Scaling issues .. help!

Hi
when the game launched I was running ultra settings with display (in the game) set at 2560x1600 just to try out the game… the game was running fine @ 110-12 0FPS … with couple of crashes (in the past 5 days) when I launch multiple tabs on chrome… and thought maybe its also some initial bugs in the game

Today the game crashed a couple of times even with Chrome not launched … so i went to to Nvedia and just wanted to see what it was recommending… i made some minor adjustment on the slider and I pressed optimized… upon loading the game everything appeared much bigger in scale even though Nvedia recommended display @ 3840x2160… the game at idle is now running @ 80FPS and became very sluggish when going through menus… I do some sniping so this a deal breaker !!!

I tried the following:

• returned to previous resolution and settings as much as recalled… However the 2560x1600 res is now boxed for some reason and still the game is sluggish and running at lower FPS
  • I uninstalled NVIDIA GeForce Experience with revo uninstallers and deleted/removed all files … still no change
  • Checked Nvedia panel to see if GPU scaling is on… its NOT … however im not sure if i should change or keep it the same
  • Used the reset under windows apps… still no change

The only thing remaining is to reinstall the game… and given its over 100GB … i want to leave that as last resort and if it definitely will return the game to previous scale

couple of things to note

• When I changed the resolution the scaling and size did not change… I think its safe to assume that it should change
  • This is not a desktop setup… but im running my game on a HTPC so I sit quite far and thus I increased the scaling to around 300 dpi since everything appears tiny on 4k display from far…
    In that regard I feel that windows is (via the optimizer) somehow is forcing the game to use the native scaling…

Here are my system specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i5 9600K @ 3.70GHz
RAM: 32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1600MHz (14-14-14-34)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z390 M GAMING-CF (U3E1)
GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Storage:
1- 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD))
2- 238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB (SATA (SSD)
Display: 4K LED TV (Im aware its not ideal for gaming)

Sorry for the long post … and would appreciate your assistance on how resolve this issue

I recommend 2560x1440 (because that has aspect ratio), 2560x1600 with aspect ratio goes wrong. unless you put it from “aspect ratio” to “full screen” but then the resolution will get stretched out in nvidia control panel under “adjust desktop size and position”.

so try 2560x1440 on aspect ratio (GPU Scaling) and enable “override the scaling mode set by games and programs”, also make sure “enable desktop resizing” is disabled.