RWD Drag Tuning

Hey guys! New to the forums here but have been playing Forza since the very first one came out on the original X-Box, haha. I"ve looked around for the help I need but just don’t find the answers so I figured I’d come talk to y’all experts. I consider myself a fairly good tuner, never mess with the leader board cars unless it’s something of my interest (Mainly stick to what is actually out at the racetrack). Stuck in college right now so don’t have anything better to do but sit around and mess with Forza until I graduate and start up a shop. ANYWAYS, I can’t quite get a grasp on the gearing I guess it is, or maybe suspension. All of my cars run the goofy suspension set up (positive camber, soft and hard springs, tall height, etc.) For the most part when I come across another car built like mine I can walk all over them, but then someone else shows up in the same car, no goofy suspension, and hooks good and pulls me the whole time. Specifically the '02 Camaro. I’ve had fastest 1/4 mile passes into the 8.5X’s, but no consistency whatsoever. And still get beat. What exactly do I need to be building towards in my tune? I try to set everything up as to where it looks good in the benchmark, and then test it and smooth out the gearing and traction issues and what not. Just don’t see why I put hours and hours into different tunes with no better results. I run with NO traction control, stability control, and manual with the clutch. Just stumped :frowning: Got a Nova that’ll pull the wheels and run consistent 8.8’s on a tune that took 15 minutes to build, GNX running 8.7’s the same way. Built tons of newer model Vette’s and never have a problem with losing, but that Camaro is killing me! What’s the ideal set up?

Nobody…?

I’ve parked mine for the time being. Like you I’ve invested countless hours making adjustments that I hope get the car into the 8.4’s but it’s not easy. The guys I’ve seen run killer times are usually lowered with stiffer suspensions which goes against previous forza tuning methods. I’m keeping mine parked and hoping to find a street tire class that runs Sebring. Until then I’m spending my time hitting the jumps on Horizon 2.

Yeah Horizon 2 is pretty kick ass, haha, I’m hoping I can find some street/racing on there and stay away from FM5 all together. Just tired of all the guys running leaderboard cars or wrecking you because they have a bad start.

Good racing tonight, gotta get a mic homie! Your C7 destroyed my C5 but I learned a valuable lesson. Now just have to rebuild my roll cars, especially my new C7. (I was impressed haha.)

I’m trying to get a good tune for a RWD…ALFA 33 STRADALE PLEASE ANYONE HELP IM NEW RO XBOX1 AND THE FORZA THANKS

You looking for the mile?? I think fat burns has a nice one that is r class rwd…

Wow throwback post haha. How’d the camaro turn out? Mine hits 8.4’s S Class and 8.3’s R Class. Finally reached my goal a few months back.