, I’ve cleaned the disc, used various hdmi cables and nothing works, turn 10, please fix

1 Like

I made a thread because I missed this one but figured I would just post mine here. I see only one person above has mentioned this I am not sure if anyone else has a fix.

I have noticed that since the last patch I am having weird issues with the sound in this game…almost like the sound is being muffled or something sporadically as I drive around the track. As far as I have noticed, it does happen on every track but maybe some are just worse than others.

It is really annoying because of how big a role audio cues play in this game…not being able to hear my engine revs or cars coming up on the side of me get frustrating. Like I said, it happens on almost every track that I have tested and it is not random, it appears to always be happening in the same spot(s) of the tracks.

Before anyone asks, I have tried 3 different HDMI cables and another input on the back on my AVR and nothing has mitigated this issue and none of my other devices (PS3, PS4, BD player, X1 cable box) suffer from this issue. This leads me to believe it is either the game or the XB1 but I really wouldn’t even know how to figure out if it was the XB1.

I tried doing some searches on the interwebs but could really find anything so it appears this is not a wide spread issue or at least one that is not being voiced by the community. Anyone else noticing issues like this?

1 Like

Are the people at Turn 10 actually looking at this? Its just bloody irritating!!!

1 Like

OK, so I fired up my XB1 on Saturday and it has a system update. I am not sure what this update did, but I can say that since then I have not had the issues I was having with the sound becoming muffled at certain points during the race and I probably put in about 6 or so hours this weekend. Thought I would throw that out there in case anyone else was experiencing this.

To me it appears it might have been an issue with the last XB1 update…not FM5.

Been getting the crackles today, so yeah, no official fix yet.

The fix was way simpler than that: I just closed the game when I got back to the dashboard (press “start” and hit “quit”).

thanks buddy this worked perfect:-)

1 Like

Glad I could help you guys!

I am only starting to get these noises coming through since update. I thought it was my headphones, but its in the game itself.

I am only starting to get these noises coming through since update. I thought it was my headphones, but its in the game itself.

I have this issue from the beginning. I think it got worst, so worst that it is nerarly impossible to drive, cause I can not hear the motor, or there is a lack of time between sound and visual.

I tried of course to quit the game, restat the Xbox, … NOTHING WORKS!

This is the only game it happens, so it is abviously that it is a problem of Turn10. But they seam nnot to have time to work on the problem - need the time to prepare Horizon ?

IT MUST BE POSSIBLE TO SOLVE SUCH A PROBLEM IN OVER HALF A YEAR!!!

It’sgetting me upset, cause the reason I bought the Xbox was Forza 5…

I have this issue from the beginning. I think it got worst, so worst that it is nerarly impossible to drive, cause I can not hear the motor, or there is a lack of time between sound and visual.

I tried of course to quit the game, restat the Xbox, … NOTHING WORKS!

This is the only game it happens, so it is abviously that it is a problem of Turn10. But they seam nnot to have time to work on the problem - need the time to prepare Horizon ?

IT MUST BE POSSIBLE TO SOLVE SUCH A PROBLEM IN OVER HALF A YEAR!!!

It’sgetting me upset, cause the reason I bought the Xbox was Forza 5…