Singleplayer street races more difficult than championships and exhibitions?

I did a midnight battle last night against the BMW I was using an max s2 Ford gt HE and got obliterated. Took a note of the time the AI did and it check against the leaderboard and it would of got a 87th out of 197 thousand players.

ERS Hornet’s drivatar did around a top 40 in one race and even beat Hornet’s PB in another race en route to top 100. Both were in A class in a championship.

I thought my Hyundai Genesis was slow at first because the drivatar was keeping up. Nope, it was way faster than expected. I just by chance found a drivatar who decided to mimic the owner’s skill set.

They are harder…

Just use the non DLC Ultima

My biggest gripe with the Street Races is that they use the awful “flare checkpoints” from Horizon 2. They’re difficult to see, and there’s no barriers or arrows set up around the course, so its very difficult to tell where you’re supposed to be going. The Championships and Exhibitions have the course very clearly marked and the “checkpoint” banners are much easier to see than the flares.

There’s a white line reaching up to the sky over the center of the next checkpoint in all races. It took me a while to notice that, which is why I’m not assuming you already knew this. It’s particularly easy to see at night.

I see the white waypoint they set up, but I’m not looking far off into the distance, I’m paying attention the cars around me and trying to find the apex of a turn. Not terribly easy when you have no idea where the actual turn is. More often than not, i have to turn on the driving line just so I can keep a visual on where I’m supposed to be going. I had to do this a lot in FH2 as well, because they used this same checkpoint system.

I’m more into the offroad sections of FH3 anyway. I’ll play FM6 if I want to do pavement races.

These routes are available in rivals. Take a few practice runs before the race to get a feel for the route and where and when to turn. Course knowledge is the most important factor in winning races in Horizon. More important than the car itself. A lessor more controllable car with precise course knowledge is much more effective than winging it with a faster car.