Season Pass Holder: How do I get my copy of the Rally Expansion?

Yeah, I own the season pass but cannot get Rally to download for the life of me… I’ve tried from the main menu and I’ve also tried from within the single player… I do believe I have plenty of room the hard drive. (Over 2GB free.)

I’m on the same situation. We have one week to download it from the in-game marketplace or it will not be possible.

For the Rally Expansion and the seven months content you can really buy them separately in the Xbox Dashboard or the website if you have a registered credit card.

The lost content will be the Season Pass extra cars and the VIP that looks the same according to the support site. Too bad for me, I really wanted the VIP.

If you have the season pass, you can download all the monthly free cars and the game will register it as if you downloaded the car packs. It worked for me. No help for the Rally Expansion though.

2 Likes

That’s nice to hear! Thank you! So the hope is still up for the Rally Expansion, free cars of the Season Pass and the VIP thing too.
I’ve also bought the pre-sale car pack, are those safe too?

So we have these:

• October - 122.32 MB - According to Yu Kigono it will be available for Season Pass owners if the free car of the same size is downloaded for free from the Dashboard.

• Season Pass- 348 KB - Allows the free download of October, November, December, Rally, January, February, March and April, but only through the in-game marketplace. Also grants five bonus cars.

• November - 79.15 MB - According to Yu Kigono here it will be available for Season Pass owners if the free car of the same size is downloaded for free from the Dashboard.

• Lamborghini Miura Concept 2006 - 9.32 MB - Will it work without in-game marketplace?

• December - 74.89 MB - According to our friend Yu Kigono it will be available for Season Pass owners if the free car of the same size is downloaded for free from the Dashboard.

• Rally Expansion - 1.01 GB - It doesn’t have a free car of 1.01 GB, so need to be bought if the servers don’t come back.

• January - 72.32 MB - According to Mister Yu Kigono it will be available for Season Pass owners if the free car of the same size is downloaded for free from the Dashboard.

• Honda Challenge - 32.46 MB - Will it work without in-game marketplace?

• February - 75.87 MB - According to Sir Yu Kigono it will be available for Season Pass owners if the free car of the same size is downloaded for free from the Dashboard.

• VIP and Car Pack - 48.73 MB - I suppose it will not work, because in the Support website it’s treated just like the Season Pass, so need the in-game marketplace.

• March - 73.51 MB - According to our savvy friend Yu Kigono it will be available for Season Pass owners if the free car of the same size is downloaded for free from the Dashboard.

• Pre-sale car Pack- 52.73 MB - I suppose is the same of Honda?

• April - 56.31 MB - According to enlightening Yu Kigono it will be available for Season Pass owners if the free car of the same size is downloaded for free from the Dashboard.

• 1000 Club - 352.94 MB - It’s free! Get it before 10/20 through the dashboard or website!

Thank you for helping us crazy completionists.

So i need to bought Rally Expansion on his on, not from season pass?

Honda Challenge, VIP and Pre-Order packs all function, as they are separate downloads from the Season Pass. All the Season Pass does is let you download the monthly car packs for free through the marketplace. And if the marketplace doesn’t work, well…

Edit: Oh, also all the free season pass cars seem to work, except the SVT Focus as that comes with the Rally Expansion.

1 Like

I’m in the same position. I have the Season Pass, but can’t download the Rally Expansion. Any attempt to try gives me the error message similar to “Failed to download XBOX Live Marketplace data. Please try again later.” I got the cars working using the method Yu Kigono said.

I did try Xbox Live Support but after 2 hours and trying pretty much everything, we couldn’t do anything. They haven’t taken those servers down before they’ve taken the DLC off sale, have they?

I’m non-native to English so I have to apologize first at wrong choice of words or sentences first. It will be a long post.

I have a bad feeling with Season pass holders vs Rally Expansion downloading problem.

I downloaded free car packs years ago, and finally bought the season pass some hours ago
with expectation that I can get the rally expansion too, but only got cars from season pass,
looks like free car pack already had car data and season pass unlocked them…

And couldn’t access to rally expansion - “marketplace not available” message again and again.

And I searched with words “forza horizon rally” X1 console store app then something fish appeared.
There are two entries of rally expansion - first one is not available, but it looked like I can buy second one(
(didn’t actually buy yet)

proof : Looks like getting FH1 rally expansion with season pass is screwed... - Album on Imgur - used camera on the cell phone,
and last picture will have korean characters about X1 - X360 compatibility support and prices in KRW.

So this is end of the fact part - and I just made up some foolish theory in my mind…

• Why in-game rally access not working?
    FH1 may just tries to access “unavailable” entry.

• Why are there two entries of same DLC, one unavailable and other looks like working?

I just thought they - I don’t know about them, but we know there are someone changes policies exist anyway :frowning:
just don’t want give us away the rally pack with recent season pass holders.

If i’m that someone or organization who changed policy - I can make and tell words like
“free rally pack offer with season pass was limited period bonus - but it’s finally ended and no longer supported”
then I wonder there was anyone heard or saw that “limited period” explicably…

So, I think technically, “late” season pass holders like me still didn’t actually buy “rally pack” and
will have no chance to get after 20, Oct. 2016.

And I think there will be some results…

• Favorable: Hopefully, Turn10 or MS or anyone will fix this for season pass holders to actually download rally packs.
  • Unfavorable: They will not fix but answer with some reasons why they didn’t allow download. Disappointing but reason will tell stories at least…
  • Worst: Late season pass holders will be ignored entirely. they had to buy rally pack seperately but didn’t do it. the end.
    but… uh… isn’t this very unprofessional?

And finally I thank you all reading needlessly long rants with inaccurate words and sentences.

If the servers don’t come back, yes you may like to buy it in order to play. Another option is buying a download code if you can find one in retail or whatever.

Thank you again Mr. Yu Kigono. I thought the VIP was like the Season Pass and needed something to be downloaded in the in-game marketplace, because the support site specific for this and FM4’s Season Packs say the VIP works like this.
Season Pass official explanation
But since the VIP and car pack DLC is 48 MB, you seem to be right.

They follow scripts. It’s not a common situation in my opinion so they don’t really can do anything. The important part is we opening complainments so they should aknowledge the issue and stop doing Season Passes so weird.
My support said to uninstall the game and download again. And said it was fixed. Yeah, after asking me three or four times if I was playing in the Xbox One and if asking if the game was FH3 a lot of times too.

I think I understood but you know the servers are down for a lot of Forzas right.

So it’s not anything against anyone. It’s our bad luck of the game being delisted and the Season Pass actualy working this way, from inside the game.

Forza Motorsport 3 servers come and go. So I’m really not worried about the servers “never coming back”. But about them not coming before day 20.

1 Like

I understand business practices, costs of maintaining online services etc.

FM3 goes down, FH1 Rival modes etc…

Yes I understand in “game as a service” era games will not live with their charm forever and
will inevitably meet their “end”. I don’t worry that. I don’t want villainify anyone.

But using microscope in those exciting past moments - is not fun right?
Just a few clear words of explaining and things could be more understandable than now.