Rise of the Electric Cars

Yeah yeah, i have heard it all before. Before you start blasting me with “electric cars don’t have any sound” or “If i want to drive electric ill buy a toy” kind of stuff. I am a fan of everything that drives. And right now more and more brands have fully electric cars. And we did see a few of them in older Forza games and that is cool. But why not more. As EV’s have really cool statistics and driving mechanics. The weight distribution, the instant torque and the grip on the road, and even the regenerative braking. I would love to see the Tesla Model S plaid for instance or even the new Tesla roadster with the SpaceX pack. The Rimac C_Two, Pininfarina Battista, Lotus Evija, Aspark Owl, Drako GTE, Porsche Taycan, Nio EP9, Dendrobium D-1 or the more affordable Volkswagen ID.4, Kia Niro EV, Nissan Leaf, Mustang Mach E, Hyundai Kona Electric, Polestar 2, Audi e-Tron Sportback, Tesla Model S3XY, Jaguar I-Pace, Volvo XC40 Recharge, Mini Cooper SE Electric, Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV. I hope Turn 10 will make EVs into serious consideration. As the market grows and more and more fans love EV’s it would be a missed opportunity not to include them.

I hope to play with everyone soon in Forza Horizons 5 <3

4 Likes

I suspect quite a few of the manufacturers will be very keen to see their electric offerings in the game - especially the off-roaders. I’ll be amazed if the Mustang Mach E isn’t in there, for instance - I’ve had loads of marketing stuff from Ford for that in the last few months. The reality is, electric is where everything is going - the lack of noise is a shame, but it’s hard to argue with the torque!

1 Like

EVs, especially Teslas, can suck my dingleberries.

1 Like

It’s unavoidable with the industry’s shift towards e-mobility. E-cars and hybrids will become a bigger part of Forza and by itself I have no problem with it. I seriously considered buying a NSX irl but the driving dynamics weren’t on par with its price tag.

For the game though the PI system needs an overhaul when calculating e-cars. If it stays the same all electric cars will be awful.
I hope the guys programming this stuff have seen the “performance” of the Rimac, RAESR and IPace in Horizon 4 and how overrated they are by the system.

I’m actually against the rise of EVs, and I’m an environmentalist. I think it trades one problem for another: Recycling or disposing of Lithium is SUPER bad for the environment. My vote is on e-fuel. All modern cars can use it without modification, and old cars can use it with minor modification, there’s no carbon monoxide as a byproduct of burning it (just carbon dioxide) so it’s that little bit safer, and it’s carbon neutral since the carbon it’s burning was farmed out of the atmosphere. Can use our already existing distribution system as well. The current catch is the cost, but more research and mass production can go a long way to reducing that. I think Hybrids are a much better stopgap solution until e-fuel is ready for prime time.

Anyways, I started with the environmental preamble because, in spite of my feelings about EVs, I LOVE the way they drive. I love the unique characteristics they bring to the table, and I’m excited for more options in game. I never want them to replace traditional engines entirely, but for them to exist side by side with fuel (hopefully e-fuel) solutions, especially when it comes to hypercars, is really exciting.

4 Likes

Yeah, where is my Tesla Model Y? they are so good sold all over the world, can’t be ignored.

1 Like

Elon is a member?

2 Likes

I confess to having done + enjoyed getting the drive 1000 miles in a hybrid/electric car badge in FM4 with the Chevy Volt, having that and despite it being horrid the Nissan Leaf was great.

1 Like

Of Spectre? Yes, I believe so.

2 Likes

If they are going to include electrics, that’s fine by me…but since they all have instant torque and higher horsepower than equal gasoline/diesel machines, let’s at least make it realistic…they’ll run out of charge 3/4 of the way through any race and require 35 minutes to charge up to complete???
:smiley:

They can put in an animation of your avatar flying a drone or having a meal while the charge trickles in?..maybe climbing a rock face…

2 Likes

My views are similarly aligned with @TheWarmWind76 wrt EV’s.

The insistence on pushing electric cars through is not going to be the great environmental saviour some believe it to be - imo. The carbon footprint of an EV from production to the forecourt is quite frankly shocking, and that’s without addressing the ticking time bomb of its end of life batteries.

We (specifically the UK) don’t and won’t have the capacity to offer a countrywide, reliable and readily available charging infrastructure for quite some time. Until that fundamental and enormously expensive aspect is fully costed and implemented, I can’t help wonder what is the point.

Both VAG and the Daimler group have spent vast fortunes researching synthetic fuel alternatives and it’s my belief this should be the way forward, not electric for the salient points mentioned by WW76

And, as for the glued to the road, eco-mentalist crowd who believe an EV runs on the tears of happiness shed by baby pandas and orangutan’s who would be otherwise dead if I have the audacity to enjoy my ‘proper’ car - they’re part of the problem not the solution.

4 Likes

@Cained_N_unAbel I would hit the “LIKE X 100” button if it were an option!!

So many on point, points,

2 Likes

I believe the whole world should follow in Australias foot steps and not use cars but ride animals instead :kangaroo:

Gasoline forever

3 Likes

Goes perfectly with autosteering and autobraking.

There’s still not a lot of electricity from renewables so it’s just being burned elsewhere. There’s an argument that the fuels are being used more efficiently. Battery storage is required to use power from solar at night or power from wind when the air is still. They build those facilities in populated urban and suburban areas. One a few miles from me just caught fire and one on the opposite side of the city did a few years ago. While there’s a big push for EV there’s a long way to go for it to be realistic to cover what’s currently in use. Environmentally it’s probably better to NOT on turn your Xbox.

Wait, I just realized all the cars in Forza are EVs so maybe they’ve found the solution?

It’s even better than that, the carbon footprint to manufacture them is negligible !

:wink:

FWIW… I wouldn’t mind seeing more electrics in the game, if they actually made them different enough. Not just some reskin and new audio slapped on. They are superior in some areas and circumstances but only fools tout them as the perfect solution to everything internal combustion.

Some factors not mentioned much. . .

How much does the average EV cost?- well over 50k for the base model.
How much time does it take to charge? - about 8 hours.
How much is it per kilowatt hour? - about 18 cents - the good point- or about $58.00 per month - depending upon the quality of the vehicle.
How much does it cost to have a charge station added to your home?
Two types of power of two different levels of the “purity” of the electricity.
You are required to upgrade the electrical in your home to meet the additional power demand.
If you want the better level of electricity - you are looking at about 2K to add that station to your home. - not including the home upgrade needed.
Who… owns the majority of electrical power stations . . . ?
Why such a hard push to get rid of fossil fuels? - might want to check that out -
Hint - look up Blackrock sometime -if you dare . . .

Of course, this is outside all of the environmental aspects already mentioned.

Just a few more numbers to consider outside of the usual obvious . . .

1 Like

Things don’t happen over night. To get to a destination you first need to take the initial few steps.

My heart every time I attempt to contemplate the proposed benefits of society and racing games going more electric:

2 Likes