Searching works - if you work at it

I recently reached affinity level 25 with Maserati. I got the crew chief mod. I got the CR for leveling up with the manufacturer but I didn’t get the message about receiving the badge. I checked my badges and it wasn’t available. I did a free play race, a multiplayer race, and a rivals event. I also restarted the system and did a hard restart of the system. None of these fixed the problem.

Since things I thought were easy that might fix it didn’t, I decided to come to the forums. I know I have a had a couple badges delay showing up and I wanted to check if that may be the case. However, I have never seen this with an affinity badge. A quick look through recent posts showed nothing about affinity badges. I was going to start a new thread but decided I should do a search first. In the search box in the upper right of the forums page I entered “Maserati badge”. I got an message saying there was an error during the search and the advanced search page popped up. I thought that some glitch happened on the server end and resubmitted the search. I got the same message about an error occurring. I was about to give up and start a new thread but I decided to use the advance options to narrow the search to FM6 - discussions - support. I got two hits. One had nothing to do with the problem I was having but the other one did. It said you had to do another career race with a car from the manufacturer to get the badge, the one race type I didn’t do. I did that and got the badge. Problem solved.

I have seen posts where moderators encourage people to use searches. It makes sense. That is what I tried to do. However, when I got the error message I almost gave up. I can see other people giving up right away and starting a new thread. I am not sure if other people are have the same problem I was having entering a search in the box at the upper right but if they are I think it needs to be fixed. Otherwise people are going to give up searching and just start new threads.

Click on the magnifying glass first, then you can specify which forums and whittle down the information for more precise results.

I did a little more checking of the search. There does seem to be a problem. If I enter anything into the box near the upper right of any forum page and hit enter or click on the magnifying glass I always get a message about an error occurring during the search and get taken to another page with additional search options. If I just select search from this page I still get a message about an error occurring during the search. If I narrow down the forums to search on that page, everything works fine.

My first instinct when searching is to start with a general search. In the case I mentioned I realize I may have got many results back. If I didn’t see the answer to my question in the first few hits of the search, I would have narrowed the search. The first narrowing would probably have been to FM6 forums. If that gave too many results, I probably would have narrowed the search to FM6 Support. This is my general search strategy, start wide and narrow. I do this because posts don’t always appear in the forums you would suspect.

The problem is I can’t do an initial wide search using the box at the upper right. I always get an error. Oops, not always, see below.

Addition: I just tried to find a list of all the mods available in FM6. I tried searching for “list of mods” without the quotes narrowed down to the FM6 forums. I got a message about an error occurring during the search. I then narrowed the search to FM6 discussion. I still get the same error message. Does anyone know of a way to search for the list of all the mods? I am trying to find a list of all the mods you can get in the game. I think I have most if not all of them. I just to see which ones I am missing, if any.
Update: I found the list of mods by searching for list of mods in the FM6 - Discussion - Support. There was a post where someone listed where to find the list in the FM6 Discussions forum. Why wouldn’t the search find the list of mods in the FM6 Discussion forums? All three words are in the first post of the thread.

Another addition: I remembered a couple of months ago I tried searching for “1977 Aston Martin” using the box in the upper right. I tried that again. It worked. Why did that work?

As I said:

Click on the magnifying glass first, then you can specify which forums and whittle down the information for more precise results.