Rear View Mirror 3-24-14

Hey John, great article, and the topic is even better, I think Days of thunder did play a roll in the sports surge in popularity, but it kinda happened around the same time Gordon started racing, and he brought the west coast veiwers into nascar, plus a lot of younger fans…except me lol, I was a fan long before that. I remember Kyle Petty drove the mellow yellow car after that movie came out. As far as tires go, most of the drivers are not interested in them repaving the track, it will make the race very fast and boring…similar thing happened at Atlanta when they repaved, it took a few years before the track got some character back. I think Kyle Larson is the real deal, I have been following his progress since he got his car stuck in the fence at Daytona last year, Chase Elliot is another up and comer, who is going too make a lasting impression…As Dale Jr says…the kid doesn’t know yet, just how good he really is.

GT hipwader62x

Unicorn F4 2007 Murcielago LP640

Well, I don’t know if its kharma or something, but I always said that I don’t like Nascar and now, my friend from GT Brasil will race in Euro Nascar and I guess that I’ll have to watch lol

Days of Thunder is a movie that is on tv almost everyday and untill now I’ve never finished to watch, so I don’t know how the race ends, but the last 2 laps on Fontana were very interesting, maybe I should give Nascar a try some more times

Sick livery on that Black Series! I love that Forza 5 home space tho, can’t wait to have my XOne and FM5.

GT: GaudelioCarlos
Unicorn: FM4 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

hi, that was an intresting read and watch, not into nascar but the video was impressive.
im pretty new to forza 4 and liking it a lot,
good luck on driving that time down btw.

gamertag spreader27

unicorn: Gallardo s/2002 mine’s r34 skyline gtr

many thanks

I as well am new to forza, i love horizon online free roam is so fun and id really love a crx to rip around in :), i dont watch nascar often but id imagine alot of people are into it for the good looking girls crazy fast/loud cars and of course the history behind it Would probably be very interesting, but anyway my GT is HP420BiSh and id really love a honda crx i lovee honda! i was hoping there would be a 1995 honda civic hatchback or even just a 2 door coupe or the new crz i love those but ya if you guys wanted to hook me up.with a crx it would be very much appreciated!!

The nascar was great this time, there were a few beautiful overtakes during the event, I really liked it.
Thank you for the new RVM and for the previous unicorns Jhon.

Gt: IVOVIZ86
FM4 Unicorn: Honda NSX-R GT

Once again a good read, This weekend promises to be a good weekend of Motorsport. Will have
to drive hard during the week

Gt: doglordscott
FM4 Unicorn: Honda NSX-R GT

Man great RVM.Just like to say the Days of Thunder movie is my all time fav of racing movies.The big crash and he makes it tho a great part in it.I love he wants to pit and they are eating ice cream so funny. unicorn 2002 mines skyline sleepyp1980

Hi John, its been a while. Love the article and I know how you feel about the rivals…Its always my goal to be “respectable”, sometimes falling short. lol.

You posed a question: "how much you think Days of Thunder played in to the re-birth of NASCAR "…Well, I think that depends on which part of the country you live in. I am sure that if your in the mid-west, the heart of NASCAR, you probably just said “yup, that’s how it is” but if you live out here on the west coast it was a different story. Being a racing fan all my life that movie charged me up! made me want to go out and race myself. I really showed the viewer the true competitiveness of NASCAR and how many of the racers out there do not have the benefit of top notch sponsors and what a challenge it is to just compete let alone win.

It was great to see the rookie win in So. Cal, kinda give notice to some of the other guys that theres new blood on the track.

Again, a great read John, thanks!!!

GT Doodley Squat
Unicorn: 2006 HKS Time Attack Evo

Dood

Again, thank you for a great professional writing on behalf of everyone :slight_smile:

GT: hun SMaSh
FM4 Unicorn Car: 1969 Chevy Camaro SS Coupe

Thanks for your answers and input on the Days of Thunder relativity question. I learned from each of your posts.

With regard to CBH, I got my time down to 2:37 something, but Spa has a lot to teach me and the McLaren is one fiesty iron horse. I don’t think I’ll be doing to many more laps. I already almost threw my controller once, and I’m trying to keep calm. :slight_smile: Not my track, not my car, I need to spend more time practicing but I am always a busy johniwanna.

Hey, send me good thoughts as I am hopefully closing on a house this week. A new home for my rides and a place to really build into my own. I need it, so your support is appreciated.

John

3 Likes

Best of luck on the house John!! Got you in my thoughts!!

1 Like

Best of luck John! Hope all goes well!

1 Like

I know you’ll get that house bud. You deserve to have a place of your own that you can call home.

1 Like

Really complicated this bounty hunter, a very technical circuit with a fast section on the first part and a second part that requires agility and precision all with a high-powered production car and difficult to tame, in a word: mastery!

In any case the reward is earned, a Mercedes exception with a fabulous painting!

Forza 4

Unicorn: S15 Top Secret

GT: Str33t M Pow3r

Thanks Johniwanna.

Good luck on the house. Hope it works out
I’d say good luck on the CBH you can’t give in that easy. I gave in at a 2.31.1 and just pushed a little more and managed a 2.30.5
Don’t go getting angry at it.
“anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads to the dark side”

1 Like

Good luck with the house,John!

1 Like

Thanks for the support on the house guys! I can feel the love! :slight_smile:

On CBH, I think I just have too much on my mind these days to truly settle in, relax and find my inner johniwanna. When my CBH comes up, I will be putting in my very best.

It’s always best to let the boss win anyway right?

John

3 Likes

I always look forward to the weekly round up. Thank you.
Cant wait to see what happens with the Stadium Super Trucks, hopefully lots of videos for me to watch as I dont think its covered “over the pond”
As for Days of Thunder…I had to watch the film again after first watching it. Amazing, nothing else like it at the time. And for me, it introduced me to Nascar. I had heard of it but never saw it, so I had to see some. I even got my friend hooked as well. We both bought the Nascar Racing series and played most nights. Really is great racing. So it brought 2 new fans to the series at least. Then I managed to watch it regularly on satellite TV.
My friend was lucky enough to have a holiday to the States and watch the Daytona a few years back, and I am a very happy owner of a program! And my son loves the Cars film, which is a good start.

GT: PocketPoncho UK

FM4 Unicorn: 1993 MINE’S R32 Skyline GT-R

“This ones for you, Harry”

Great articles I’ve enjoyed reading them for weeks. Keep up the great work.
GT: Tazzmann6955
FM4: BMW M3 GTR

As usual EPIC RVM… Days of thunder was a great movie,as far as it helping bring nascar back hmmm that’s difficult to say. I do know lots of nascar fans who will still watch that movie very quickly though if they feel the need. But lol my favorite part of the whole RVM is “daddy’s paying for it” lol epic.
GT : tooshort064
FM4 unicorns if you feel generous
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
1993 Mines R32 Skyline GT-R