Rivals Challenge?

Nicely done. Having now checked, there are some fairly top notch A class cars in this category. I’ve currently only tried the Ferrari 250s (which aren’t top tier in my view) and haven’t yet broken 1.03 but I’m fairly confident I’ll beat that in some of the other cars.

TUS Barcode Ferrari 166MM 0:58.794
breeminator Alfa Romeo 33S 1:00.477
Rayne SE Ferrari 166MM 1:00.661
MIDNYTE DUBH Alfa Romeo 33S 1:01.728

I used my own RWD tune of the Alfa, and had TCS on. I’m sure Rayne will have no trouble beating my time, my early lead only means that he hasn’t tried very hard yet :wink:

Rayne appears to have done his time with TCS off, in what I assume was a RWD Ferrari? I don’t think I’m too bad at driving RWD but I can barely keep that thing straight!

His throttle control of tricky RWD builds is far beyond what most us can do. Having said that, it’s not a huge problem in A class. I can drive my RWD 33S without TCS, and did a time that was only about 0.3 slower, but TCS allowed me to hit the throttle hard a bit earlier without getting that bit of a slide that loses you so much time. So it was the difference between being a touch slower than Rayne vs a touch faster. His lap looked to have significant flaws, though, I’m sure he can go a fair bit faster than that.

Yo! What’s up old friends and folks I don’t know yet! Lol I have really missed running rivals stuff with you guys. I was so disappointed that they were not in this, I couldn’t get into Moss’s FM7 HLCs anymore. But man, I’m happy rivals are finally back!

I’m also seeing that I’m still alot slower than you guys, so that hasn’t changed, lol. As of now I’m holding that “Gatekeeper” spot in my Cortina. I’ll post the time in a bit, I’m watching Fast and Furious 5 now, lol! Cortina is shared.

While I’m here, if I may, check out my storefront if you’d like. I’ve got alot of tunes and paint jobs. Some.vinyls too. If it wasn’t for the, in my opinion, stupid “popularity” starcard levels for creator content I wouldn’t be throwing that out there. Check it out, let me know what ya think! I’m downloading and liking alot of you folks too!

That Ferrari 166MM is quite a tricky one. After fidling with some builds I have dropped the time to 59.259. Over 800Hp and 770nm torgue are definitely a handful on this little, light car.
Barcode pulls a small lead after the first turn due to TCS. I normally catch up/overtake him under the heavy braking on the back straight into the downward lefthander from over 320km/h because his TCS is too restrictive over ~200km/h.
But that final hairpin kills me every single time. It seems to be impossible to accelerate out of it with the same speed as with TCS on.

I tried a few RWD builds of the 166MM, but can’t get anywhere near Rayne’s ghost with it. My best time was 1:02.3, so I haven’t shared that tune.

I tried the Shelby Daytona, and wasn’t able to match my Alfa 33S time of 1:00.4, but at 1:01.1 it wasn’t all that far off, and it has the huge advantage of being AWD and easily driveable without TCS. I’ve shared that tune as it’s a pretty good all-round A class car, it’s shared as “A800 missile v3” if anyone wants to try that. My older v2 tune was 0.8 seconds slower for Astmoor.

I haven’t shared the Alfa 33S tune, as I don’t feel it’s a good tune for people to pick up for general use, but if anyone wants to try it, let me know on this thread and I’ll share it with some name that tries to make it clear it’s not a general purpose tune.

I’d definitely give it a try. Improved my time by a couple of tenths yesterday but couldn’t live with your ghost around the long right handers leading onto the back straight so I tried a couple of RWD tunes. They handle great but get mullered on the straights because they have no legs.

Thought I’d hit the wall with the 33S so tried the 166MM - probably need a bit more time with it but wasn’t enjoying it as much. I’ll persevere for another day or two then I’d like to give the Shelby a go as I’ve got a paint waiting for that car…

Great driving by the way chaps & appreciate the tunes :+1:t5:

That’s a very good Daytona tune Bree. For me, it’s 0.3 seconds quicker than Grandma Driving and Rayne’s tunes for that car on this track and I only did three laps in it, so suspect I could eek out a couple more tenths. I couldn’t get a 1.01.1 in it but I suspect that’s mainly due to Auto v Manual. Will try some of the RWD options to see if I can get any lower.

I’ll share my 166MM later. But be warned, without TCS it’s trying to kill you everytime it isn’t completely straightened while accelerating. That being said, manual shifting is mandatory because any gear below 5th is not an option :smiley:

The back of Midnyte’s 33S is very stylish but I’m getting a little tired of ending laps staring at it from close distance. Closed the gap to 0.024 but cannot find the little bit extra!

Annoying when it gets that close, LoL! Keep pushing mate :+1:t5:

Had a day off it yesterday but downloaded both those tunes so will be giving them a try later, cheers guys.

I’ve shared my Alfa 33S tune, I think I called it “RWD Lap Rivals”. It’s still what has given me my fastest time, but I’ll give Rayne’s 166MM a try some time. I’ve actually been ahead of his ghost quite a distance down that long straight, but then he goes rocketing past me. I then close up to really not that far behind after the hairpin, but he gains a lot of time again right on the very last straight section.

I gave the TZ2 a try, and did 1:01.9, but I don’t feel it’s worth spending a huge amount of time trying different builds and tunes of it.

Ha - yeah. I did four consecutive laps all under 1.01.7 - all of which I had a slight lead on you into the last hairpin - but can’t quite hold the same line as you in the Daytona. Lost my mojo after that and kept slightly messing up the long right hander putting me a few tenths down. Will try again tonight but I think you’ll go faster with Bree’s tune so will probably be able to put enough daylight between us.

I had a try with Rayne’s 166MM tune. It is pretty OP, and with practice, I’d say I was even able to get pretty consistent with it. My best lap was 59.6, so considerably faster than any other car.

I had a go at building and tuning my own version, but while I felt I had possibly improved the build, there is something eluding me in the tuning settings, and I can’t get it to put the power down like Rayne’s tune does. I’ve PMd him my build details to see if they improve the car when combined with his magic tune settings.

Great! A rivals challenge I’ve been missing. :slight_smile:
Two questions:
-when does the week end?
-are flagged laps accepted?

There’s a fairly loose definition of a week for these purposes but essentially roughly aligned with the change in seasons on Thursday evenings.

Flagged laps do not count.

1 Like

I just wanted take the opportunity to thank you guys for making the game fun again. These challenges have definitely reinvigorated my interest in playing daily and while I’m nowhere near as skilled as some of you, I’ve definitely improved. So cheers to you all and I look forward to (hopefully) many more of these.

2 Likes

Added a 166MM build with breeminator’s ideas. Should be faster than my build with TCS on. Without TCS it can’t handle the power as well as my version.

Think I’m tapped out this week. Tried Rayne’s Ferrari and I can’t break 1.02 in that. Can’t get the power down at all in auto. Bree’s RWD 33S is a beautiful drive but I’ve driven what I’d regard as a near flawless Lap in that for a 1,01.8 - Midnite in the same car flies away from me on each straight (and I think he can improve that time quite significantly through the long right hander).

I’ll have to settle for being the quickest auto driver not in a BS as the only car I think I have a bit of extra in is the Daytona and I reckon the absolute best I could do in that is a 1.01.4.