Removing cars from garage

So if you decide to remove a car from your garage it is just gone, no credit back just poof its gone.

Yup! I wish we could still get atleast a part of the credits we spent on them. removing cars just seems silly now

3 Likes

I removed a car from my cars list thinking I would get credits back. Is there a way to get it back? Why would they even have that button?

Yeah, it’s not a “sell” button. My guess would be to eliminate cars from your garage you don’t want. Duplicates or cares you didn’t like driving/racing in.

I’m not sure why you thought that seeing as it doesn’t mention credits anywhere in the removal process, and it’s been known since release that you can’t sell or gift cars.

Hopefully you tested it on a cheaper car first and didn’t lose anything too valuable…

still… its pretty lame to spend so much on some of these cars and get absolutely no resale value from them… its certainly a few steps back in the series. Ive been playing this series since its inception back on the original xbox and I’ve never seen the game take so many steps back as this one has in the series. This game in general is simply not finished… for a myriad of reasons of which ill not go into here as its a bit off topic.

However, if this “Design choice” was done on purpose then Turn10 should be ashamed of themselves for doing so. it was a very lazy choice and completely void of any forethought from a players point of view.

Why would ANYONE want to spend a few million on a car in this game and not be able to at least redeem a 1/4 to half its value if not all of it. Not saying there needs to be an auction house to sell the cars but at least sell it back to the game.

This is but one aspect of this game that I am disappointed in out of several.

That given; I still play the thing everyday (level 336) with almost futile hope that Turn10 hasn’t already abandoned this game to start working on Forza 6. There are simply too many things that need to be addressed.

And that’s my $.02

5 Likes

I’m hopeful that the missing aspects and ‘steps backwards’ are due to time constraints put in place by MS. Going by the quality of all previous forza games, I have faith that T10 is working hard to address these missing features.

But I’m sure some changes are here to stay, such as not being able to sell cars. While I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of a sell feature being added, it wouldn’t surprise me if it stayed how it is to make it that much harder for people to glitch money.

On the other hand, T10 could implement a harsh penalty system for those that do figure out glitches, and give us back the option to sell cars/parts and bring back the auction house.

I’m sure in the coming months F5 will blossom into its true form, but if not it’s still a great game that’s holds its own as a launch title. And after the controversy surrounding forza 5s content (or lack thereof) I’m sure forza 6 will be incredible. But like you said, hopefully they are focussing on 5 for the time being.

1 Like

hmm… may I surmise that It’s really not so much about users glitching money, but turn 10 making more money. Preventing people from making in game credits to buy the car they want so, entices players to spend money on quick level elevation through micro transactions, otherwise they have a long slog to able to attain the desired vehicle.

I’m not beening funny but can’t sell your car that is bad. Some things in forza 5 is missing yes is a good game but forza 4 was better coz u can do a lot more on it. Really need to put a lot more in forza 5 to beat forza 4. Wen u make a game like this it sud beat the old ones all I’m sayin is there a lot missing from this game please can u fix them thanks

Yeah… and I have not heard anything from th Turn 10 team on the subject of selling your car for credits. I dont know if they are waiting for the Marketplace to open or what… but this should have been brought up… its hard enough making credits legit. I mean seriously… you only get 35k per driver level… and around 6-10k depending on how you play/race. Then… on top of all that you get jacked moding your cars… I mean seriously… I dont know what person priced out stuff, but they need their head examined. Saying that… the AI modding your car is ridiculous… DONT DO IT>. look at the cars racing first… then BUY your car… and mod it yourself.

Would have liked to have seen alot more wheels from better manufactures… but again… all Turn 10 is only capable of cutting and pasting it seems… with different textures and paints… I would have personally assisted like so many others willing to give Turn 10 better wheel choices… call it what you will but they FAILED miserably in the mods department…

1 Like

I think the wheel manufacturer thing comes down to licencing. They can’t just put any wheel in the game without getting or paying for the licence to include it first.

Yes… I realize this… however nothing has changed in this catagory from… F3? makes you wonder if they even tried… which I doubt.

1 Like

What was the subject of this thread? Oh yeah … removing vehicles from your garage.

There is obviously a very particular reason why selling vehicles was removed from Forza 5 - one that we will, likely, never know. That said, a simple solution is to not purchase vehicles that you do not wish to keep.

1 Like

Is there a limit to the number of vehicles you can have in your garage. There was in FM4.
This might be a reason why you have to remove cars from your garage.

My main frustration on this subject is that it lets you buy duplicate cars without letting you know that you already own them.

There is no question that Car and tune management is not as obvious or east as in FM4 but this will improve, I’m sure.

Is it true that only ltd edition owners only get credits if they remove there cars ?

No. Nobody does.

is there a way to sell cars in forza 5?

No.

thank you. i wonder why that is

I believe it is just another feature implemented to cut down on opportunities to cheat. In turn, it also makes every vehicle purchase something to consider before spending the credits.

1 Like