Season 8 - Stock Trials

I think it’s a fine idea - lets level the playing field a bit and see who really has the skills.
These people wont have their tunes and their e-brake buttons as crutches - lets see who really knows how to handle a car

3 Likes

Its a game not real life, the skils required to drive a real car compared to a virtual game car are very different its just a few button presses or whatever meant as a form of entertainment and fun, far too many take it far too serious with thier elitism and im a better driver than you attitude.

So you don’t like that attitude towards other people then Dave?

‘Making the ai easier makes up for the wasters you get for team mates so they can keep doing it as far as im concerned’

Your own words, nobody else’s.

2 Likes

I’m speaking within the context of the game, Dave.
It’s easy to go download someone else’s tune… and hey, lookit - one of the most popular threads up right now are “elitists” complaining about not even allowing un-tuned cars in trials.

Well, I guess we’ll see who is here whining when S8W1 drops with this challenge, won’t we?

pffft.

My opinion summerizes some of the previous. I like the idea but in the end it will all come done to how it is implemented. It can’t be the case that the Cheatatars blast of from 0 to 60 in 3 secs where we can’t even do it in 5 or 6, especially considering in the Trial they get to start in front anyway. I don’t mind needing more than one try but it must be fair game. I believe the most tries in FH4 I ever needed was 8. In FH5 it is 6 (The Hoonigan 900 a while ago), that was a mess.

1 Like

There was a winter speedzone in fh4 that took me days to get,down through a hamlet then over a bridge near end. Also, there was an insanely hard seasonal of the Midget showcase through the quarry .Nothing in fh5 has come remotely close to those for difficulty.**
** Edit:bugs excepted

2 Likes

Edited as a reply to the message instead of the OP.
Although slightly off-topic as we’re talking Trial in stock cars here, I do remember that winter speed zone, first time I experienced the possibilities of a well tune Mosler. The Midget I do no recall.

Difference is I don’t claim to be a top virtual driver, but at least I make an effort to try and beat the ai, so would prefer that bit to be easier, as for the wasters who don’t even try and just want to be a rucksack nothing I can do about them. :rofl:

You can race with un-tuned cars anytime you like, you don’t need “special” events for it.

Wait, we will be forced to use stock cars? In stream I understood them as drivatars will use stock cars (same as it is in series 7).
Personally, nice, I always prefer stock cars, only tune it if I can’t beat AI in singleplayer test before trial.

nah, there wont be any difficulty because i used a stock Subaru in the trial once

I am actually looking forward to it.
Adds a nice change to it and is deeply needed until they fix the stock drivertar car issue.

Just curious if the car has to be stock as in rental or if we can adjust what is adjustable stock. For example the rear aero on the 190 Evo.

Nobody on here claims they are even though there’s a handful that would simply be being correct if they did, I don’t understand why you seem to despise anything remotely challenging in the game.

I do wonder if it’s been done because of the drivatar problem, to give time to fix it. It does seem odd otherwise that the month after drivatars get stuck at stock car values we suddenly get a month of stock car races.

Hopefully it will mean for season 9 we are back to the old drivatar levels in the trials.

2 Likes

Stay on topic…

Personally, I’m annoyed by anything in game which is unaffected by my difficulty settings and thus presents more challenge than I’m looking for. And that includes the goals for side stories and PR stunts.

I always tune my car for any trial, just to get half a chance at beating the drivatars ,If people don’t know how to tune and run a stock car, i’ve no problem with that, the drivatars will have one to match in there team, which can make it easier to win for the team.
I like the idea of one make series, it makes for good racing, but…some cars in stock tune are just terrible,no grip what so ever,gear ratio’s all over the shop, terrible brakes.
Now given that the drivatars are just OP all the time, they are on rails come wind ,rain or shine with power boosts out of nowhere,great traction and cornering, it’s not a fair playfield .
I’d like to be able to tune some parts of my car to stand a chance, say tyre width? and pressure, gear ratios ,diff setting and suspension. No engine tuning .
I don’t want to be doing the trail god knows how many times for a reward of some sunglasses ! i’ll just lose interest and not bother .

1 Like

Time to buy a stock 190E then. That leaves only 98 cars left to reach 400. :smile::crazy_face: Any excuse will do at this point.

1 Like

I like the general idea of racing stock cars but I think the Trial is the completely wrong place for that. They should have created a new stock PvP event instead as a kind of replacement for the one ranked event on the FH4 playlist with points for participation and extra prizes for reaching the podium. I also dislike races where you are limited to just one car, I think you should be able to choose from a few cars with different strengths and weaknesses (a faster car with weaker handling, a grippier but slower car etc.).

1 Like

Stock tune feels pretty nice with no assists. You can easily control and limit (or enjoy!) the rear slide and its acceleration is throaty and brisk.

The biggest gain will be keeping the rear wheels as straight as possible so to not lose those exit speeds. It’s so easy to just put the power on early and have fun being flamboyant as opposed to fast. :smiley:

It’s a hoot.