Reviews with Wheel

Anyone come across reviews that played with a wheel? Waiting for ISR’s review. I think Alan on Team VVV won’t be posting a review using wheel since his setup is down at the moment.

Please post a link in this thread. Looking forward to reading/watching.

1 Like

My TX Wheel and T3PA pedals feel great, updated firmware of course.

Skreamies - did you notice any difference between the Demo and the Full game in the way the wheel/pedals behaved? I didn’t have an issue with my TX/3PH/H8A but there are quite a few people who are complaining the wheel is terrible in the demo - wondering if you can offer any consolation that the game is better than the demo …

Wheel felt the same in the demo as the full game. I would also say better due to the different variation of tracks I could use it on :slight_smile:

Haven’t found a fault yet with it.

All deadzones 0%/100% etc… Wheel rotation is at 720 and sometimes at 330, feels good on all setting simulation or normal, assists off or on.

One thing I will say is that the vibration is a little bad. 100% sounds like my TX wheel is breaking so it’s on 25% still has the sound but not as bad. FM5 is fine though with vibration.

What version of the firmware do you have? Just updated mine on the 5th, did a new version come out since then?

Looking forward to your review! Sounds like you will be a good source.

Firmware 49 is latest, you should be good.

I’ve checked all listed reviews and looks like none of them is with the use of wheel?
Saying this i wrote own, it’s in polish but still readable with google translator, feel free to check it if you wish.
It’s not ab. games visuals or other aspects, just wheel usage, force feedback and physics rating.

Original
Force feedback i fizyka w Forza Motorsport 6 - wrażenia z kierownicy Fanatec ClubSport V2 i Thrustmaster TX

Egnlish translation
Force feedback and physics in Forza Motorsport 6 - impressions of the steering wheel Fanatec ClubSport V2 and Thrustmaster TX

Playing full game?

Will read when I have a break from work, thanks.

Yes

Just read it, so what you are saying is that it’s basically the same, which means it’s doody.

Nice read, although you seem to be playing and basing review on the demo? I agree with your review in many areas of the demo.

Side question, you use the expression “on the handlebars”. Is that a Polish expression?

We say “on the fence” here in the United States. Always interesting to hear expressions from other cultures.

Yeap, demo. Those with access (under NDA) told me FFB is exactly the same in full version ;(

“on the handlebars” - no no it’s not expression, automatic translation turned “rim” and “wheel” into handlebar :wink:

1 Like

@Rockefelluh, i would say barely enough to cruise around track or mess with AIs.

However unusable for online racing, or even serious hotlaping ;(

Anyone come across reviews that played with a wheel? Waiting for ISR’s review. I think Alan on Team VVV won’t be posting a review using wheel since his setup is down at the moment.

must be using a thrustmaster, hopefully it will work when forza 7 comes out.

It’s his TV that’s down. I know you’ve had problems with your wheel and support but let’s keeps this thread on track and leave the hardware failures to the hardware section.

@Rockefelluh, i would say barely enough to cruise around track and mess with AIs. However unusable for online racing, or even serious hotlaping.

I’m very disappointed from lack of support for my not cheap TX Wheel, Turn10 must hear us. Wheel must be primary controller for Forza series, for pad users there is Forza Horizon. I think they loose clear vision about Forza series.

I disagree that it needs to be the primary. Primary still needs to be a controller as to the best of my knowledge xbox doesnt come with a wheel. But for a racing game i think it would be a pretty high priority to have a highly optimized wheel use also.

TX owner… will not be playing fm6 on a wheel unless i can find a way to greatly improve it.

1 Like

The demo feels ok on my Fanatec CSW v2. Greatly improved over FM5. That being said, its still not nearly as good as just about any major PC racing sim but everyone should expect that.

I’m just guessing here but the demo and full version should be the same and if not I doubt a hot fix has been released to the chosen few that have it already. @ first I was impressed with the demo on my TX but quickly realized it was at full everything. When I dialed it down to where I like my setting It was and is sadly the same or only slightly better than FM5. I only use a wheel and have been for the past 5 years. I have had all walks of life when it comes to wheels on PC PS3/PS4 XB1 and XB360. Sadly I have to say only because the graphics are not great but the recently well mayish released game has better wheel input so we all now can put to reset the “its a XBOX issue when it comes to FFB” because we know that is not true.
That being said I do think wheel user fill find it at least at first a refreshing experience just because of new content but for how long will be up to each user. I will of course give an updated review if need by the weekend when I put this new release to the test.

1 Like