Rivals "cheating", why is this aloud?

Not a brake drifter myself but you got some of your facts wrong. For starters brake drifters don’t use the e-brake when they brake drift they are using the regular brake. Another thing they usually take so long to finish a race because they sit at the starting line hoping the many idiots in the lobby get far enough ahead of them so they don’t interrupt their line and make than lose a 30,000 point drift and ruin a perfectly good lap. I will always sit at the line for 3-4 minutes unless I forget what lap I am on and accidentally cross.

I hear that, I wait behind at the start as well, but I end up passing and lapping people. As for the e-brake, I know what you mean, I was suggesting to try that in real life, because with a typical car, you aren’t going any where with the peddle brake held down. but you can totally drive with the e-brake up (and ruin your car all at the same time) lol.

Now hold on a minute, I’ve gone 90 before with my E-brake on by accident. To be fair my E-brake is probably meant for a car half the weight and power of mine since it still allows it to rock back and forth on a hill, but my point still stands, my car is fine.

Also I downloaded your 2015 mustang tune just now and it’s an absolute peach. It responds fantastically to a scandy flick. Using the brakes to transfer is almost effortless, it works but it’s undramatic, and the rear is almost never trying to overtake the front. With a bit of throttle control a very good car overall.

1 Like

I agree completely. It is built to be low power, high grip. I tend to find myself using light presses on the gas while engaging the turn, then throttling really hard out of the turn.

She is a gem though. If you want any other cars to feel that way, let me know and i’ll make sure it is up to snuff.

I liked that it was low power because it allowed me to take it into the production drifter hopper, and the grip allowed it to be much faster than my C-class F-100 that I swore by prior to.

I like the part where you say brake drifters take an additional 3-5 minutes, and ask why you should wait for them.
Have you ever been DNF’d by a racecar? Why don’t we all “drift their way” to not keep them waiting?

Points drifters will always drift for points, as tandemers will always try to stay on someone’s door. Both ‘styles’ have their own merits, and both are difficult to do well.

But telling only one style to “L2Drift” is quite juvenile.

DNF by a race car which is not drifting, vs myself who is drifting, and for points, are not the same thing. One is doing something on purpose just to piss people off, I am drifting around the course and finishing far faster than some of these brake drifters.

I’m not the best, but I am no slouch. I can hold my own in a points lobby. I don’t get, say, 90k on a lap on the alps, but I do get my 60k-65k. When i’m making it to the finish 3-5 minutes ahead of these people, i’m not just rushing through and not scoring.

Honestly, i’m generally the first one to the end. When other’s are in a random hopper that are as fast as me, they are usually the ones who say “F this” and just go through the finish when they see that we have already lapped the brake drifters. I generally wait for them, because I am polite like that.

“Why don’t we all “drift their way” to not keep them waiting?”

Because, to be frank, their way is lame as hell, lol.

“Points drifters will always drift for points, as tandemers will always try to stay on someone’s door. Both ‘styles’ have their own merits, and both are difficult to do well.”

Not sure why you brought this up really. I didn’t mention tandem drifters.

“But telling only one style to “L2Drift” is quite juvenile.”

I agree with that. It was kind of in jest, but not really presented that way I guess.

they way I’ve dealt with this issue is just to be an elitist and scoff at the children who try to cheat the system. T10 isn’t going to change anything, so don’t bother suggesting solutions. Just try to better your self, your friends and have fun. relish in the fact that you are better than most people playing the game. because remember, its a game.

Get into tandem with your friends, its so much fun trading paint going 100mph into corners and coming out the other side door to door.

Because I don’t feel like going back up and finding who said it, the person who stated “drive backs aren’t cheating” is full of it.

Ever go to a drift event? Do you ever see them stop after a turn, turn around, and gather a crap ton of speed for the next turn? NOPE! You simply try to maintain a good balance of speed, and angle, and trying to do it all in one really long drift. Of course real drift isn’t running full tracks, only stages, or really small full tracks (like an oval, or something similar to school circuit). But none the less, my point remains the same.

You don’t drive back before you start the next turn/section. I really do enjoy the game, as I stated in the OP that a few guys from work and I usually play for a few hours after work (since we work until 2-3am) to unwind from the day. We’ve been doing some odd events lately, such as full simulation damages on The Ring + GP, and setting up blind clipping points using other cars (we tend to get about 8-10 cars in a private lobby and do this) positioned randomly around Test Track. And once in a while, I’ll pick a car and run tandem with someone being the follow car as they haven’t learned how to use the normal brakes to keep the car in check.

And just for fun, here’s a shot of one of our better high speed tandems. I am in the Supra
tandem by ©DESYphotowerks, on Flickr

You said all that, and yet you never made a logical connection between back-ups and cheating. It was just some sort of emotional appeal to the drifting fashion police to help end the heresy that is points drifting. You may not like it, and maybe even I don’t like it, but sometimes it HAS to be done to get a better score. Think of it like your “drift events, that are the only way to drift, yo” (again, you are trying to force your ideology upon other people). Three or four corners linked, then a back-up is done to start the next section. Points drifters are allowed to do this because the developers didn’t make a panel of virtual drift judges to “watch your sweet drifts and clipping points, yo”. Instead, they came up with a points system that has a set optimal angle and an optimal line. Does points drifting look good? You tell us it does not (opinion). I can tell you it does look good (opinion) once you appreciate the level of skill it takes, brake drifting or not (most good points drifters do not brake drift every corner, only ultra-long sections where normal techniques would fail).

At the end of the day, it is one side vs the other for the most idiotic of reasons. But only one side wants to stop the other from playing the game a certain way. I try to tandem and “drift the right way” (realistic drifting) all the time, but I also points drift. I would never want to tell someone to stop drifting the way they want to because zealotry is never the answer. Unless they cross the finish line early.

Just slide the car sideways however you want, and call it a day.

Sounds like your guilty of it to me.

I made a reference to how its cheating. That reference was, “do you see it happen in real competition?” The answer to that is of course no. Thus for, have some self respect to whom ever feels the need to turn around and gather some speed, and just learn how to properly drive.

Seeing people do it, is as annoying as the drivatars that side swipe you, or break check you when you’re doing season.

Then again, more people would probably be less inclined to cheat, if they had a console back in the infancy of gaming, where cheating, was nearly impossible. (with the exception of some cheat codes that dev’s put into games, and then slightly later on in life, the Game Shark.)

Please explain again how it is cheating when you do something that is supported in-game?

And you do realize most of these “cheaters” would beat you regardless of back ups, right?

Or even the Game Genie!

You do realize that my scores are top 500 or better right? I’ve been playing forza since 3, (but gran Turismo since 1) and have no problem winning in lobbies. Again we are scoring high points with out cheating.

Top 100 scores can be had without backups…

I still fail to see why you take issue with it beyond the fact that you don’t want to do it.

If this is the case, then don’t do it and stop crying about it.

1 Like

Amen and hallelujah peanut butter.

1 Like

LOL, Amen to that but on a side note I tried your drift tune for the 1971 Skyline works well for the most part except maybe a tad overpowered. Who else has great Drift tunes here besides DrxSickness?

I’ve been told my tunes are pretty damn good.

I have about 80 tuned Drift cars. Problem is, their quality varies due to when I tuned them. I have learned plenty since I started playing, so some of my cars have old tuning setups. Just gimme a heads up on the car you are interested in and I will make sure it is updated. If you would like an example of my up to date tunes, feel free to try my 98 Supra, or 2015 Mustang. Those are prolly my best cars at the moment.

1 Like

Deleted everything

1 Like