Rivals Challenge - FH5 Edition

Thought i’d give this a try. Used my Dino awd tune from Trial, same as DamMe2006 used for his run.

First runs: 2:47.577

Going to test how it handles with rwd drive. // Edit: Quick swap to rwd gained +2 seconds, now @2:44.559

Shared the rwd tune if someone faster than me can get better time (Sharecode: 111 149 356)

1 Like

Very impressive times guys :+1:. New tune options added to the second post in the thread. Current leader is Bedlam with 2.44.2 in the AWD S2000 GT.

Hmm, Bedlam’s Shelby is extremely strong. 2.43.9.

Edit - took me a bit of time to tidy up a couple of wayward corners but having done so new time is 2.42.7 in the same car/tune. Amusingly I just beat a cheat time in the same car that’s appeared.

Hi guys, i have been waiting for this hot lap challenge to start, i have been following your challenge on FH4, but was too busy to join, glad you are running this on FH5 now.

Im a bit off pace, gave it a try with the E-type first, but only managed a 2:54.xxx. Then i changed to Beermachines AWD Dino, got me a 2:53.xxx,. Finally i decided to fiddle around a little myself and shaved off a coupe more tents, current PB 2:52.813.

I have followed a bunch of you, hope that’s ok.

Managed to get to 2:45.599 in the Dino, I might come back later and try to squeeze another increment out but I think I am close to the limit of my ability with that.

Still very happy though I’ve only ever had 1 single top 100 time in Forza all the way back in FM4.

Edit: 45.566 now, I keep either setting a good pace on the 1st section up to Bahia de Plano or on the last section after the slow corner but just can’t seem to put both together in 1 hit, my ghost on the 45.599 one was in front the entire way until the last couple of corners and well in front after the 1st section.

Gave every tune posted by participants a spin, Eduardo´s DB5 and Bedlam´s 2000 GT both did a good job for me, but my new PB i set in Bedlam´s Shelby. Its not the easiest to drive, but if you get the power down its monstrously fast. New PB 2:50.253.

Might have another second or two in me, but i doubt i can go lower than that.

Is every competition running from saturday to saturday?

Nice time by the way, been chasing your ghost, I’ve improved but not by much lol.

1 Like

Thanks, don’t know how i haven’t read that part.

Try a RWD tune, the car stats are broken, AWD tunes are shown to be superior, but they are not.
Of all the tunes i have tried, the RWD tunes did the best.

I hope they will improve the way rivals is implemented into the game, i don’t know what they thought, when they made it that you can’t change your car and tune within the rivals menu.

Just tried Beermachine’s RWD Dino - new PB 2:51.205 again not earthshattering and probably can be improved upon but pretty happy with that for now #468 on LB

I’ve noticed myself that a lot of the things you would normally do in Forza (weight reduction) for example appear to increase PI but lower handing which hasn’t been the case before as far as I recall. So I think they’ve changed a few bits.

It’d be nice if you could just see your LB position at the end of a run, without having to accept the reward, then load up rivals again just to see where you finished.

3 Likes

Cobra is fast, but a bit hard to keep it on the road … literally lol

7 Likes

Technically it’s still on the road - just looking to back to the roads in FH3…

Dunno. Looks like that Cobra is PERFECTLY balanced to me!

1 Like

Great to see this back Jezza!

I’ve tried a couple of different cars and having been stuck with a PB in the wrong Shelby for a bit (duh!, lol) I’m now at 2:47.851 using Bedlam’s RWD Cobra. Hopefully will be able to improve on this a bit before Wednesday.

1 Like

Put in a few more laps, because i don’t think i will be able to improve much, if at all, during the week. Put in a 2:48.377, still in Bedlam´s Shelby. There is still a tiny bit to gain, if i could put it all together, but i´ m quite happy with that time.

Thought I’d join in if that’s ok?

Ferrari Dino: 2:43.664
Tune Share Code: 567 894 424

3 Likes

This is a nice tune - 2.42.3. Haven’t tried BeerMachine’s very similar one yet.

Meantime, please list whether your times are PC or Xbox, controller or wheel, and the assists you used for the run. Would really like to compare apples to apples with these times…

Good to see a few more familiar GT’s appearing - New PB 2:50.470 Xbox Series S Controller time. No assists other than driving line (still using Beermachine66’s Dino tune RWD).

That’s me done for tonight, will have to wait till after work tomorrow to try again.

We’d better leave these 2.45ish guys too it and have our own competition :slight_smile: 2:51.004 Dino ,xbox one s ,wheel+pedals (stuck with auto as have problems swapping between man/auto) no aids.
Think i’m at my skill limit tbh with both Dino and Muira roughly at same times: if i could do 1st half of lap with Dino,and 2nd half with Muira i could prob knock a couple of seconds off.Chuffed to be in the top 500 times tho tbh

1 Like

You should probably report that.
It’s usually just a setting change in the normal difficulty settings to get between manual or auto.
Must be yet another bug…