Series 32 info - livestreams, cars, content update (now available)

Oh! A 16th Mustang to add to our collection, what an unexpected surprise.

Seriously though, it’s getting a little bit ridiculous now (and still not the one I really miss and want, the '77 Cobra II). I only use two or three with any real regularity. Imagine if just five of the 16 were five popular items off the Max list, or even five that weren’t on anybody’s radar but were unique and different, maybe adding a garage partner for some of those onsies and twosies? Just a handful could be refreshing. Hell, I would trade ALL my mustangs for a Jensen Intercepor, De Matosa Pantera, or AMC AMX/3. But, sure, who doesn’t need another S1 Mustang?

And only 2 new cars? Paid OP DLC is supplemental, yes but only for those that tolerate paid dlc and desire the contents. For everyone elsd, its a long monotonous month to wait for hopefully a better series follow up.

2 Likes

I’m with ya on that Jensen Interceptor! Or how about the 1972 Mazda Cosmo 110S Series II from Horizon 3? Or maybe add some older cars that they’ve never done before in a Forza game like a 1971 Jensen FF or a 1979 Aston Martin Bulldog. Not just new cars that have come out in the last couple years, but solid classics that they’ve never f’d with before…

But hey maybe next season we’ll get a couple of new 911s or M3s… Heck, there are probably a couple of Skyline’s they haven’t included yet… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fun fact: The Shelby 1000 is the 1st 1st facelift 5th gen Mustang available on the XB1, after it was last available on the X360

1. new Mustang cars is cool. 6. HW cars is ten dollar baby…why not? More festival playlist cars and DLC please. Game is amazing. :+1::+1::+1:
    Thank you T10/PG
1 Like

32 months later and we’re still getting new cars, and recently the C8 and Jesko, now the GT500, that’s awesome

3 Likes

The game was designed like that from the start, it’s how a live service game works, it hasn’t been 32 months of spontaneous generosity.

6 Likes

“Two more Mustangs, enough already!”

No, I want more. Especially if it’s models like these. Really cool additions.

Because it’s “free”.

People forget Microsoft can do these things at a loss (well, not really, since FH4 sold very well) and the quality of the expansions declined after they became “free”.

Right. Two more Mustangs in addition to the 14 others, enough already! Sixteen iterations of any car is just absurd; oh, you want more? Hmm.

What if instead of Mustangs, it was 14 Ford Rangers that were getting two ‘really cool’ additions, would you be wanting more? Hmmm.

I don’t quite follow what youre trying to assert with the last bit, but my guess is Eliminator and Super7 are the ‘free expansions’ mentioned. I’ve noticed previous posts regarding ELIM/S7, you always refer to them as expansions. Stop that. They are not expansions nor had they ever been advertised as such. They’re just additional game modes for the base game by way of a regular update. Nothing bought, no DLC, no new areas/maps. Their respective exclusives are not unusual, exclusives are available in a number of other Horizon Life progression chains. And even bundled togther as a single DLC package, there’s not enough value to merit either being called an ‘expansion.’

But you already know that… yet you persist with labeling them as expansions. Why? You’re very well articulated with a great bredth of experience, so it’s clearly a deliberate misrepresentation. What for though? I suspect casting them as expansions make the failure narratives you always push seem greater or more effective in your mind. Just curious. Fascinating.

For what it’s worth, I did a few deep dive searches tonight looking for something, and came across a number of your related posts. Some really great reads, very thoughtful. I hope you get reinspired enough to return to that. Being sincere. Also, when I saw the IROC had returned, I couldn’t help but think “Dude got his car, good for him” as I was sure I recalled reading you wish for it several times, if I am mistaken, …oops.

1 Like

I hope this update won’t be delayed too much, because around this weekend I’ll have a few days off and would love to be able to appreciate the new GT500.

I would have been excited if the offered a '67 or '70 Shelby Mustang, but these just seem redundant. I guess they get to repurpose existing assets this way.

2 Likes

There was such a cool, unique Shelby in one of Barrett-Jackson’s auctions. I don’t remember what it was called, but it was unique next to the famous, original GT500.

But they gave us that Chevelle which has nothing special about it other than being owned by one of Jackson’s partners.

All of the Mustangs in Forza have unique engines. Maybe the Shelby 1000 is identical to the 2013 GT500. But the rest are all different cars with very different purposes. I’m actually surprised they didn’t add the SVO from that leaked list, which is another car I wanted.

Meanwhile there’s like 6 WRXs in the game, of which 5 are mechanically identical. Two Lancer which are the same car (inexplicably the Evo IX is much worse). Two Jeep Wrangler with Hellcat engines which are the same vehicle. Two Broncos which are more or less the same. A Camaro we got in the DLC which was the one in the game but fully optioned. Various cars with cabrio version (some, like the Hummer and the McLaren 720S are exclusive).

With regards to the Eliminator, it was treated by the team as an expansion, since it adds loading screens to the game when you first start it, same as with Lego and Fortune Island. Super7 has its own tab in the game, like Fortune Island and Lego. It’s very clear to me they were big updates with bonus cars linked to them and could be considered free expansions to the game since they feature new ways to play. You’re free to disagree, though.

I’ve actually driven the IROC-Z a fair bit since it was released, more so than the Corvette. I did so because I like it, obviously. Those old Chevys are fun to swap an LS3 into and keep the nice auto transmission which has pretty great gearing. But I know it’s just not that great of a car, and not worth grinding the long events from last Winter to get. In Forza it has heavy handling and is, by all intents and purposes, a model swap of the Trans Am GTA. Adding it in Winter with a 50% requirement is just asking for people not to get it.

Besides, they didn’t really do anything unique with it other than add the track width upgrades. It doesn’t even have the V12 available, whereas its sibling does. It could’ve had the Z28 engine the Corvette got, for example. But certain cars just don’t get the same love from the devs and the IROC-Z is one of them.

It was more a complaint about having exclusive cars which don’t really have anything “exclusive” about them other than the devs forcefully limiting their availability.

1 Like

The only Mustang I do miss ius the legend; the 65/66 fastback, Shelby or not

Well…I for one LOVE this update…because another one of my all-time/top 10 Forza favourites is BACK! Shelby 1000! Finally!

It’s just too bad I have to wait until next spring.

I will say I’m a little disappointed they didn’t include the ‘86 SVO mustang (from the “list”).

I for one don’t mind multiple mustangs, corvettes or even vipers (although with the bull-frog sound of the V10 it does make it slightly less appealing). As long as I can do different builds for rivals/racing it’s all good.

The hot wheels legends car pack looks fantastic as well. The Dually, LUV, and Nash has me sold on it.

1 Like

Not one but two Ford Mustangs one of which is the 2012 Shelby 1000 and the New 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 were included for the series 32.

Homerun!! guys with the new 2020 Shelby GT500. I had given up hope that the car would make an appearance in FH4.

Bonus and Icing on the cake, bringing back the 2012 Shelby 1000 from FH1, AWESOME!!!

Thanks PGG!!!

2 Likes

Stilling wishing for the return of the 2012 Boss 302 Mustang from FH1 to complete my Mustang fetish!!!

So from 4 ‘new’ cars an update…to 3… now we’re down to 2?

Ah well; that’s minimised the amount of time I need to spend grinding this month? Only 2 events to do…

1 Like

2 +6 = 8.

232 cars* added to the game over 32 updates comes to more than 7 cars every four weeks.

*Not counting VIP, Bond, Pre-Order, or Welcome Pack

1 Like

Welllllll, respectfully, it’ll be: 2 + 6 (+$10) = 8

1 Like

If you want to limit your count to just free additions, don’t forget to calculate your average cost over the same period.
(156 / 32 = 4.875 free cars per season since launch)

2 Likes