REAL WORLD CALL FOR HELP!!!

Forza Community,

this is the most serious post I have ever made and will probably ever make on this forums. I live in the Sacramento Valley in California and my wife if from Clearlake, CA. During the evening hours this Saturday a large wildfire broke out in the Cobb Mountain area of Lake County. Unlike the Rocky Fire which was in the wilderness, this one (the #ValleyFire) started near a town and has spread very quickly. Currently it has moved through the cities of Cobb, Loch Lomond, Hidden Valley Lake, Middletown, and others and is under 0% containment (still spreading). People who live in these areas have literally lost everything and most of the town of Hidden Valley Lake is completely engulfed in flames.

Many homes have been lost and unfortunately, many pets are currently missing as well.

Lake Country Fire and any California Department of Fire personnel in the area are fighting the blaze and hopefully reinforcements are on the way. Evacuation Centers have been set up and people are being evacuated but the situation remains very, very difficult. I’ve been told that many of the evacuation centers are in need of supplies to help all those in need.

More information can be found on Twitter as well as Facebook by searching for Valley Fire or any Lake County news page: Lake County Record Bee, Lake county News, ABC News, Nils Palsson, KPFZ 88.1 FM and others.

At the very least, I am asking you all to keep the citizens of Lake County in your thoughts (and prayers if that’s your thing). If you are in a position to be able to assist, either financially or by sending supplies, I hope you are able to do so.

The current Evacuation centers are located at:

5480 Main St, Kelseyville, CA 95451
3246 Bowers Avenue, Clearlake, CA 95422
14330 Memory Lane, Clearlake, CA 95422
15900 E. Hwy 20, Clearlake, CA 95423
1435 N. Oak St., Calistoga, CA 94515
5340 3rd St., Kelseyville, CA 95451 (currently at or beyond maximum capacity)

Items in need: clothes, shoes, blankets, pillows, stuffed animals for children, bottled water, cat food, dog food, non perishable foods - baked beans, canned fruit, canned soup - bread, tortillas, canned or dried meats.

I hope some are able to assist.
I cannot thank you enough.

-PPiDrive

1 Like

Alas, B Wald can do little. My utmost sympathies go out to those affected by this devastating CA fire season.

I see this is a few wks old already…Hope all is well w you and your family.Thats scary stuff for sure.