Request refund?

Sorry to hear you can’t play the game.

Many Game shops will give a refund on a “goodwill” basis, especially if they want to avoid legal claims, so perhaps try that first. The “fit for purpose” per definition argument in this instance is a grey area with legio counters and required proof of non-fit for purpose. Best of luck and remember 30 days limit.

not fit for purpose? i play the game and see no reason why to return it…you can spell it out politely to me.

1 Like

I didn’t post here to start a petty row. There’s nothing left for me to do on the game (car tier 40), online is all that’s left and is typically the only thing I do on Forza but it’s border-line unplayable. Search around and find out for yourself or play online for an hour.

1 Like

I played approximately 40-50 hours and got a refund. It depends on the issue you’re having with a game, and if you have a previous refund request on your record from the last 365 days. Since the issues with this game are very widespread Microsoft is fully aware of it, and they seem to be willing to make exceptions. The first customer service representative that I spoke with refused to refund the game, the second one I spoke with refunded it. You’ve got a 50/50 shot at this point.

1 Like

I got a refund today after buying oct 5th from microsoft store. I liked the game but crashing in singleplayer races is unacceptable.

2 Likes

I wonder how many “refunds” will be requested once the “X” version comes out next week!
Maybe none, maybe the “X” version will have ZERO CTD’s, in fact, i’m pretty sure it will have ZERO CTD’s.
This game IS made from the ground up for the “X”, T10 has been involved since day one and I can’t imagine they will releasing a bunch of CTD’s.
Nothing will be left to chance, no way can they afford to, too much at stake for MS, the “X” version will run like a dream… mark my words.

We’ll see on Nov 7th… 7 days till D-day… or should I say… X-day.

Of course, they wouldn’t. Who in their right minds would release a game like that?

1 Like

And so it was with FM5 and that was “Ten years in the making…”

Make no mistake, the Xbox One X version will be the exact same pile except it will be visually more stunning. Polishing a turd and all…
It’s hard though because the game is so fatally flawed on many levels.

1 Like

It’s quite likely the Xbox One X version will run well on release (it’s the flagship title), but I expect an update for FM7 before it’s release or on launch day. It should fix most of the crashing issues for the Xbox One at least. As far as I know, the two systems operate very similar, the X is just more powerful, so both versions should be in good shape when the X is out.

Who knows when the PC version will be fixed…

I just got second refund. First because of VIP credits issue, then I brought it again and now it CTD constantly. I did chat again and got a second refund. Not coming back to the game ever. Done! Switched to GTSport, but it’s got it’s own set of problems. At least it’s playable.

2 Likes

Purchased my physical copy at Gamestop. Tried to return it, didn’t go well. Considering I lost out on FM3 and FM7 DLC car packs and the ability to return the game by doing business with gamestop, I’m done with them. They are the next Blockbuster video, brick and mortar stores for games are obsolete. The one closest to me already went out of business. Used copies are already pretty cheap online so selling it isn’t going to do much either.

1 Like

So many people are done with those and done with these…man, the whole infrastructure must break down, when y´all done with everything so fast.

I´m not always amused about things here, too - but I will keep my game AND I surely will buy the X. The only mistake, I won´t make again: Buy it early! That I did was my fault, right? It´s not that I don´t know the gaming industry, so I could have known.

2 Likes